Yeah, very true. It turned into a far better game than I expected when I got home and saw we were five down for bugger all. And it ended up being a pretty exciting finish. Bennett particularly impressed me with the ball tonight.

Haha, that is awesome. Haven't heard that in ages.

I find it weird that John Key is being criticised so much for alleged sexism for naming some celebrities he considers hot. To me, the much more serious thing is that he's doing a weekly radio interview with Tony Veitch, being all matey with him. The same Tony Veitch who pushed his partner down a staircase, right?

I didn't realise that National actually passed the legislation to limit how long you could get a student loan for. :stunned: Is there any other stuff passed that I should know about? (I know all about the employment stuff...)

I just seems to be that you hear about proposed legislation and think "Well, it's only proposed" then suddenly it's passed by parliament.

I would like to finish my postgrad stuff one day, only got two more papers to do.

I just seems to be that you hear about proposed legislation and think "Well, it's only proposed" then suddenly it's passed by parliament.

Yeah, this bothers me as well. I read the main section of the newspaper in full every day, and follow politics pretty closely, and yet I still hardly hear anything about some of these pieces of legislation until they're enacted.

There's a current thread of "Is Auckland a city of immigrants" with the first post of "Is Living in Auckland no longer like living in a city that is representitive of NZ."

One of the replies:

YES we are definitely the minority group here.

I sat on a bench on Queen St last week at lunch time and watching the crowd we played "Spot the Kiwi" anyone European or Maori. Not many.

A friend living on edge of Albany, has had numerous requests to sell her house (she is the ONLY European in that particular part and the rest are now Korean). Imagine if they get their own political party together.