new demo up on the bandspace. should really get around to recording vocals for our songs...

http://www.myspace.com/interrobanged

bumpz.

anyone feel like listening/giving some feedback? the new ones "synesthesia".

all those songs except "victory at a price" will have vox added and bits and pieces rerecorded when we get back together after exams.

bumpz.

anyone feel like listening/giving some feedback? the new ones "synesthesia".

all those songs except "victory at a price" will have vox added and bits and pieces rerecorded when we get back together after exams.

reminds me of the knife :)

would probably have mixed the guitar in a tad quieter with a bit of reverb so it sits further back personally.

Haze, do you have any Rag Doll Girl songs that you could post up for me? I'd download that EP but it would take forever seeing as I'm on dial-up (New Zealand is behind the rest of the world when it comes to internet :(). I only have Please Girl and Blood and Bones and I love them :happy:

The EP has to be sent to you doesn't it? (meaning non download)

Haze, thought I should ask first - I'm interested in buying both EP's...post to the US?

It does? Ah OK. I just went onto it's page and saw it was 31mb or something which means about 3 and a half hours for me :$ Just a couple of songs would be great :) Also Haze, what pedal are you using for your distortion/fuzz in those songs? It sounds great.

Edit: I meant the old EP in my previous post.

reminds me of the knife :)

would probably have mixed the guitar in a tad quieter with a bit of reverb so it sits further back personally.

cheers! i love the knife :happy: (in case you couldnt tell :p)

with vocals itll probably sound more like a dirtier version of cut copy.

and thanks for the tip. ill give that a shot later on

Haze, do you have any Rag Doll Girl songs that you could post up for me? I'd download that EP but it would take forever seeing as I'm on dial-up (New Zealand is behind the rest of the world when it comes to internet :(). I only have Please Girl and Blood and Bones and I love them :happy:

i don't even have copies of Rag Doll Girl stuff, so I can't help you there!

The EP has to be sent to you doesn't it? (meaning non download)

Haze, thought I should ask first - I'm interested in buying both EP's...post to the US?

I'll have a chat with Boz, a guy off Harmony Central ordered a RDG cd the other day from the USA and Boz does want to shift the things! :)

It does? Ah OK. I just went onto it's page and saw it was 31mb or something which means about 3 and a half hours for me :$ Just a couple of songs would be great :) Also Haze, what pedal are you using for your distortion/fuzz in those songs? It sounds great.

Edit: I meant the old EP in my previous post.

I joined the band after that EP was recorded, but helped Boz alot at the time. basically it's very similar to my own setup, but he's using a G&L tele > my old super overdrive modded by myself > USA big muff > laney VC30. he may have had access to an AC30 at the time, or that may have been for something else.

My tone sounds better, trust ;)

ok, so...this is just me really, but it's the only decent sounding recording i've made so far.

a bit of sloppy riffage. (really sloppy, but oh well - just fucking around. didn't bother redoing it either way.)

setup was

LP standard > Marshall 50 watt (non master. cranked to 8 or so on the bright channel..didn't have it bridged....can't remember the settings) > marshall 1960A 4x12 cabinet

as for the recording

Shure SM57 > art tube pre > macbook pro

keep your speaker volume low, as you'll hear a bit of clean at the beginning before i turned the amp up.

as for that weird interference sound in some parts, that is the amp...it tends to do that at really high volume.

edit:

actually,

I think I'll redo that tomorrow, got to work on that damn mic placement. if anyone does want to hear it, let me know...it's a bit different from how the setup really sounds if i think about it..

Edited by james90

I'll have a chat with Boz, a guy off Harmony Central ordered a RDG cd the other day from the USA and Boz does want to shift the things! :)

Didn't reply to this before, but yeah - sounds good :)

also, what exactly is used for the solo in 'please girl' ? (1:55 or so into the song)

sounds cool though, just wondering exactly what it is.

it's a harmonica :p

Haha, that was definitely one of the things that came to mind - just couldn't tell for sure

Also, do you know if he was using the super overdrive and big muff at the same time? i like that fuzz tone.