Do You Like United States of Eurasia?  

873 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Like United States of Eurasia?

• Love It
    • Neither Love Nor Hate
    • Hate It

Sorry, what? B-sides? Is The Resistance not a regular album release? Have I missed something here??

As in there are 11 tracks on the album, plus how ever many b-sides tharer are going to be.

Muse b-sides tend to be as good as album tracks.

As in there are 11 tracks on the album, plus how ever many b-sides tharer are going to be.

Muse b-sides tend to be as good as album tracks.

Ah, cheers; I just interpretted what he said the wrong way.

I read "11 +" as "more than eleven". In context, you can see how that might have been confusing... My bad!

Okay so I am very torn on this song. I was really loving the firsts bits (part 1 and 2). Part 3 started to get interesting for me, but wasn't yet sure what to make of it until I heard the complete song. Parts 4 and 5 were the same, but I started to get worried about the lyrics in part 5. Just heard part six and..well, that's where I've been torn.

I really dig the music, the sounds, and the way the piano and the bass work together in the song. The lyrics on the other hand are almost a song killer. Absolutely lame and as others have said, cringe worthy.

I understand that some "camp" and "over the top" is good, but as someone mentioned in an above thread, it should sound good and be funny in a good way, not in an embarrasing way.

I love going to the local bar where they have an internet-connected jukebox and loading it up with Muse songs. I seriously doubt I'll want to play this out.

With all this said, it could grow on me. Who knows. I hated a couple songs off of BH&R which later turned around and I ended up quite enjoying them. I hope in the context of the full album this song works, but on its own, it's just ...meh. Maybe a live version will change my mind. :)

maybe muse is trying to get rid of all those twlight fans....

This song will appeal to those people.

I think its also interesting to look at the joining dates of people who like this song and of those who don't- those who remember the heady days of stockholm- real rock songs.

Its amazing how the vast minority are always the loudest. WALL OF TEXT

All the little comments of "it's brilliant" just get lost. :supersad:

....it's brilliant, btw.

This song will appeal to those people.

I think its also interesting to look at the joining dates of people who like this song and of those who don't- those who remember the heady days of stockholm- real rock songs.

I've been a fan for over 9 years and I love it, innit.

Its amazing how the vast minority are always the loudest. WALL OF TEXT

Amazing how rabid fanboys attack at the slightest criticism of their untouchable golden band. . Sorry that some people enjoy thinking out their opinions over something like "OMG THIS IS SO AWESOME IM IN TEARS AT HOW AMAZING THIS IS OMGOMGOMG"

With all this said, it could grow on me. Who knows. I hated a couple songs off of BH&R which later turned around and I ended up quite enjoying them. I hope in the context of the full album this song works, but on its own, it's just ...meh. Maybe a live version will change my mind. :)

Maybe I should have expressed my views like this- less militant tones.

Does this address your objections?

I agree with much of what you've said, and as a Muse fan from the very beginning, I've also followed with interest the fluctuations between their more introvert material (such as Microcuts, being a good example you've mentioned), to more mainstream offerings like Starlight and TIRO. Personally, there's been little of their material I haven't loved, and I particularly enjoy the way they can switch between tracks have an anthemic quality for sing-alongs at festivals, and their more experimental stuff, that is less-obviously accessible.

I'd class USoE somewhere between the two camps. There are aspects of it that people will recognise and draw comparisons to, the Queen one being the most obvious, and those will lead it to be considered more of a pop song than something like Ruled by Secrecy, say. However it is still a long way off what I'd consider a conventional arrangement, and it's still thoroughly Muse, which for me means a sound that no other band around is capable of imitating.

Lastly, I do know The Black Parade well, but it still doesn't carry any comparison for me. I actually think it's a good pop song, even though I haven't got a lot of time for MCR, but regardless, I see Muse's sound and theirs worlds apart. Anywho, genuinely thanks for taking the trouble to explain your point of view, even if we'll agree to disagree.

I agree with much of what you've said, and as a Muse fan from the very beginning, I've also followed with interest the fluctuations between their more introvert material (such as Microcuts, being a good example you've mentioned), to more mainstream offerings like Starlight and TIRO. Personally, there's been little of their material I haven't loved, and I particularly enjoy the way they can switch between tracks have an anthemic quality for sing-alongs at festivals, and their more experimental stuff, that is less-obviously accessible.

I'd class USoE somewhere between the two camps. There are aspects of it that people will recognise and draw comparisons to, the Queen one being the most obvious, and those will lead it to be considered more of a pop song than something like Ruled by Secrecy, say. However it is still a long way off what I'd consider a conventional arrangement, and it's still thoroughly Muse, which for me means a sound that no other band around is capable of imitating.

Hopefully the other songs will be enough to satisfy everyone's needs :D

Fair enough, but the people who get offended by other views without understanding that Muse were a band before Invincible etc are annoying.

I do agree with that to some extent, a lot of people in here to be getting wound up by opinions that are contrary to their own. Which is silly.

Fair enough, but the people who get offended by other views without understanding that Muse were a band before Invincible etc are annoying.

Yah, it's pretty sad when you try to have an honest debate between two differing opinions that burn down into an "internet lingo dismissal". I am still jumping in my seat waiting for the new album to be released. This new song does nothing to damper my excitement because I am sure there will be 10 other tracks of awesomeness to come.

Amazing how rabid fanboys attack at the slightest criticism of their untouchable golden band. . Sorry that some people enjoy thinking out their opinions over something like "OMG THIS IS SO AWESOME IM IN TEARS AT HOW AMAZING THIS IS OMGOMGOMG"

I've already explained why comments like yours are illogical. Its not because you don't like the song. Its because people try to justify their comments objectively instead of realising that everyones opinion is as right as everyone elses.

I've already explained why comments like yours are illogical. Its not because you don't like the song. Its because people try to justify their comments objectively instead of realising that everyones opinion is as right as everyone elses.

I don't believe I've ever made comment to another persons opinion that I don't agree with. If you love the song, that's awesome. I'm glad you do. I don't, and I find it disappointing when people dismiss someone's opinion with something stupid like "WALL OF TEXT". That's all.

People can still justify their opinions whilst still conceding that other people still have the right to their own.

I don't believe I've ever made comment to another persons opinion that I don't agree with. If you love the song, that's awesome. I'm glad you do. I don't, and I find it disappointing when people dismiss someone's opinion with something stupid like "WALL OF TEXT". That's all.

In fairness, you posted a large amount of text in a messageboard. You must be trying to convince someone.

If you don't like it just say so; you don't see me trying to convince everyone else why its good.

I just listened to it for the first time.

And the ending definitely made me giggle. It sounded way too silly.

But then i listened to it again. And i love it. :happy:

Im sure everyone had the same reaction when they first listened to it, but the thing is, if everyone dismissed a song just because the first time they heard wasn't appealing... then no one would really like muse. imho.

Archived