"Musevangelists"

gocanux

I guess am responsible (guilty?) of coining two new terms: MuseBunny and Musevangelist.

It's difficult being a Muse fan here in the US as so many people are not familiar with their music, or they only know Hysteria and TIRO because that's all that gets played on the radio. At least our local Seattle alternative station (I forgive you, TheEnd, now that you put Muse onto the Top CD's ballot so quickly) station occasionally plays Newborn or Sunburn.

Tee hee! Yes, and I stole one of them :p

*looks to sig*

But I'm the proud beginner of the 'sunglasses', so whoo!

Oi thingy person! Don't be so nasty! Scissor Sisters are no excuse! I love the Scissor Sisters, and yet Muse are my ultimately ultimate band of ultimate bands.

(Don't ask, my music tastes are incredibly diverse).

I'm a failure too, at times... But I say: screw it! All the more for me! :D

once i was talking to my friend's bf, and he knows just how much i love muse. Having never heard them before, he asks me to send him one of their songs. So i decided to send him "Hysteria" since it would the closest thing that he would ever like (He's a fan of greenday and all those pop/punk/rock bands). Days later, he sends me a testimonial (on friendster) telling me that muse are "yucky" :indiff: God he's such a sissyboy. So thus, i have failed in converting him into a muse fan :( . I don't think i will have much luck with my friends either because all they listen to is either jap pop/rock or pop music *sigh*

i'm completely innocent when it comes to getting people to listen to muse (*coughs*), but well, it's not really necessary at my school... whenever i talk about muse, some of them actually already go like 'cool! muse rocks!', the rest of them listen to pop, r&b and hiphop so i've given up on them :rolleyes:

Hmmm... ::wonders what it would be like to hear Muse on the radio::

*wonders along* ....i have heard them once, on sort of a rockweek, you could request songs, and someone requested for TIRO.... one of the only times i heard them :confused:

*wonders along* ....i have heard them once, on sort of a rockweek, you could request songs, and someone requested for TIRO.... one of the only times i heard them :confused:

It's a rareity for muse to be played on canadian radio. The only times where i heard a lot of muse was during the first few weeks when TIRO and Hysteria came out. During the times before, in between and after their releases, muse have NEVER been played :indiff: I would request it, but then i figure why bother? The chances of my call getting through are not that high, and they would probably be like "who??" "You want to hear THE muse?" :rolleyes:

Yeah, I've managed to both by accident and purposefully convert quite a few people to Muse now, my Girlfriend and her best mate, my best mate, my mum, probably a few more!

wow your mom too??? cool. Converting my mom into a muse fan is plain out impossible. She doesn't like anything noisy/loud and prefers instrumental music or opera. But I have converted my sis into a muse fan..she practically likes all the music i listen to :happy:

wow your mom too??? cool. Converting my mom into a muse fan is plain out impossible. She doesn't like anything noisy/loud and prefers instrumental music or opera. But I have converted my sis into a muse fan..she practically likes all the music i listen to :happy:

Haha my mum is officially a legend now, so much so I shelled out the money for her to come along to Earls Court with me for her christmas present, and man she loved every second!

Lots of parents (mature people) love Muse. You know is that missing link between classic & rock music.

I don´t know about you people living in US, Muse play small-medium venues there at the moment, but in London (or any big venue in Europe) you can see a big part of the crowd in their 30´s, 40´s, and even 50´s. I know of a very mature couple in their early 60´s who follows them everywhere here in London. I knew about them before meet them. They are cool. They confessed their love for the most classic songs, the ones with piano.

Lots of parents (mature people) love Muse. You know is that missing link between classic & rock music.

I don´t know about you people living in US, Muse play small-medium venues there at the moment, but in London (or any big venue in Europe) you can see a big part of the crowd in their 30´s, 40´s, and even 50´s. I know of a very mature couple in their early 60´s who follows them everywhere here in London. I knew about them before meet them. They are cool. They confessed their love for the most classic songs, the ones with piano.

Yeah, I saw quite a few, plenty do also come with the younger fans, as Muse do seem to attract the young 13-14 angsty teens, I can't get too critical here, because that was how old I was when I got into Showbiz!

I think my mum is taken by them more from the rock aspect, she was into Deep Purple, Led Zepp, a lot of heavier rock, sort of stuff we don't see done that well nowadays, (in my opinion, and natch. Muse excepted here!) If anyone is interested her favourite track is Hysteria, and she also made the really astute comment that Sing For Absolution is a lonely track, if you get my drift.

Can anyone tell I am postponing finishing/doing a sodding essay?

Oh my, I feel so old! Maybe because I AM, but I still love Muse. I have always been a fan of rock, and so I love their rock as well as the classical elements. Be kind to us older ones; someday you young'uns will be aging rock fans!

Hey this it turning into "how oldies like Muse", so I feel well at home here!

Must say after only seeing Muse before at V (from the mosh pit I must add!)we were really surpised to see the number of 30's / 40's and older at Earls Court. Age really is in the head though, a lot of our friends were amazed that we go to gigs still.

Yes we are evangelists for Muse too, from our kids, to friends and even a Latvian employee who has gone back to Riga now a total fan.....spread the word!! I have even intercepted total strangers in record shops if I see tham pick up a muse album and go "....... yes, yes, you must buy!!", haven't been arrested yet!

Yeh, I do spread the word around - I managed to turn a guy whom I used to teach some bass into a Muser (lent him OoS saying "listen to what that Chris guy does... and by the way simply listen to the music, it's some awesome stuff," and he bought OoS and Showbiz about 2 weeks later :D )... They're not very popular here in Poland though...

A friend of mine asked to borrow OoS and I found myself possessed by a Gollum-esque greediness. I practically started hissing "My preciousssss..." I act like a three-year-old: I tell everyone how great they are and then I selfishly refuse to share them. I don't like the fact that there becoming so "cool" that one of of the bloody Olsen twins likes them (I liked the exclusivity that used to be associated with being a Muse martyr. Yeah, I really am that shallow. :rolleyes: )

That's one more thing I love about Muse. At the wiltern show you couldn't have placed people into categories. There were kids there (approx 10) and people I thought looked like the parents of my students (I teach high school), I saw people of all ages, types and races. I have NEVER seen that in a concert before. I saw people dressed like they were going to a broadway show I saw punks and goths and all sorts. WOW!

Getting back to the purpose of this thread...well I was CONVERTED and I am also spreading the gospel according to matthew, lol. I am getting the String Quartet tribute to muse for my parents and I have several students that I've been preaching to. One of those students happens to run his own online radio station and he is constantly playing Muse now :happy::D

Here in Lancaster (an hour north of los angeles) the local radio station plays Hysteria and TIRO on a regular basis.

okay, this might not be revelant, but they just played Thoughts of a Dying Athiest on the radio while I was at this movie rental place today. way to go, my beloved muse. i swear this'll be the second song ever i heard on the radio by muse.. guess what was the first one? :p i got so excited that i just wanna give that guy working up front a kiss, lol

all my family says is they don't want to hear it... why do i always want to listen to people screaming.

no taste.

i'm tellin ya.

i feel so dirty now that the olsen twins are getting in on it.

it just seems wrong. lol

I know what you mean. Everyone in my house (my sons age 14 and 18, and myself) are Musers except my husband, who can't get past Matthew's falsetto. It seems the only concert vid he has seen is Microcuts; seemed to be on the TV every time he came downstairs over Christmas. But he listens to some blues that to me sounds like a roomful of cats being mercilessly tortured.

And remember, even filthy rich talentless anorexics need Muse!

A friend of mine asked to borrow OoS and I found myself possessed by a Gollum-esque greediness. I practically started hissing "My preciousssss..." I act like a three-year-old: I tell everyone how great they are and then I selfishly refuse to share them. I don't like the fact that there becoming so "cool" that one of of the bloody Olsen twins likes them (I liked the exclusivity that used to be associated with being a Muse martyr. Yeah, I really am that shallow. :rolleyes: )

hee hee - this happened to me to0 - i can't let my album out of my hands!

Yesterday my son Nick and his friend were in charge of reading the morning news at their highschool and get to play a song of their choice after the bell rings and before their go on the intercom. Well, they played Stockholm and along with a bunch of kids asking them "who plays that awesome song?" even two of their teachers were also interested in knowing who the band was.

Archived