Ah well that was pretty good. Muse gig like, so quality, though of course I predicted every song.

Plus I met Seregon, Dawnthief and my fellow Irish Lite hipbones. :happy:

Edit: US was best song of the night by far. I got pushed forward quite a bit for that one. :D

(I also found it bizarre that the pre-gig mixtape contained at least three Bjork songs. :LOL: One from Vespertine that I couldn't remember, it might have been Aurora, and Immature and Alarm Call.)

a seriously short video I took during Unnatural Selection...I think Matt looks cool in it. :LOL:

Some photos up here. :happy:

:pope::eek::eek: The vid is amazing... is that in the interlude... in the slow part? or is at the begining? I can't recognize... there's a noise crowd.

Nice vid btw :D

Throwing in my 2cents here.

Setlist was predictable, sure. But they've nailed the songs so well. Usoe and US are phenomenal! Until you hear that track live.....:D

oh and I think they used new visuals for knights and uprising(the lyrics have returned)

Matt playing pib intro on his back was lolsome!:LOL:

imo, they looked As if they were really enjoying themselves. Matt has definitely improved as a showman.

Bad points, guiding light sounded horrible! Sound cutting out during new born and matts bright pink trouser close up shots on the screen(PMT would have loved it!)

I think all this set list bitching would go away if they just played for another 20-30 minutes, you expect that much of the new album when they are touring to promote it but with such a huge and amazing back catalogue there are too many great songs getting left out, of course they can't get them all in and always someones favourite song will be left out, but if they just did a little bit longer and fitted 3-4 more of the older stuff in i think the annoyance over setlists would disappear completely.

I dont think its unreasonable to expect a little bit more especially considering the tickets are £41 which is a pretty expensive compared to alot of other arena gigs ive been to. Kings of Leon were only £25 last year in Liverpool and they played for 2 hours and Green day last week were £35 and they played for 3 hours.

I think all setlist bitching aside - they're on top of their game in pretty much every other aspect from what I've seen so far.

Yep. Thursday will be mega (unless they only do 16 songs again :LOL:)

Sort out some of the setlist issues, play some bigger shows next year and they'll be competing at the 2003-04 level.

Setlist:

We Are The Universe

Uprising

Resistance

New Born

Map Of The Problematique

Supermassive Black Hole

Guiding Light

Interlude + Hysteria

Nishe + United States Of Eurasia

Feeling Good

Unintended

Helsinki Jam + Undisclosed Desires

Starlight

Plug In Baby

Time Is Running Out

Unnatural Selection

-----

Exogenesis, Pt. 1: Overture

Stockholm Syndrome

Man With A Harmonica + Knights Of Cydonia

That was absolutely amazing. I'm in bits.

Had loads of fun in the line too, especially with the suicidal pigeon :LOL:

Since we were all in the same line, where were you? I showed up around 2, don't recall seeing anyone from the board although i was talking to someone from Galway and i could swear I'd seen her before.

Had a USOE flag shirt and a purple/white checkered hoodie, who some guy offered me sex for :LOL:

That pigeon was :LOL::.

I was pretty near the front,about 10/15 people were front of me.

Argh,I was there since 9am. :eek:

When we got in the doors,everyone ran like craaaaazy,I got 3rd row,and when the show started,I was pushed forwards,backwards,left and right,especially during Plug In Baby.

I'LL POST PROPERLY TOMORROW WITH PHOTOS AND SUCH WHEN MY MIND ISN'T COMPLETELY BLOWN.

I LOVE YOU ALL.

Whoooop,that was amazing,I think I saw you once somewhere,during the gig,when I was pushed. :chuckle:

suicidal pigeon was hilarious!! saw two guys with that checked hoodie in the queue ahead of us - stands out quite a lot! and saw the burger king hats ppl all the way thru!

was in a bright aqua hoodie and coat but pretty bundled up for most of the time so it was easy to miss

i think this was the best muse gig i've been to yet... they were in SUCH GOOD FORM! they were so happy and incredible, and matt kept coming so close to the crowd, im so jealous of the ppl in the front row he was SO SO close!!

dom was very cute as well! and when he got cut off by matt when matt launched into unintended - he so was going to keep rambling

the way they took to the flag was really really sweet as well! that was so epic when it was in the air jet!

the stage is so so so epic. i can't actually get over it. and WOO we got such a long set :D 2 hours they must have been wrecked!!! ::awesome::dance:

Agree.When Matt came closer to stage,people went nuts and pushed closer to barrier,lol.

I had an flag too,but as I didn't get to the 1st row,it was around my shoulders.:chuckle:

12558_1276962801618_1156430925_859432_5041911_n.jpg

12558_1276962841619_1156430925_859433_1761542_n.jpg

You look grate!I think I saw you,a girl from barrier?;)

Wow, absolutely amazing gig..my first time seeing Muse and it definitely won't be my last...showed up at 2 but the queue wasn't too hectic so wandered round with me buddies til 5 and then we just joined in to a short enough line..few mins later some o2 men just slapped on some green pit passes...we couldn't believe our luck :)..got so close..wow...still haven't picked my jaw up off the floor!

Just threw up a lil video of United States...wow..

My first Muse gig as well,freakin' awesome!

a seriously short video I took during Unnatural Selection...I think Matt looks cool in it.

Some photos up here. :happy:

Matt looked absolutely grate. :)

the suicidal pigeon kept us entertained for hours in line! lol.

i was about 6 people away from the stage but as soon as uprising started and everyone started jumping i found myself at the front! last night was AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my first muse gig but not the last.

EDIT: oh and jake...i was standing next to you lol. ( i dragged you up with me remember? )

Archived