Do you want to have our very own 'Guitar Hero MUSE'?  

434 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to have our very own 'Guitar Hero MUSE'?

I'm glad Guitar Hero's dead, because now I know for sure there won't be a Guitar Hero: Muse that would probably contain very few songs from Muse and a selection of songs from other bands.

Rock Band Muse on the other hand...

I agree with Rock Band Muse. But, unfortunately, I heard Harmonix is going out of business too. :stunned:

But if I'm wrong, then I would love a Rock Band Muse. Now all their songs on piano would work, since they have piano now. ;)

I agree with Rock Band Muse. But, unfortunately, I heard Harmonix is going out of business too. :stunned:

But if I'm wrong, then I would love a Rock Band Muse. Now all their songs on piano would work, since they have piano now. ;)

You heard wrong.

Harmonix is fine. They were sold by Viacom because Viacom wanted to get out of the video game industry because it wasn't raking in the money fast enough like they thought it would.

Harmonix was bought by an investment firm called Columbus Nova, and are now independent developers again.

Rock Band isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Plus, Harmonix has Dance Central which is one of the hottest games for Microsoft's Kinect.

Now to be on topic, I think a Muse: Rock Band would be amazing. Harmonix has a brilliant art team. Just look at what they did for The Beatles and Green Day. In the Green Day game, they actually used the real background visuals from the 21st Century Breakdown tour in the game's background.

I'm glad Guitar Hero's dead, because now I know for sure there won't be a Guitar Hero: Muse that would probably contain very few songs from Muse and a selection of songs from other bands.

Rock Band Muse on the other hand...

Harmonix barely seems to respect Muse at all. Guitar Hero however seemed to love them.

Harmonix barely seems to respect Muse at all. Guitar Hero however seemed to love them.

I think that's more to do with Warner Music Group than the game companies.

Harmonix and WMG had a falling out a couple years ago, but have since mended fences. It is speculated that it had to do with WMG's President wanting more money for video game licenses than other music licenses due to the labels not receiving enough of a profit.

The reason Guitar Hero got so much Muse is likely due to Activision willing to pay WMG's high fees (at the time). If you really look at what bands have been licensed to Guitar Hero, you'll find the majority of them are part of WMG.

That all said, as mentioned before Harmonix and WMG have mended fences, and there has been a higher concentration of WMG bands released for Rock Band.

Honestly, with Rock Band having a keyboard and a real guitar, I think Muse's material would kick ass. Origin Of Symmetry and Absolution would be insane to play.

• 5 months later...

Well Rock Band only has ONE Muse song available on the games right now; Hysteria (which I heard is a bitch to play). And that is only available for download. HOWEVER, I think that may be subject to change.

My ideas:

---Incorporate songs from every album; like making one great big Greatest Hits album.

---Of course; put Matt, Dom, and Chris in there, but there would have to be one more character for when piano gets added in. Otherwise it would get pretty awkward.

---Put various past venues onto the game; whichever one appears next is at random.

---Make additional Muse songs available for download; in case you should want more.

---Have a cheat for:

Spider Dom

Captain America Chris

WonderMatt

:LOL:

Well Rock Band only has ONE Muse song available on the games right now; Hysteria (which I heard is a bitch to play). And that is only available for download. HOWEVER, I think that may be subject to change.

My ideas:

---Incorporate songs from every album; like making one great big Greatest Hits album.

---Of course; put Matt, Dom, and Chris in there, but there would have to be one more character for when piano gets added in. Otherwise it would get pretty awkward.

---Put various past venues onto the game; whichever one appears next is at random.

---Make additional Muse songs available for download; in case you should want more.

---Have a cheat for:

Spider Dom

Captain America Chris

WonderMatt

:LOL:

Are you jesus? Cause you raised this thread from the dead, where it belongs.

It'll change when Harmonix starts caring for Muse fans. Yeah its mostly warner that won't go to Rock Band, but they don't have to laugh about how we don't have any more Muse. Even as a joke, it was rather annoying...

It would be a bit risky but i would love Harmonix forever if they were to bring it out.

The entertainment value would be out of this world but even though Muse are one of the world's biggest bands right now, they still aren't as big as The Beatles, Metallica and Aerosmith.

End of the day, i'd love it and would definitely buy it but i don't see it happening. However, there should at least be some more DLC for Rock Band.

It would be a bit risky but i would love Harmonix forever if they were to bring it out.

The entertainment value would be out of this world but even though Muse are one of the world's biggest bands right now, they still aren't as big as The Beatles, Metallica and Aerosmith.

End of the day, i'd love it and would definitely buy it but i don't see it happening. However, there should at least be some more DLC for Rock Band.

+1. I would love it as well, and Harmonix would make a lot of money from it imo. I at least want them to release a full album of Muse on DLC for Rock Band, but that might not happen, so at least 4 more songs or so. On a side note, in GH 5 people are able to "write" their own music and post it online for free download. So people have already done songs like Uprising, TiRO, etc. basically hits, and they're all pretty accurate too. The only bad thing is there's no vocals.

Archived