An EP?

ANGRY

Why does everyone seem to expect an EP? Is it just because they have said they are only working on three songs right now, or something else I am unaware of?

I think in an interview a while back Matt had said he thought albums are becoming obsolete or something vaguely along those lines. It's been a while since I read that on here so I may be missing some parts of it

Well, it's not a full album and they've recorded more than one song.

So an EP or multiple singles are really the only options, assuming they all get released.

I think in an interview a while back Matt had said he thought albums are becoming obsolete or something vaguely along those lines. It's been a while since I read that on here so I may be missing some parts of it

That's one of those things he's been saying for years tbf, and he already confirmed last year that they'd probs be doing another album in 2018.

A fan said he was told at Air Studios there were three songs recorded, one "heavy" and two not.

However, everyone seems to be ignoring the fact that Matt captioned his video "new SONG coming." Singular.

Don't think people are necessarily ignoring that, just doesn't mean that's all we're getting. Like Kueller said, the other songs could be b-sides or other singles released later in the year.

A fan said he was told at Air Studios there were three songs recorded, one "heavy" and two not.

However, everyone seems to be ignoring the fact that Matt captioned his video "new SONG coming." Singular.

yeah. one song in the immediate future seems about all we can realistically expect at this juncture.

though i'd like an EP (it seems they have been in the studio sufficiently long enough over the past few months to churn one out)...pigs get fat; hogs get slaughtered.

my current bet is that we get one song between now and LP8...and the song is met with a polarizing reception from the fans.

I don't know, if they stray away from the kind of blatant (although functional to the narrative) lyrics seen in Drones and cut off a bit of cheese, they might pull out something great this time.
They might also produce something mediocre. I am excited about the new song but I don't expect anything in particular really.

Then what happens with the other two? LP8's a way off yet dood.

historically, muse has done next do nothing in the way of releases of any kind in between the last few LPs.

NSC, popcorn (attached to a single), a cover or two...and...what else? have to look to the past as a reasonable prediction of the future...

Edited by frutiger75

historically, muse has done next do nothing in the way of releases of any kind in between the last few LPs.
And historically they haven't recorded in the inbetween years when a last tour is waiting (2005, 2008, 2011, 2014), so obviously this is a totally new scenario.

...which is why i've expressed hope for an EP.

...But you said you expected one song and you were then asked about the other two which they're apparently recording. Your answer was that they haven't really released music inbetween albums in the past.

Do you see where someone might be confused about what you're trying to say?

Actually from your posts it seems you're actually unaware of the rumour that there are three songs in total, and then I guess you didn't really understand Jobby's post?

...But you said you expected one song and you were then asked about the other two which they're apparently recording. Your answer was that they haven't really released music inbetween albums in the past.

Do you see where someone might be confused about what you're trying to say?

Actually from your posts it seems you're actually unaware of the rumour that there are three songs in total, and then I guess you didn't really understand Jobby's post?

i expect one song to be released as a result of what's come directly from the horse's mouth.

i am hopeful for an EP, and i have mentioned this possibility a few weeks ago in another thread before this thread was even started.

i didn't answer jobby's question about the other two because, quite frankly, nobody knows what the ultimate destination is for those other two songs -- or if any of them are even complete! i simply made a tangetial statement about what has transpired in between recent albums in the past.

i'm fully aware of all the rumours. if anything, this latest IG post suggests they are working on perhaps a fourth song, as marc carolan posted that he was 'mixing' material from prior sessions (presumably the 'one heavy...the other two not so much'...[not to mention the other 'bits' for the 30STM tour]) a few weeks ago. jobby and i (along with few others) discussed the notion of a 3 or 4 track EP back on 13th march in the 'Speculation...' thread.

speaking of which, i'll take the opportunity to reiterate a point i made in that thread a month ago -- after considering all of the recent social media posts from the band, those connected to the band, and fans of the band -- they've been in the studio (recording?) an awfully long time over the past three or four months to generate merely one song. so there's that.

It's (almost) certain they're going to release something new over the course of these two months, that's perhaps the only thing we can be (almost) sure about.

Do we have any reason to believe this wasn't a video clip from the previous recording sessions, though?

And for what it's worth, the people who said it was supposedly three songs also said the band said they were for LP8, so at least part of their tale was likely false.

No reason, in fact.

They might have written more than three/four songs in the last six months, so they might release a surprise album, for what we know...

Yes, I'm rambling, am I?

Edited by MartianSpaghettiRider

A good chunk of people on reddit seem to believe it will come out on the 16th of April (it being a new song or something idk I failed clairvoyance in school), due to the random hand picture shared by Muse being taken on that date.

Then again, Muse fans aren't famed for rational thinking. Who knows? I just know I'll be throwing money at whatever comes out like the fan boy I am

I didn't think the size of this NA tour was "remarkable." It's still rather short, in line with the tiny one last time.

And yes, it's obviously about money. The price of those tickets is actually remarkable. It's much more likely they saw an opportunity to capitalize on the popularity of summer concerts and another decently sized band to add to the bill than they are going to tour America because of a new song (or three.)

People get really wound up about number on things... Remember when the number on the drone pic was obviously the album date, but everyone went wild with it?