To sticky: (unsticky anything else)

Notation Requests - Bass Tabs, Guitar Tabs, Sheet Music

Recommended gear/gear reviews - Bass, Guitar, Drums, Others

Muse's Gear/FAQ

To create as main threads, and a mod merge other threads into these when appropriate but no need for stickying...

What order should I put my fx in?

Plug your band and mp3 (myspace and random projects etc)

Gigs (dates, and stories)

Pics of you playing live

Pics of your gear

Recent purchases

Selling

Recording Set-up

Recording/Mixing Techniques

General Luthiery Thread

Electonics Thread

i like the sound of this, seems quite concise

just something I noticed.. how come PMT get's 2(!!!) threads they can banter in outside the banter thread? PMT = Banter, and their loveboat is too! (not mentioning the younger musers, the female musers, the dom lovers, the chris lovers... wait aren't they usually the same people?)

K&T banter back plx? Or can we make a Kit and Tab loveboat?

ok, started work on the new faq. I've the 20 most popular threads covered, search etc. I'll do more tomorrow, but i'm warped now, so i'm not doing any more.

edit:

discussed the banter suggestion. It's a no. The same points stand about the banter getting WAY out of hand with shite like "if you whammy my whammy, i'll whammy whammy's whammy" is justification enough for not allowing one. But, as has been said numerous times, if in a thread, discussion breaks into normal chit chat, the mods aren't going to go mad unless it turns to utter shite/trolling/etc.

discussed the banter suggestion. It's a no. The same points stand about the banter getting WAY out of hand with shite like "if you whammy my whammy, i'll whammy whammy's whammy" is justification enough for not allowing one. But, as has been said numerous times, if in a thread, discussion breaks into normal chit chat, the mods aren't going to go mad unless it turns to utter shite/trolling/etc.

this is what i dont get. if its a banter thread, does it really matter what is said unless people find it offensive? i was under the impression that the banter-style threads around here were created with the intention of drawing all the pointless crap away from the 'normal' threads.

i can appreciate that you guys have a difficult job here, what with most knt-ers being utter cunts (:awesome:), and youre doing that job pretty well.. but this is one thing which has really reflected poorly on all of the mod/admin staff, and the rationality with which theyve approached knt

/$0.02

this is what i dont get. if its a banter thread, does it really matter what is said unless people find it offensive? i was under the impression that the banter-style threads around here were created with the intention of drawing all the pointless crap away from the 'normal' threads.

EXACTLY!!!!

But then you get posts like this ruining it all.

if you whammy my whammy, i'll whammy whammy's whammy

:LOL: good effort tom. ;)

if you're looking to deliberately wreck eachother's heads with dodgy insults, go to banter. you wont find a banter thread in the likes of Gaming, IT, current affairs, art, media etc because as the mods said before, they don't belong there. Look, i'm not arguing about this anymore. You've been given reasons as to why there won't be a knt banter so many times now. Seriously, if you want to banter, go here

Look, i'm not arguing about this anymore. You've been given reasons as to why there won't be a knt banter so many times now.

I can see the point, there is a whole banter section, so banter should stay in there. Fair enough. On the other hand, I can see the point that this area is unnecessarily cluttered by the nature of it's posters. The banter thread did tend to take the heat off the "on topic" threads. So, you have to weight up each good point, and see what's the best solution. A good way of going about this would be to consult the people involved, IE the KnT regulars. This was done a good long time ago, and no action was taken.

If the suggestions made in the thread concerned were implimented while the banter thread existed, we would never have lost the banter thread, and we would not be having this debate.

I think you would do better to acknowledge and engage with the debate, rather than trying to use strong language in a vain attempt to put an end to the matter.

edit:

So a decision made on the basis of a handful of people, a couple of each have been banned?

I thought the whole point of clamping down on this area was to stop threads deviating so no one can find any useful information? Even normal chit chat does that.

Why not give us a chance first rather than tarnish everyone with the same brush?

Because you were given numerous chances.

1. What's all this fucking "you" business? You were here too.

2. The general query threads that pop up all the time only developed into banter very occasionally while the banter thread was here. With more adequate moderating (as has been happening since they modded you) this would not happen.

I can't see the harm in trying a Musician's Banter thread in Banter with the trolls gone.

That's an excellent idea.

As far as I know, you can create whatever thread you like in the banter section. However, one was set up following KnT banter's deletion, and it was almost immediately closed. Does that mean we're not allowed a KnT Banter thread within the Banter section?

That just seems unreasonable.

Just want to say this then I'll shut up -

To be fair, MOST of the people who were causing thread derailment/spam/flaming/whammy/etc have been banned (permanently too).

That's about..two or three people. Not all, but I've been paying attention and all that nonsense has pretty much stopped since they were banned.

I do know *cough*notnaminganynames... Er, one person you should keep your eye on, as I've noticed a lot of off topic spam from them.

Just my opinion.

Guest bshuker
Have they offered any justification for that?

They said that they don't allow 'groups' to form their own threads within banter, yet as we argued before there are lots of groups in banter already, like the girly threads and the 'older' muser, 'younger' musers and lots of other things, but they wouldn't have it.

They said that they don't allow 'groups' to form their own threads within banter, yet as we argued before there are lots of groups in banter already, like the girly threads and the 'older' muser, 'younger' musers and lots of other things, but they wouldn't have it.

It doesn't make sense!

the point of not allowing a k&t banter in the banter forum is that it's basically a duplication of the role the existing banter thread serves but for a select body of users. really the situation of a select body of users would be served best with the social groups option, that is a viable solution to what i think are your needs, but i know it's a pretty shitty one given it's so hidden away.

if the discussion you want is musician specific then what aspect of it isn't covered in this forum already? are there threads that could be made can the things k&t banter catered for musically be split up? that would be a better approach to a single thread as it would ease finding things and help direct people a bit.

i know it's pretty lame that you've got restrictions here that might seem out of whack with the rest of the forum, unlike the other areas though the spam/memes/etc of the banter thread spread into the other threads here which made the effect of that thread affect this whole forum. its not meant to be unnecessarily harsh but it is meant to be strict as means to really try fix some of the longer rooted problems of this forum, things do seem to be improving and i'm sure with time strictness will decline as things improve.

all banter threads are a problem for us, i dont have a good solution yet (social groups would have been it if they werent so hidden) but hopefully over the course of this year we'll have better ways to handle them to meet more peoples needs

the point of not allowing a k&t banter in the banter forum is that it's basically a duplication of the role the existing banter thread serves but for a select body of users. really the situation of a select body of users would be served best with the social groups option, that is a viable solution to what i think are your needs, but i know it's a pretty shitty one given it's so hidden away.

if the discussion you want is musician specific then what aspect of it isn't covered in this forum already? are there threads that could be made can the things k&t banter catered for musically be split up? that would be a better approach to a single thread as it would ease finding things and help direct people a bit.

We could create a new thread everytime a new peice of gear comes out, or everytime someone finds a new youtube video that musically impressive, and a seperate thread for hilarious (but music related) you tube videos etc etc. It's just going to make the forum as messy as it was before the banter thread IMO.

i know it's pretty lame that you've got restrictions here that might seem out of whack with the rest of the forum, unlike the other areas though the spam/memes/etc of the banter thread spread into the other threads here which made the effect of that thread affect this whole forum. its not meant to be unnecessarily harsh but it is meant to be strict as means to really try fix some of the longer rooted problems of this forum, things do seem to be improving and i'm sure with time strictness will decline as things improve.

all banter threads are a problem for us, i dont have a good solution yet (social groups would have been it if they werent so hidden) but hopefully over the course of this year we'll have better ways to handle them to meet more peoples needs

We can all appreciate that, it's a difficult task, and I don't think it's going particularly badly.

Archived