Do you want to have our very own 'Guitar Hero MUSE'?  

434 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to have our very own 'Guitar Hero MUSE'?

I just thought of another reason why Muse should have a Rock Band game.

Unlockable Content!

The RB band games (The Beatles and Green Day) have unlockable content like photos, video and audio.

In The Beatles: Rock Band, you got to unlock audio of The Beatles' Fan Club X-mas record, video of the Shea Stadium concert, photos of the band throughout their career, etc.

In the upcoming Green Day: Rock Band, there will be unlockable stuff like rare photos and video.

IF Muse went the Rock Band route, there could be some really neat stuff on the disc (besides the playable songs).

I totally agree! If other artists are on RB and have unlockable content, then so should Muse. If this could happen for Muse then it would allow more people to really appreciate the music!

• 3 weeks later...

Well, they can include in the GHMuse songs that the guitar has a main role. Or also they can create a device that we can play like a piano. Muse is my favourite band and my favourite music style, but I really think that they aren't so popular like The Beatles, Metallica or Aerosmith.:( In my class, everybody known The beatles, but some 4 or 5 known Muse.:(

If a Guitar Hero Muse will exist, my life will change definitly.:eek:

I've thought this for ages. I've played a mate's Guitar Hero maybe once or twice, and I'm even not that much of a gamer. But a Guitar Hero Muse would be epic.

The story mode could be "through the ages"... playing Overdue at Reading University, through Showbiz at Hullabaloo, TiRO at Glasto 2004, Knights at HAARP, and Uprising at Wembley 2010, along with tons of other songs, of course.

You could choose outfits and guitars... Chris' various Jazz Basses, and all of Matt's Mansons, along with the "classic" Muse axes as bonuses - that cruddy looking yellow LP Doublecut, or the SG, or the Aloha Strat.

Outfits. Spiderdom, Christmas Matteh (from Uprising at TOTP), Captain America (Chris), various other bits and bobs.

T'would be brilliant.

• 2 months later...
I was really hoping that Guitar Hero and MUSE would collaborate to come out with their own 'Guitar Hero MUSE'. Other bands have already have theirs such as Metallica, Aerosmith and The Beatles coming in soon. So, I've decided to have this poll to let all MUSE fans out there vote for this thread. Thanx. We love MUSE!

I had a thought about this the other day. They could use the live dvds for background stuff and just put the guitar hero runway thingy over the top. would be amazing. :)

I was really hoping that Guitar Hero and MUSE would collaborate to come out with their own 'Guitar Hero MUSE'. Other bands have already have theirs such as Metallica, Aerosmith and The Beatles coming in soon. So, I've decided to have this poll to let all MUSE fans out there vote for this thread. Thanx. We love MUSE!

i would love a Muse Guitar Hero!! I'm soooooo tired of playing my brothers Guitar Hero Aerosmith and Metallica.

Assassin is on one of the Guitar Hero games but that's not enough!

We want a guitar hero JUST for Muse :musesign:

• 3 weeks later...

I would love MADLY to have a GH or RB Muse, only them... if Green Day can have it (which was, to my own opinion, not a good marketing idea), why Muse can't?

Well, I read somewhere on the internet few weeks ago that Matthew gave an interview on BBC and spoke during 30 min about his experience with Activision for his own in-game character in GH5. Good news is: he LOVED it! And now would like to extend the idea of making in-games character for the rest of the band. He also added that he would LOVE making a GH Muse (he spoke about GH as he worked closely on GH5 for his own character).

It doesn't look bad, isn't it? Now, Activision has a way to make big money! When you know Muse sell their album for something like million CD's over the world, played from the US to Asia, including of course the whole Europe, they have enough fans to make this GH or RB Muse a good marketing stuff.

One more info, that might be interesting as well: Activision has created several Muse packs, including A LOT of the band's songs. If most of the biggest success of Muse are already available on Activision, making a GH Muse could make sense...

Now, let's hope! ;-)

if activision came out with a MUSE guitar hero i wouldnt leave my house for weeks. you can join the facebook group here. :D

edit; i see a few people have already linked the facebook group, whatevaaa.

Oh me too!!! I already locked myself in when I bought Rock Band: The Beatles, Muse... I think I would need to take days off to play until I can't see it anymore! lol

Nearly out of topic for a minute: when searching for more information about Muse GH or RB, I saw Rock Band is working on a Rock Band: The Who. It could be good as well, but I hope they will work on a special Muse after this one! On the forum of rockband.com, the administrator posted a special topic about "who would you love to see for a special rockband?". They were clear about one thing: THIS DOESN'T MEAN THEY WILL BASE THEIR NEW ONE ON A SURVEY, but still... it gives ideas. Quite a lot of people requested a special Muse, but the big winnars of this survey were Iron Maiden, Queen and U2. Quite a lot of requests as well for Pink Floyd and The Eagles. This is disappointing! Muse should be the BEST for the next Rock Band!

Activision needs to release a great special Guitar Hero and soon: Aerosmith and Van Halen were 2 bad marketing decisions and it didn't work out as it should. Metallica was a succes, I heard. That's why they are working on a commercial group now: Red Hot Chili Peppers (they are still checking if this is worth a GH Red Hot, then don't get carried away!). Anyway, a GH Muse, to get back to the topic, would be a good marketing decision. Muse has more than enough fans around the world and they have enough good rock songs to make a whole game. And I know a lot of people here in Belgium who would even buy a PS3 or Xbox or whatever ONLY for a GH/RB Muse!

Let's hope they will finally decide to create one, Activision or (better) Harmonix! ;-)

Not to keep being "that guy", but Muse: Rock Band would be better.

Reasoning:

#1) Better graphics/character animations. Seriously, compare Rock Band's Beatles and Green Day avatars to the real life counterparts. For being "cartoons" they actually look like the band and have a personality. Now, look at Guitar Hero's avatars based on real people. Metallica looks like crap, Aerosmith looks terrible and our beloved Matt Bellamy looks like a zeta.

#2) Rock Band 3 will introduce playable keyboard. Now, think, what good would it do to release songs like "New Born", "Butterflies & Hurricanes", "Space Dementia", etc., etc. to Guitar Hero when you can't play the keyboard part. This is where Rock Band would be a better choice. Not only can you play the keys, but if you have like a Casio keyboard or something, you can use an adapter to hook it up to your 360 or PS3. Now, imagine choosing "New Born", putting it on the new Pro mode and actually learning the actual keyboard intro.

#3) Pro mode. In Rock Band 3, the makers of the game are adding Pro mode. This will "teach" you, through interactivity, the parts of a song. They will have this mode for drums, guitar, bass and keyboards. Imagine being able to learn how to play "Stockholm Syndrome" on a real guitar.

#4) Harmonies. Rock Band has playable harmonies. So, if you want to get a group of your Muser friends over to your place, you can all sing along.

So, the point I'm trying to make is that while Guitar Hero may have more name recognition, Muse's music would be better served on Rock Band, and there would be more to experience if the songs were presented to their fullest capacity.

(Also, not many people are aware of this, but the makers of the Rock Band series made Guitar Hero and Guitar Hero II. Activision bought the "Guitar Hero" franchise, took it out of the hands of the people who initially created it and gave it to another developer to work on.)

I agree that Rockband MUSE would be better than a guitar hero version, even if my own preferences are more towards guitar hero,

As oposed to some other comments about, if Green Day have their own game surely Muse can...You have to remember that muse's total record sales is looking around 12million, compared to Green Days 65+ million. Whether or not you like Green Day or other bands that have received their own games, these companies aren't daft and know where there money is best placed..

Anyway, i can see a Muse game being announced in the not too distant future, would be pretty amazing :D

P.S. Guitar Hero 6 setlist has been partly released, which includes Uprising, so atleast we shall have another song to play :)

I would rather have a Muse Guitar Hero than a Muse Rockband because I already have 2 guitar hero guitars, so I could just buy the game. If it was a Muse Rockband then I'd have to buy 2 Rockband Guitars and some drums. Which would cost too much!

I hope that made sense :chuckle:

You wouldn't, guitars/drums/mics are all useable on all guitar hero and rockband games, although, if this new RB3 keytar idea is true, then that will be an extra purchase for all (but im guessing normal guitars would still work)

You wouldn't' date=' guitars/drums/mics are all useable on all guitar hero and rockband games, although, if this new RB3 keytar idea is true, then that will be an extra purchase for all (but im guessing normal guitars would still work)[/quote']

It's true!

Here's what the keyboard looks like:

Keys_02-noscale.jpg

Great! Haven't been able to find the website with that picture on for a while :D

Did you also find a photo with what the notes looked like? RB say it will be by far the most complex instrument to master, and is also the most lifelike :D

Great! Haven't been able to find the website with that picture on for a while :D

Did you also find a photo with what the notes looked like? RB say it will be by far the most complex instrument to master, and is also the most lifelike :D

Yeah, there's a few screenshots floating around out there showing Pro Keyboard mode:

rb3_screen_111%20Embargoed%20until%20June%2011-noscale.jpg

rb3_screen_wlogo1-noscale.jpg

rb3_screen_wlogo13-noscale.jpg

rb3_screen_wlogo15(2)-noscale.jpg

rb3_screen_wlogo17-noscale.jpg

The neat thing about the keys peripheral is that not only can it be used to play piano parts, it can also be used to play synth parts. Imagine playing "Bliss" or "Take A Bow"! :eek:

Yeah, there's a few screenshots floating around out there showing Pro Keyboard mode:

rb3_screen_111%20Embargoed%20until%20June%2011-noscale.jpg

rb3_screen_wlogo1-noscale.jpg

rb3_screen_wlogo13-noscale.jpg

rb3_screen_wlogo15(2)-noscale.jpg

rb3_screen_wlogo17-noscale.jpg

The neat thing about the keys peripheral is that not only can it be used to play piano parts, it can also be used to play synth parts. Imagine playing "Bliss" or "Take A Bow"! :eek:

Wow. I REALLY want a Rock Band: Muse now!

Wow. I REALLY want a Rock Band: Muse now!

Yeah.

I honestly think Muse's music would be better served by the game with a keyboard controller and that can teach you, through gameplay, how to play the actual song.

Also, here's a quote from a Guitar Hero developer that illustrates why Guitar Hero: Muse would be a bad idea:

Like maybe with the Aerosmith game, there were a few too many Aerosmith songs. It's still awesome, but that's a lot of Aerosmith. Metallica had a better balance of Metallica versus opening band's songs.

Yes...20 songs out of 45 is "too many" songs in a game dedicated to THE FEATURED BAND!

You all really want incompetent fools like that making a Muse game?

*source of the quote*

• 1 month later...

i would love for a MUSE rockband or GH. It would be very challenging. I mean insane bass riffs ( Hysteria) Amazing drumming ( stockholm) and great guitar riffs (where do we start). I don't think there is a problem with the popularity of muse, i mean they comfortably sell out the biggest stadium in the uk, aswell as many european arenas. it would be amazing if it ever did happen.

Uprising is going to be on the new guitar hero, warriors of rock!

Archived