Yeah, he looks to have some potential in the lower order... only time will tell if he can develop a proper all rounder though (getting a little ahead of myself)... Might just be a Kyle Mills type bowler. The TAB has overrated our chances a bit... But good considering we were at $7 at the start of the day!

I think we have a decent chance. Pakistan have never chased 300 to win in the 4th innings in their history, so this target should really test them. And no other team apart from NZ today has scored more than 260 in a single day in this series. The ball is turning a hell of a lot there now as well.

22.2 degrees and 96% humidity at 2am. Honestly, Auckland. Be reasonable.

Good thing it's not so bad today, yet anyway. I keep looking at the forecast for Friday of course. It has improved slightly from a dark rainy cloud to a lighter rainy cloud (occasional showers), so here's hoping it improves some more.

Yeah, hope so. I've never been to a wet BDO.

Annoying that The Black Keys have pulled out. I wasn't interested in seeing them, but I'm worried about the impact it'll have on the Green/Essential stage timetable.

Edit: Oh, they've just replaced them with Kora. Cool.

Edited by _Ed_

I haven't listened to much of The Black Keys but I was interested in seeing them and a guy at uni was really wanting to see them, so poor him.

If it looks like there may be rain I might have to wear all my water proof field gear :LOL:

I just got to uni in my car for the first time :awesome: So glad it's finally all ready for the road :D

Good thing it's not so bad today, yet anyway. I keep looking at the forecast for Friday of course. It has improved slightly from a dark rainy cloud to a lighter rainy cloud (occasional showers), so here's hoping it improves some more.

I remember it was meant to pour down at the BDO last year. All it did was lightly drizzle during Lily Allen, and that was it :p

Oh, they've just replaced them with Kora. Cool.

I thought Kora were quite bad last year, to be honest :erm: it seemed to be 45 minutes of the same song played over and over. They didn't really get the crowd going either...

I notice Andrew WK is on the timetable twice for the BDO - Green Stage, then Lilyworld. :erm: Once is surely enough. More than enough, really.

Where was Lilyworld? I couldn't find it at all :LOL:

I thought Kora were quite bad last year, to be honest :erm: it seemed to be 45 minutes of the same song played over and over. They didn't really get the crowd going either...

That's a shame. I've never actually seen them, but I'd heard they were quite good live.

Where was Lilyworld? I couldn't find it at all :LOL:

It is hard to find! It's on the opposite site of the Boiler Room from the Green/Essential stages - sort of up a bit of a slope, just past a bunch of food stalls. Right next to where they give out the drinking-age armband things.

If anyone's really bored, check this out. It's pretty entertaining.

Go to Google Maps, then go Get Directions, then ask for directions from USA to Japan. Have a read of the directions, then react in whatever way you consider appropriate.

That's a shame. I've never actually seen them, but I'd heard they were quite good live.

It is hard to find! It's on the opposite site of the Boiler Room from the Green/Essential stages - sort of up a bit of a slope, just past a bunch of food stalls. Right next to where they give out the drinking-age armband things.

They probably aren't too bad, but a) I was in front of the blue stage, not orange and b) I don't like their style of music. Even the crowd in front of the orange stage didn't seem too lively for them. I remember meeting a girl during Kora though :yesey:

I see... I never went up that side, I don't think. For all I know, I could've walked straight past it and not known :LOL: that room next to Silent Disco (that white dome thing) really confused me... I could not figure out the purpose of it :wtf:

I remember it was meant to pour down at the BDO last year. All it did was lightly drizzle during Lily Allen, and that was it :p

True, but I'll at least take a poncho just in case :chuckle:

Still haven't decided whether to go early to beat the long queues and just watch random bands or go a little later and wait though potentially long queues. Saying it like that makes me lean towards going early...

If anyone's really bored, check this out. It's pretty entertaining.

Go to Google Maps, then go Get Directions, then ask for directions from USA to Japan. Have a read of the directions, then react in whatever way you consider appropriate.

I think I saw that in the random picture thread. Can't remember exactly what it was but it was funny.

Fuck yes, Tool tomorow! My sister saw them in 2007, she said they were amazing live, very excited to say the least.

Awesome! :)

I'm not really a Tool fan. But I might see a bit of their set. I'm definitely gonna see Rammstein. :chuckle:

Anyone know much about Jim Jones Revue? Sounded interesting from the article about them in the paper this morning. Might check them out.

So, BDO-goers, how's your day looking?

Mine:

12:30-1:10 - The Greenhornes

1:10-1:55 - possibly Jim Jones Revue

1:55-2:45 - :erm:

2:45-3:30 - CSS

3:30-4:05 - Kody and Bic

4:20-5:10 - Wolfmother

5:10-7:10 - quest for the barrier

7:10-8:00 - TNAF :awesome:

8:00-9:00 - Rammstein

9:00-9:45 - Primal Scream

9:45-10:30 - The Phoenix Foundation

10:30 - Grinderman/MIA/home (have to be up for a 9am flight to Wellington on Saturday, so I have to say I'm leaning towards the latter. Might try to see some of one or both of those acts, though)

Hmm, think mine might go like this:

11.00 Harry the Bastard just from the name, if I dont't like them maybe I'll move to Knives At Noon

12.30 The Greenhornes from Richard's recommendation

2.45/3.00 Just noticed the clash between CSS and Grayson Gilmour yesterday, so I'll try get a bit of both

4.00 Surf City- see if their performance has improved since seeing them support Interpol

4.20 Wolfmother

6.30 Bloody Beetroots just because they sound weird or might just go get a good spot for following

7.10 TNAF

8.00 Maybe some Rammstein

8.30 LCD Soundsystem

9.15/9.30 get a good spot at the Green stage

9.45 The Phoenix Foundation

10.30 Grinderman :D

Well, my sequence of BDOs without a rainy one had to end some time. It ended pretty spectacularly today!

But it was awesome. My three highlights:

1. The Naked and Famous - not surprising. I'm quite predictable. But they were awesome in what was probably their biggest gig to date in terms of crowd size. They sounded fantastic. The setlist was better than I expected. And they've improved so much in their interaction with the audience.

2. Jim Jones Revue - it took about 10 seconds of the first song for my face to resemble :awesome:. Amazing, energetic stage presence, and a simply awesome sound. Very 1950s rock 'n' roll. Impossible not to dance to it, really.

3. Rammstein - :LOL:. I went for a closer look after you went to LCD Soundsystem, Michelle. They were hilariously awesome. Loads of fireworks, lasers and stuff. At one point, the bassist and guitarist had flamethrowers in their mouths. :LOL: Du Hast had probably the biggest mosh pit I've ever seen - basically the whole field was jumping!

But I also really enjoyed Wolfmother, CSS, The Phoenix Foundation and The Greenhornes. It was almost a perfect BDO, apart from the rain.

I can not believe what i witnessed for Rammstein. I cant believe they put their keyboardist in a pot and cooked him!

Did anyone see Iggy pop? Dont think i will ever see another 63 yearold dance round the stage like that, and getting 20 people up on stage with him was very win.