MuseCast Series 2 Episode 4

Popey

Great to listen to that, thanks!:)

One tip though - the volume is fluctuating quite a bit (on a ~ second timescale), so you may want to use some compression on the final track. But I'm sure you're aware of that;)

Hardly, I'm a royal n00b to the specifics of audio editing. The volume I tried to even out but I didn't want to sacrifice too much of the quality, particularly in episode 2 where we had really big differences in the volume levels. I'll start getting more nazi with people though if that helps :LOL:

Hardly, I'm a royal n00b to the specifics of audio editing. The volume I tried to even out but I didn't want to sacrifice too much of the quality, particularly in episode 2 where we had really big differences in the volume levels. I'll start getting more nazi with people though if that helps :LOL:

Ah:)

That'll do. But if you want the sound quality edited, you can always send a wav or mp3 of the episodes to me if you like, and I'll make the soundscape somewhat friendlier to listen to. (I figure there are many people on this board who could do that)

Just let me know if you need it:)

I might do if there's a big response but I'm not sure it's worth it because of the bad, BAD quality. :LOL:

Nah, they weren't bad. I had them on my other iTunes (I switched to the iTunes on my laptop after I got a laptop) and I'd really like them on this one.

I'll be listening to 2 and 3 now, I totally missed their release. :LOL:

I think it sounds good, although I see what you mean about the difference in sound. With us not being together (or in the same country for some) it's difficult to get it exactly right.

Well done Pope though, esp for the editing in Episode 2.

Hai guys, just listened to MuseCasts number 2 and 3, review:

Well, I'm not gonna comment on the first part (which was all negative for me because I missed it), but I really enjoyed the episode in general, great discussions. :happy: I'm wondering why there was six minutes of silence at the end?

I quite liked the discussion of Uprising, very interesting to see that everyone's excited and I'm nervous - with USoE everyone was opposite. :LOL: You might have converted me to excitement though, it does sound like it'll be an interesting track.

Great job! More please. :happy:

Well, I'm not gonna comment on the first part (which was all negative for me because I missed it), but I really enjoyed the episode in general, great discussions. :happy: I'm wondering why there was six minutes of silence at the end?

I quite liked the discussion of Uprising, very interesting to see that everyone's excited and I'm nervous - with USoE everyone was opposite. :LOL: You might have converted me to excitement though, it does sound like it'll be an interesting track.

Number 2 should have had USoE and Collator Damage at the end. Hmm. I'm glad you enjoyed it though.

Very impressed. The Uprising episode is better in terms of sound/volume :) I really want to get involved with this - did you get my reply PM from a few weeks ago, Pope?

I just love all the spaffing about Uprising, it makes me go :happy:

The comment about Muse fans indescribably knowing the Muse slant :yesey:

I do think Uprising is even sexier than SBH, when that's possibly the most sexy song.

The return of spacey synths is <3 too...

EDIT: I am very pleased with the range and maturity of the serious discussions on here. It is clear that the commentators are approaching everything objectively and with a clear head, but without losing that excited spark of being a Muse fan :D very well done indeed. No wonder people want you to help out with the VMA thing!

It did, there was six minutes of silence after that.

There was? Hmm. Pope should see this comment, so he can respond! lol.

Very impressed. The Uprising episode is better in terms of sound/volume :) I really want to get involved with this - did you get my reply PM from a few weeks ago, Pope?

I just love all the spaffing about Uprising, it makes me go :happy:

The comment about Muse fans indescribably knowing the Muse slant :yesey:

I do think Uprising is even sexier than SBH, when that's possibly the most sexy song.

The return of spacey synths is <3 too...

EDIT: I am very pleased with the range and maturity of the serious discussions on here. It is clear that the commentators are approaching everything objectively and with a clear head, but without losing that excited spark of being a Muse fan :D very well done indeed. No wonder people want you to help out with the VMA thing!

With regards to spaffing, if we had recorded the minutes that followed after the clip...yeah...there was slight fan boy/girl mode in operation. lol.

I'm sure we are all pretty happy about the good reviews, I am. :happy:

Thanks.

Which version was it you were listening to? MP3 or M4A?

I was at the gym earlier tonight and realized I had the first 3 episodes on my ipod and hadn't listened yet. So I did, and that made the time go by alot faster. Very entertaining, and looking forward to hearing the new one. :awesome:

That's a great review, thanks :D

Archived