"Musevangelists"

gocanux

You're just lucky to find a copy of OOS here in the US---or did you send to UK for it? Are Muse CD's/DVD's any easier to find in Canada, anyone?

I found hullabaloo (cd), OOS (they had several copies), a SFA single, Absolution (vinyl) and a whole bunch of other goodies at Amoeba (independent music store in hollywood)

There are only 3 locations in california but a visit there is well worth it. The store is huge and you could easily spend the whole day there if not longer.

:D

actually, i still feel horrible when i download stuff. lol

i had OOS downloaded on a cd with lots of b sides, and i just about shit my drawers when i saw it at borders.

so i talked my friend evan into getting it for me.

it was only , like, 22 bucks, but i didn't have any money on me.

i think i actually squealed with the glee of finding soemthign i never expected to.

i was bouncing up and down when i went up to evan.

i just felt so good that i could finally upgrade from my crappy download and buy the actual thing.

it was worth it... really.

i'm working on importing the hullabaloo cd to a local record shop in canandaigua- he said it might cost me 30 bucks, but i'm like "DUDE, for a double cd that's a good price and well worth it, considering that i can't buy it just about anywhere in the states!"

(double cd's are usually about 25 dollars anyhow.)

look- i'm obsessive compulsive (a horder by trade [i.e. packrat]) and getting my collection properly brings me great joy and peice of mind, ok? so please don't think i'm odd in this. :LOL:

B---Does Rhino in Claremont carry any imported Muse stuff? If not then you need to convert them to the Church of Muse!

I saw Hullabaloo there once and almost shat myself. It was like 8 bucks. I wanted to carry it up to the counter and just point to the price tag and start crying. Of course, when I bought OOS and Hullabaloo, I didn't realize that 40 pounds total (thats including shipping) was like 328947238947923 dollars american!!! (good thing i NEVER exaggerate... and im NEVER sarcastic)

hahaha

Went into Best Buy to check for any new stuff from Muse and asked them to check on the comp for any future release dates of any singles in the US so first he asks "The Music?" then "Who?" , "The Muse" by now I was loosing it just a little "They're called MUSE period! and they're fantastic. maybe you should take the time to check them out!" Well, I would have said a little more but my daughter was with me and I had to set a good example. I was happy in the end, when he said "Thanks for telling me about them. They sound interesting and I'll check them out!" My good deed for the day!

I saw Hullabaloo there once and almost shat myself. It was like 8 bucks. I wanted to carry it up to the counter and just point to the price tag and start crying. Of course, when I bought OOS and Hullabaloo, I didn't realize that 40 pounds total (thats including shipping) was like 328947238947923 dollars american!!! (good thing i NEVER exaggerate... and im NEVER sarcastic)

hahaha

BMan---You saw Hullabaloo in Rhino and didn't buy it for me for Christmas????? Remember, there's Valentine's Day, St Patrick's Day, my birthday, Mother's Day---that covers Feb thru May. I may yet have to disown you! Buy all Muse available! (I too am a bit obsessive-compulsive, but that's not necessarily a bad thing in a surgeon)

Went into Best Buy to check for any new stuff from Muse and asked them to check on the comp for any future release dates of any singles in the US so first he asks "The Music?" then "Who?" , "The Muse" by now I was loosing it just a little "They're called MUSE period! and they're fantastic. maybe you should take the time to check them out!" Well, I would have said a little more but my daughter was with me and I had to set a good example. I was happy in the end, when he said "Thanks for telling me about them. They sound interesting and I'll check them out!" My good deed for the day!

yeah best buy has nothing... they are useless, if you ask me. the only good thing is you can get cds for reasonable prices...

yeah best buy has nothing... they are useless, if you ask me. the only good thing is you can get cds for reasonable prices...

You're right...and the people working there are usually doing it part-time so can't expect too much from them. It's just we all wished people would be more aware of who they are, but I guess the time will come.

That's funny (or sad..). I was in BestBuy just yesterday and asked the clerk to look up what other Muse items were available, and she said The Music? The Muse? She looked about 22 and had never heard of them. Maybe she listens to country; after all, this is Tacoma!

The Musevangelist Award for the week goes to.....ME! I just saw a gal for a postop checkup, having done her emergency surgery at midnight a week or so ago. While we were waiting for the OR to be ready, we had made small talk to allay her understandable anxiety, and she mentioned she loved Absolution. Since this is the US, she had never heard of OOS, so at her office visit today I gave her a burned copy of OOS! One by one we will convert them.....

The Musevangelist Award for the week goes to.....ME! I just saw a gal for a postop checkup, having done her emergency surgery at midnight a week or so ago. While we were waiting for the OR to be ready, we had made small talk to allay her understandable anxiety, and she mentioned she loved Absolution. Since this is the US, she had never heard of OOS, so at her office visit today I gave her a burned copy of OOS! One by one we will convert them.....

Now that's what I call aftercare!

haha! thats a good one...

i was in there looking for Hullabaloo and of course they didn't have it. i was somehow shocked seeing as they had a live dvd for everyone else under the sun that either i've never heard of or hasn't put anything new out since 1989...

i think i might be turnign my boss into a fan. lol

she's heard me talking about the board so many times at work, i guess she's curious about any band that can cause such intense loyalty (i mention everyone's exploits that i read about- i get a good laugh from them, especially what i've done on the photogenic tom thread. lol)

so i lent her my copy of OOS for a few days.

i told her that most everyone think it's there best album.

she seemed pretty interested, so i guess we'll see what happens.

Hey Brian!!

Just wanted to thank you for copying the stuff you had for Alex and I !! :D

Amoeba is AWESOME you would totally love it there. We are planning to take another trip there soon. Maybe we could meet up :happy:

Hullabaloo was $19!! OOS was $19!

Here's another story....

I was taking a picture of the football field at the school where I teach because it has goal post (i want to alter the picture so it looks like the cover of oos). She asked me why I was taking the picture...that sparked the conversation about Muse and I gave her a burned copy of oos that I had in my car!

Hey Brian!!

Just wanted to thank you for copying the stuff you had for Alex and I !! :D

Here's another story....

I was taking a picture of the football field at the school where I teach because it has goal post (i want to alter the picture so it looks like the cover of oos). She asked me why I was taking the picture...that sparked the conversation about Muse and I gave her a burned copy of oos that I had in my car!

One by one we shall convert them....

BTW, Isabel, Brian created the original DVD's but my husband (not yet converted, but we're working on it) copied them at his business, and I have now mastered CD burning and copied those! (Don't laugh at me, I'm old!)

*pouts*

i don't WANT to convert them-

they don't deserve it. lol

you know it'll never completely work-

muse don't have the sexiness factor here.

you will never believe how many people i've heard saying "eww" at them

or they're weird

or whatever the fuck the problem is today.

which is hunky-fucking-dory by me.

i don't wnat ticket prices to get all expensive cuz they're popular. lol

One by one we shall convert them....

BTW, Isabel, Brian created the original DVD's but my husband (not yet converted, but we're working on it) copied them at his business, and I have now mastered CD burning and copied those! (Don't laugh at me, I'm old!)

Thank you Mr. Anderson (sorry don't know his first name)!!!!!!!!!

Yes one by one....world domination...eer I mean Muse domination :D

*pouts*

i don't WANT to convert them-

they don't deserve it. lol

you know it'll never completely work-

muse don't have the sexiness factor here.

you will never believe how many people i've heard saying "eww" at them

or they're weird

or whatever the fuck the problem is today.

which is hunky-fucking-dory by me.

i don't wnat ticket prices to get all expensive cuz they're popular. lol

I do think they are sexy but not in the "traditional" sense whatever that means. I also don' want tickets to skyrocket either but we can't do too much about that. Let's enjoy it while we can.

Archived