I got the cd's yesterday! I've only listened to two & 1/2 songs so far because I was in a rush to get to work this morning. I must say I'm really enjoying it. You guys have some serious talent. I'll have a proper listen when I get home tonight to give some feedback but so far I've noticed the whole bass thing. I had to turn my sub off. And the drums are really light on the first track.

for the record - NONE of the drums are me! :p theyve been made in a computer! haha

I think "Void" is programmed around something I played whilst jamming but all other drum tracks are made and written by Matt on a PC.

I play them differently live! :D

Come see us - it'll be 'whack'!

We got our first review! Of our myspace for some reason....

"Here the bassist from the ultra-metal band Jim Crow's Grave pulls an unexpected left-turn and forms Hastings' premier Hot Chip influenced electropop group. Splashes of actual guitar and bass aside, To The Moon Alice have built their songs on kicking, clonking drum-machines, New Wave synth-lines, and uncertain vocals. Over a generous six tracks the songwriting is strong, thought the geezerish, misjudged Dancing with Dwarves and mannered Placebo-isms of One In The Bush let the side down. Standards in this genre need to be high for club crossover potential, but a firm producer and decent studio could bring forth some disco stardust from To The Moon Alice.

7/10"

Not bad I guess, although we haven't had those songs up for months so it must be ancient :rolleyes:

We got our first review! Of our myspace for some reason....

"Here the bassist from the ultra-metal band Jim Crow's Grave pulls an unexpected left-turn and forms Hastings' premier Hot Chip influenced electropop group. Splashes of actual guitar and bass aside, To The Moon Alice have built their songs on kicking, clonking drum-machines, New Wave synth-lines, and uncertain vocals. Over a generous six tracks the songwriting is strong, thought the geezerish, misjudged Dancing with Dwarves and mannered Placebo-isms of One In The Bush let the side down. Standards in this genre need to be high for club crossover potential, but a firm producer and decent studio could bring forth some disco stardust from To The Moon Alice.

7/10"

Not bad I guess, although we haven't had those songs up for months so it must be ancient :rolleyes:

what a sexy review :p

Historia

Currently no vocals, but this is what I've got so far of my new demo pencilled as "Historia" (name will most likely change for final release)

Sorry if it's quiet; Garageband likes to mess up the sound when I export tracks by being all "Normalizing" about it all. Grrr. Why can't it just export it how I hear in the program? Anyway, that's another story.

Edit: Oh and I know there are a few harmonies that are a bit off. I'll fix that for the final version (Garageband was getting REALLY laggy and I couldn't be bothered re-importing the sibelius midi again because it takes quite a while to get it all sorted after that)

Edited by Apoplexia

I listened to about half of it. The piano sound really bugged me. It seemed far too bright, especially compared to the heaviness of the rest of the parts. I feel like you could be doing something more interesting with the piano part's rhythm as well.

That was, unfortunately, a problem with garageband and my Midi file; it took both piano lines and made them one (D:<) so I couldn't control the "right hand" and "left hand" tracks individually. I'll sort it for the final thing though.

And I'm sure I can work something out. Thanks for your feedback :)