Shrinking Universe Appreciation Thread

LiT

• 4 weeks later...
Love for that little interlude then the shrieking. :D I can't believe I used to skip it!

I always listen to my ipod really loud when I'm on the bus because it's so noisy so whenever the shrieking part comes around the people sitting around me get to hear it all:LOL:

Also, an interesting fact: the universe is constantly expanding (it never shrinks:eek:) I learned this in science a while ago;)

I can sing it the whole way through, its actually an easy song.

Not really, it's quite easy. Is it a range issue or is it just too hard to hit the notes.

Oh for crap's sake you guys! I have to go try this thing now …......

(5 mins later after having barfed up a lung, killed the entire native bird population in my suburb and disturbed the neighbour so much that she phoned for the little white van to come take her away....)

I can sing the whole thing too apparently if I cheat and sing the cool screamy bit an octave lower and ignore the fact it sounds pretty daft sung in my whiny little Kiwi accent and in my own style which is completely incongruous to Matt's. Almost defeats the point by turning it into a completely different song! But you're partly right Raining_M. I'm an alto and don't have a particularly huge range (or desire to acquire one). I'm picking you're a soprano. Maybe you could stick your version on YouTube with your other stuff! :p

Shame about the birds. Poor things. I'll refrain from sticking my version on YouTube otherwise more stuff might die. This version by a demented cat sounds pretty close to mine though:

Cat sings Shrinking Universe

Great Gig in the Sky...I've never attempted it, and I don't think I'll be able to. :LOL: Plus my dad wants me to play it on piano (ever seen the sheet music for it? THAT is mental. At least at my skill level).

No I haven't seen that. Does it have Clare Torry's part on it? Bet that would've been a bitch to transcribe. What the hell would you write for the lyrics? “Ooh aah ooh aah?” Can you play it? I don't play the piano very often so the only time I read piano music is to page turn for someone else's classical gigs. And the closest I get to playing anything like Rick Wright is by sticking my elbows on the keys.

Also, an interesting fact: the universe is constantly expanding (it never shrinks:eek:) I learned this in science a while ago;)

haha i learned that watching that show the universe a while back and i was like ohhhh.. i forget what episode it was.. i think it was the one about dark matter and what it would be like if the universe kept expanding.. im rambling arent i? :LOL:

:awesome:

Fingers are getting tired....

haha i learned that watching that show the universe a while back and i was like ohhhh.. i forget what episode it was.. i think it was the one about dark matter and what it would be like if the universe kept expanding.. im rambling arent i? :LOL:

I thought you might ramble for longer and tell us what they said the universe will be like. Will there be pandas? :rolleyes:

Fingers are getting tired....

but you're a MACHINE HEAD HAND

but you're a MACHINE HEAD HAND

Well technically speaking I'm a “Turing Machine” Hand and a Turing Machine is by definition a thought experiment so I only exist in my imagination which is inside my brain which is made of stuff that gets tired! And no one can know if I will ever stop calculating and reach Halt state. So I could be doomed to count indefinitely!!! Damn you Alan Turing!

Well, at least until I change my avatar.

(And just in case anyone wonders if I've been smoking something illegal:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turing_machine

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halting_problem )

Just for the hell of it here's a Turing Machine that would print “Muse Muse Muse Muse” indefinitely on a blank tape (hopefully unless I made a mistake).

(Current state, Tape symbol read, Print-operation, Tape-motion, Final state)

a blank PM, L b

b blank Pu, L c

c blank Ps, L d

d blank Pe, L e

e blank Pblank, L a

;)

• 10 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Archived