That's what I thought when you said about the major. I think you'd be better concentrating on the degree you do want and then looking at doing Honours/Postgrad stuff on that. Take a BA paper or two as interest if you want.

I have a couple friends who have double degrees (BSc or BA's with BComs) and it made very little difference to anything. Think they just wanted an extra year at Otago.

That's what I thought when you said about the major. I think you'd be better concentrating on the degree you do want and then looking at doing Honours/Postgrad stuff on that. Take a BA paper or two as interest if you want.

I have a couple friends who have double degrees (BSc or BA's with BComs) and it made very little difference to anything. Think they just wanted an extra year at Otago.

The only thing that I could really get out of it is to do geography under a BA and something that leads to a different kind of career under a BSc.

I need to talk to my sister anyway, she's doing geography at uni too so I can see if it's worth doing it under a BA.

Oren did Geography under a BA, he might tell you what it's like. I had a friend who did Geography on a BSc, her ambition when she finally finished it was to go on the dole for last semester to stay in Dunedin while everyone else finished their Honours/Double Degrees. :LOL:

Oren did Geography under a BA, he might tell you what it's like. I had a friend who did Geography on a BSc, her ambition when she finally finished it was to go on the dole for last semester to stay in Dunedin while everyone else finished their Honours/Double Degrees. :LOL:

Ah, that's cool. All I want to know is if it's any different from a BSc. If not, I might do something like biotechnology...

:LOL: that's a clever idea! She might've even got a fair bit of money out of that too :p

Ah, that's cool. All I want to know is if it's any different from a BSc. If not, I might do something like biotechnology...

:LOL: that's a clever idea! She might've even got a fair bit of money out of that too :p

I don't think it was any different to doing it as BSC, at least not until post grad. Then I think there was a slight difference in what compulsory courses you had, though I'm not really sure as I didn't go that far.

It turns out that I did get accepted into my course anyway, despite the fact I didn't even get the pre-requisites, wtf university.

Oh congrats! :D

Did you guys know there's a town in Tasmania called Penguin?

Neither did I.

No, I did not.

"The town rejoices in all things ‘penguin.'"

"3.15 metre (10 foot) high cement and fiberglass penguin erected in 1975 "

Sounds like a good place to go to if I ever get to Tasmania.

There's a helicopter flying in circles near my house atm. It's kinda freaking me out :erm: Googled to see if there was any news about why its doing it, but there seems to be nothing. Its been going for about 20 minutes so far.

Police helicopters flying around my area is too common for me to get worried by them :LOL: But if it was really near my house like you, it would be a tad more concerning.

I don't think it was any different to doing it as BSC, at least not until post grad. Then I think there was a slight difference in what compulsory courses you had, though I'm not really sure as I didn't go that far.

Ah, I see... Thanks! I couldn't understand the damn booklet they gave me so I couldn't figure out if they were the same or not. I'm not sure if I'll do it under a BA or BSc yet, I'm figuring out what I want my second major as tonight...

Oh congrats! :D

Churr! :awesome:

Good comeback in the cricket. Might get a bit of a bat tonight.

Weather forecast for tomorrow is dodgy. :( Hope it's wrong.

I wonder who this Sharapova stalker is. Apparently it's "a New Zealand television journalist". Any guesses?

Weather forecast for tomorrow is dodgy. :( Hope it's wrong.

I wonder who this Sharapova stalker is. Apparently it's "a New Zealand television journalist". Any guesses?

If there's a day's play tomorrow it could be a good contest.

I wonder if it will end up like how Bjork's reporter-stalker did.

I just heard that it might be James McOnie. That probably means it's all a joke that's fallen a bit flat and got out of hand.

I guess it kind of shows who's up for a joke and who isn't - he challenged Ana Ivanovic to a bomb competition at a Melbourne swimming pool, and she accepted!

Edited by _Ed_

I got a $200 fine for having expired registration at Mission Bay on Sunday :mad: I was parked on a back-street- what kind of parking warden patrols back-streets? *grumble grumble*

Get it done today and send proof. They let most people off that way.

So pissed off with the Black Caps right now. What are they doing? They could have batted with some intent and set a target, then tried to bowl Pakistan out tomorrow.

But they're playing like a draw, meaning a 1-0 series loss, suits them just fine. Really fucking disappointing.

They have given themselves a chance now. Their approach was much better in the last hour. Tim Southee played awesomely until he gave Chris Martin the strike halfway through an Umar Gul over. :noey:

The TAB odds suggest tomorrow will be an exciting day:

NZ $3

Pakistan $3.50

Draw $2