Time to Start a fresh!!!!!

But lets try and keep it a lil more organised :p

This time let have

Band name -Followed by url/site addy

And then list of songs?

Ok lets go!

----------------------------------------------------

Ki Kame - www.ki-kame.com

here are some short samples of our stuff.

[] Preacher

[] A Guernican Relation

---------------------------------------------------

Lets try an keep em all like this. Its just easier to see stuff.

AHhhhh tiz up to yourselves :p

cool:happy:

• 1 month later...

Had a wee listen to your stuff dwydav.

The singing is not horrible, you can hold a tune extremely well actually, plus your voice is quite unique too. Nice sounding vocal distortion too.

Really nice sounding guitars on Scratched and Scorned, they're not fizzy or overgained. Most heavy bands on myspace and purevolume tend to have dead fizzy, wasp-in-a-jar type guitar sounds where as here it is pretty much perfect, especially for a home recording.

Bass sounds pretty good actually, drums sound good too.

The songs themselves are actually really good, and the standout for me is Scratched and Scorned, really nice riff and playing excellent overall.

Great stuff, have yourself a cookie.

Had a wee listen to your stuff dwydav.

The singing is not horrible, you can hold a tune extremely well actually, plus your voice is quite unique too. Nice sounding vocal distortion too.

Really nice sounding guitars on Scratched and Scorned, they're not fizzy or overgained. Most heavy bands on myspace and purevolume tend to have dead fizzy, wasp-in-a-jar type guitar sounds where as here it is pretty much perfect, especially for a home recording.

Bass sounds pretty good actually, drums sound good too.

The songs themselves are actually really good, and the standout for me is Scratched and Scorned, really nice riff and playing excellent overall.

Great stuff, have yourself a cookie.

wow :stunned: I was really expecting something like "u sukk n00b" cool man thanks!!

all I used for the distortion on scratched and scorned was a metal zone :D and my pickups on my black Ibanez have quite a high output, so it makes that gorgeous distortion :D

Yeah I think scratched and scorned is the one I did best of all three, but I like my backup vocals on cotton mouth :D

and the vocal distortion is on garage band.. and the screaming is very simple to do.. you whisper into a microphone and then stick distortion on it.. thats how Bellamy did the SUPERMASSIVE BLACK HOOOOLE bit and how Chris seems to be screaming on Assasin, but no, they're actually whispering ;)

wow :stunned: I was really expecting something like "u sukk n00b" cool man thanks!!

all I used for the distortion on scratched and scorned was a metal zone :D and my pickups on my black Ibanez have quite a high output, so it makes that gorgeous distortion :D

Yeah I think scratched and scorned is the one I did best of all three, but I like my backup vocals on cotton mouth :D

and the vocal distortion is on garage band.. and the screaming is very simple to do.. you whisper into a microphone and then stick distortion on it.. thats how Bellamy did the SUPERMASSIVE BLACK HOOOOLE bit and how Chris seems to be screaming on Assasin, but no, they're actually whispering ;)

Nah man, you're really good.

And yeh, I know about the distortion on the vocals, tried it myself on a track and everyone had great fun whispering various things into the mic while I was getting ready to record. We ended up not using any wee whispered bits on the song but kept the distorted vocals and it suits the song quite well.

You can have a listen(if you can be arsed) on our myspace(in my sig) to our stuff, though I'm not sure if you'll like it or not. The one with distorted vocals is called Black Market.

You gonna record any more in the near future?

EDIT: Sorry for the vocals being a bit off in Black Market also, three days of constant recording and singing is not good for the voice...

Nah man, you're really good.

And yeh, I know about the distortion on the vocals, tried it myself on a track and everyone had great fun whispering various things into the mic while I was getting ready to record. We ended up not using any wee whispered bits on the song but kept the distorted vocals and it suits the song quite well.

You can have a listen(if you can be arsed) on our myspace(in my sig) to our stuff, though I'm not sure if you'll like it or not. The one with distorted vocals is called Black Market.

You gonna record any more in the near future?

EDIT: Sorry for the vocals being a bit off in Black Market also, three days of constant recording and singing is not good for the voice...

:LOL: I know exactly what you mean!!

I'll give it a listen if my computer will allow me to look at myspace pages.. it's been acting up on me..

Scratched and Scorned is a pretty good song, and probably the most memorable of those three tracks. I like the accuracy of the harmonics, and the bit where one of the harmonics is extended slightly (I think it's before the main riff comes in the first time?). Nothing really stuck out for me in the others.

Also, in return, perhaps you can comment on my new band's stuff? :p

Zipped Version of the EP.

thats ace! I really like the first song! did you produce it yourselves then?

Yeh apart from the first one, which was recorded at a guys home studio that we know., The rest were just done on a Zoom MRS-802, not bad but not great.

Cheers for listening, really glad you liked it!!

I've redone the solo on Scratched and Scorned aswell as a better mix of it all, so tell meh what yer think!!

Yellowsphere, My computer isnt liking myspace, so I can't get any songs to load. do you have anyewhere else you could host them, like Purevolume?

dwydave: yeah scratched & scorned is the best I think! love the intro & random probe bits you did!

Yellowsphere: top notch music dude! F for delay is very Gilmourish :p if you're looking for constructive critisisms, vocals are slightly emo/americanified, and definately the weakest point. but only cos the music is so good.

You guys mind checking out my band?

it's in my sig (although we've changed our name to I.V. now, but myspace is being a wank and we can't log into the new one to upload songs.) No vocals on these recordings as it's an old site...Carousel is probably the best song, although that recording was the first time we playd it after it was written and we were all reading notes so I apologise for the mistakes :p Oh and if you imagine a kick ass trombone solo in the heavier bit of that, it helps too...

Right angled jack and the sparklesharks was the first song we wrote, and it's lost all its funk overtones now for more cowboy/riding music :D just imagine "galloping" style chords from the guitar instead of whatever crap I'm playing there! p.s. it's the top one! don't feel you need to listen to the appalling bottom one!!!

PLEASE can someone give us some kinda constructive critisism? Everyone we asked after our first gig just said stuff like "awesome." There's nothing like the anonyminity of the internet for honesty though, so be as harsh as you like ;)

cheers!

Yellowsphere: top notch music dude! F for delay is very Gilmourish :p if you're looking for constructive critisisms, vocals are slightly emo/americanified, and definately the weakest point. but only cos the music is so good.
It was such a thrown together recording that we recorded all the vocals at the same time in such a way that they couldn't be mixed afterward (all the instruments were recorded with just ambient mics then kick and snare). Max is the most emoy, and if you saw him you'd agree, haha, it's also mostly him that makes the voices seem Americany...excuses excuses! But yes, definitely constructive, although I find that trying to make your voice not sound American makes you sound like a Dick van Dyke Cockney. Thank you very much for your praise, anyway. :p

I'll get it up on another site and listen to your stuff soon!

Cool yellowshpere! I'm nbot having any luck getting onto myspace pages today, so it must be the world updating their blogs or something...

I've added the intro we played a few times on the site so check it out!!

I make that fuzzy noise by doing a dive bomb on the whammy and squealing it up form time to time.

Tell me what you think, it would be in that order if we made an album, although Cotton mouth would be near the middle rather than the start

• 3 weeks later...

Ok I've got 9 songs together.. I still have a few to record, but I wanted to know your impressions on what I've already done..

This is a link to a 43.6 MB file.. it's basically all 9 songs one after the other.. I have done it this way because I want to know what you think of the transitions between songs... it's a sort of concept album so all songs or nearly all fade into each other.

So if anyone is up for it, give this a listen and tell me what you think of the production and music itself. The singing is not great since its all done into the microphone in my mac :LOL: and I dont have a great voice either which I suppose doesnt help :rolleyes:

anyways tell me what you think if you're brave enough to listen through all of it..

Here's the track listing so you can give references to opinions:

1. Chaos Behold (Intro) | 00:00 - 02:46

2. Scratched and Scorned | 02:46 - 06:06

3. Schizophrenic | 06:06 - 11:05

4. Silent Screams | 11:05 - 16:30

5. Cotton Mouth | 16:30 - 19:31

6. Jamalong Disco | 19:31 - 21:12

7. Special | 21:12 - 24:48

8. Authority Issues | 24:48 - 27:27

9. Chaos Behold 2 (outro) | 27:27 - end

Thanks!!

EDIT: derr forgot the link: http://www.odwyer.net/~dwydav/silentscreams.mp3

The album is called Silent Screams

It's very Muse, isn't it? :p

Not bad though, however, your guitar tone seems incredibly thin at points, especially when clean, which detracts from the quality of the entire thing really. How did you record guitar?

The track transitions are fine. I like the intro and outro tracks and the drums at the beginning of Authority Issues.

What did you think of The Angry Dome, by the way?

Also, whilst I'm here, my main band (Studio Tokyo!) is going to be recording a full length album over the next few months, watch this space.