An EP?

ANGRY

I didn't think the size of this NA tour was "remarkable." It's still rather short, in line with the tiny one last time.

And yes, it's obviously about money. The price of those tickets is actually remarkable. It's much more likely they saw an opportunity to capitalize on the popularity of summer concerts and another decently sized band to add to the bill than they are going to tour America because of a new song (or three.)

People get really wound up about number on things... Remember when the number on the drone pic was obviously the album date, but everyone went wild with it?

...And of course, they can't capitalize if they aren't offering anything new. Unless they had this tour already planned and decided to use it as an "audience gauge test" for new material just now.

There's also the fact that tickets went onsale before any new potential music release, so they idea of this tour promoting that new material, or riding on it, isn't really the best idea.

It's no more than them finding a niche that would allow them to tour in areas that got skipped last time and a second time in ones that were profitable.

If they do any sort of tour promotion of this new material, it will clearly be in Europe; maybe this stuff Matt's been hinting about.

If anything, I think the songs might've been recorded just to give them something new to play this year.

If they do any sort of tour promotion of this new material, it will clearly be in Europe; maybe this stuff Matt's been hinting about.

Tbh I'm not sure where they'd fit in anything significant for Europe at this point. They've got a month off between mid-June and mid-July but, other than that, their tour schedule only really has the odd two-week gap that I imagine they'll use for chilling.

what if the new material is a song ft. tswift or the biebs?

Swifty'd probs help them write better pop songs.

...And of course, they can't capitalize if they aren't offering anything new. Unless they had this tour already planned and decided to use it as an "audience gauge test" for new material just now.
Not sure you thought this post through.

I don't know, if they stray away from the kind of blatant (although functional to the narrative) lyrics seen in Drones and cut off a bit of cheese, they might pull out something great this time.

Yeah I agree, if they remove every single thing their music has included in the past few years, it might be good.

• 5 weeks later...
Do you think they'll release anything before the first gig? There's not much time left.

Tom seems to be hyping up a release on Twitter, basically suggesting that the wait's almost done. I'd say either next week or the week after.

#PrettyDarnSoon. Which could mean months. Or tomorrow. As usual, who knows.

Normally I'd agree but given the recent little resurgance of promo, the fact that we know the video's finally been shot and Tom also tweeting out the #patienceisavirtue thing (implying that it's obvs been a long wait but that we're about to get it) - I'd say it's genuinely close now. Video's usually the last thing to get done and tends to have a ~2 week turnaround tmk.