I think Massey starts a week later than Vic, so perhaps our breaks won't fall at exactly the same time. I'll probably be home for most of the breaks, although that might change once I get there.

Nah, we both start on the 28th. However, breaks are probably at different times due to trimesters as opposed to semesters. That April date is probably more convenient but more likely to be in a break...

I'm marvelling at the intelligence of Justin Bieber fans. I'm reading through a history of the changes made to Esperanza Spalding's wiki page after the Grammy Awards.

My favourites:

"JUSTIN BIEBER DESERVED IT GO DIE IN A HOLE. WHO THE HECK ARE YOU ANYWAY?"

"SHE IS ******* REATARD THAT NO ONE HAS HEARD OF SO B**** PLEASE DIE !"

"On February 13, 2011, Esperanza won the Grammy for Best New Artist, beating deserved winnner, Justin Bieber."

"She stole the Grammy Award for Best New Artist at the 53rd Grammy Awards"

Absolutely genius.

:LOL: win

Fucking StudyLink. I have to apply for a limited full-time student loan because I only need two papers to graduate, but I don't think I can get course related costs if I do that. Which I need. Maybe I'll just take an additional unnecessary paper so I can get a normal student loan. Or just not read any of the texts :indiff:
If you're only studying for a semester, you'll have to take four papers to qualify for course-related costs. Three's not enough either. If there's not a similar limited full-time course-related costs thing.

I'm quite excited about going to Wellington. :awesome:
:awesome: Best city in the country. And MGMT are playing at Vic in March.

Auckland Uni sent me a letter, only to my aunt's house in Auckland (which I gave as a studying address, because I don't actually have anywhere atm). So now she's ringing up tonight to read it aloud. I hope they haven't split second decided not to let me study. I don't know why they would, considering my marks, but the worry's still there.

Purely hypothetically, of course...

How would you go about asking out someone who used to be your boss, but now isn't your boss after your recent promotion, but whose desk in the office is right next to your new boss, who also happens to be the former boss' best friend? Bearing in mind that they work the same hours and the seating arrangement in the office is such that walking into that area leads to your new boss assuming you're making the trip to talk to her about something work-related.

How would you go about asking out someone who used to be your boss, but now isn't your boss after your recent promotion, but whose desk in the office is right next to your new boss, who also happens to be the former boss' best friend? Bearing in mind that they work the same hours and the seating arrangement in the office is such that walking into that area leads to your new boss assuming you're making the trip to talk to her about something work-related.

Do it outside of work space/hours?

Cricket fans, am I the only one who is baffled by James Franklin even being in consideration for the WC squad, let alone a cert for the first team?

It is weird, although I found the selection of Jamie How even more baffling. He was averaging a whopping 19.75 in one-day cricket this season for CD - compare that with Rob Nicol's 72.00 (including two centuries).

The fact that How is apparently the back-up wicketkeeper makes it even more bizarre. Apparently he's kept wicket on one occasion in his whole career. Now that's experience.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10706938 :noey:

For someone who supposedly grew up in a low-income family, he has a staggering lack of understanding of what their lives are like.

I find this more offensive than I can possibly articulate.

Ohhh man, I used to actually semi enjoy that magazine! (At work in breaks it's the old M2s/Esquires, or the old Woman's Days. Don't judge).

This in comparison to the beneficiary article also illustrates that awful balance of image he manages to maintain, and which a lot of people are sucked into :facepalm:

Auckland uni sent me all this orientation stuff by post and email this week. Most of which I've already missed. The one bit I kind of semi regret is that I couldn't go to the stuff at the marae, but that probably would have been weird and awkward anyway.

Corner them outside of work/on a lunch break. Or email if needs be.