Which kind of Muser are you?

CitizenAgitated

Which period of Muse do you prefer?  

129 members have voted

1. 1. Which period of Muse do you prefer?

• Pre-Absolution(through Hullabaloo soundtrack) - hard and gritty
    • Absolution to present - polished and sophisticated
    • I love all of it equally
    • This is a stupid, stuipid poll. Epic fail.

I listened to Black Holes in entirety for the first time in ages yesterday and fuck it was great. I forget the awesome as I really don't like Starlight or Invincible that much, find Soldiers Poem beautiful but boring and Exo Politics just uber silly. But as part of the album they are good. Absolution is the only album I want to listen to and not skip anything, its pure genius.

I think Showbiz is mostly whiny emo blandness written by kids (the lyrics, musically is yummy) and I totally understand why Muse don't want to play stuff from it anymore. And I don't understand the fans who love it above everything else :p

Guest QueenOfNerds
i'll be honest, i only picked it because none of the other options suited me. i don't love each album equally -- i love them all, but not equally.

Well at least you have a legitimate reason!

hm. its hard to decide..for me everything muse comes out with is so much better than other music how do you put this one into perspective? i've gotta say i love absolution and most of orgin of symmetry..parts of showbiz are great..its somewhat a different sound and sometimes its a bit refreshing. i've got my favorite tracks on black holes and revelations, but honestly its a bit too polished and not as unique as their other stuff. to me at least. saying this muse are still complete musical genius everything they come out with i will love, but just some more than others.

Love them all equally is probably the closest..not entirely true, but I do love them all, just in different ways. I like pointless polls like this, so I'll refrain from the epic fail option. ;)

I'm not sure what I am, really. More often then not I listen to Muse songs individually rather then whole albums, and I tend to judge some of them based on their live versions. That's why BH&R and Showbiz are up there despite their flaws. The Showbiz era is actually still my favourite as well..maybe because that's when I started getting into them and for all its honesty. Basically, each album has a charm which I appreciate in one way or another.

I voted "Absolution to present - polished and sophisticated".

Why ? Because I used the "live" factor, I enjoy their performances much more since they started the Absolution tour, therefore I voted Abo to present.

I guess I dont realy care about their studim albums, meh.

Argh I can't decide which one is best off the top of my head *ditherdither* /fail

Hmmm. For pwoper critical analysis, I will obviously have to dig all the albums out (all my stuff like music/books etc is in storage - long story) and play them in full, one after the other. :happy: And annoy my family...:LOL:

I chose Abso-present, purely because most of the greatest songs ever are on those two albums...

BH&R doesnt have as much rawness as the ones before it, or as much charisma... The energy is still there, but its more refined and focused.

Abso hasnt got as many hits as BH&R, but the rawness and sophistication is almost perfect...

The earlier albums have got some beautiful masterpieces though (Citizen Erased and Sunburn come to mind here), but most are too raw to be truly great... Maybe if they did some new recordings or something i would probably have voted for OoS and Showbiz...

I love all of the albums, but some are a bit too refined and some are too rough...

I didnt count Hullabaloo cos ive only heard HCM and that really pissed me off...

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I voted "Absolution to present - polished and sophisticated".

Why ? Because I used the "live" factor, I enjoy their performances much more since they started the Absolution tour, therefore I voted Abo to present.

Agreed :) i love 00S and Abso mainly because it reminds me of the tours. Not a big fan of BH&R

Archived