I'd just like to say that next year you guys should really do away with the super negative categories for the board awards. While I understand they're meant to be a joke, some people don't treat it as such and it ends up hurting a lot of people. Not to mention, a lot of people on this board are teenagers and probably can't handle cyber bullying very well. Better to not give them more ammo.

I'd just like to say that next year you guys should really do away with the super negative categories for the board awards. While I understand they're meant to be a joke, some people don't treat it as such and it ends up hurting a lot of people. Not to mention, a lot of people on this board are teenagers and probably can't handle cyber bullying very well. Better to not give them more ammo.

A lot of the awards are banter oriented though and most of them have been desensitized enough to not care.

But I see the point of maybe being careful at times.

I'd just like to say shut up.

People can say if they don't like to be in nominations. And I don't think there is any super negative categories. And if you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. It's not my goal to sound completely heartless, some people are really mean, but it's not fault of the awards. Cunts are always cunts.

If anyone has any real problems the solution is only a report away. We don't tolerate genuine cyber bullying when some reports it and people are always allowed to opt out of the awards they're nominated for. I'm personally not for changing something a lot of people enjoy because a small minority of people causing problems, far better to deal with such individuals directly and tackle any real problems at the source.

If anyone has any real problems the solution is only a report away. We don't tolerate genuine cyber bullying when some reports it and people are always allowed to opt out of the awards they're nominated for. I'm personally not for changing something a lot of people enjoy because a small minority of people causing problems, far better to deal with such individuals directly and tackle any real problems at the source.

Yeah, I'll talk to my friend. I mean, personally, I barely post on the boards anymore so this wasn't for my sake. I'm just sick of constantly seeing cyber bullying amongst Musers. :rolleyes: It's ridiculous.

Yeah, I'll talk to my friend. I mean, personally, I barely post on the boards anymore so this wasn't for my sake. I'm just sick of constantly seeing cyber bullying amongst Musers. :rolleyes: It's ridiculous.

If you see anything then report it so we can act on it.

If you see anything then report it so we can act on it.

Well, most of the time it's outside of the boards on twitter and such, so I doubt much can be done about it anyways. Or it's subtle... like through the awards where people can do it anonymously. I mean, look at the thread for Biggest Drama Queen:

"True Drama Queen style to bitch about and/or be upset about being nominated for this category." etc. etc. ...so I can see why my friend would want to not pull out their name from certain categories and make a big deal of it. Which is why I thought it wouldn't hurt for me to point it out.

Maybe I just don't post on here enough and am making a big deal out of nothing, but I do know for a fact at least one person was seriously hurt by these awards alone.

Well, most of the time it's outside of the boards on twitter and such, so I doubt much can be done about it anyways. Or it's subtle... like through the awards where people can do it anonymously. I mean, look at the thread for Biggest Drama Queen:

"True Drama Queen style to bitch about and/or be upset about being nominated for this category." etc. etc. ...so I can see why my friend would want to not pull out their name from certain categories and make a big deal of it. Which is why I thought it wouldn't hurt for me to point it out.

Maybe I just don't post on here enough and am making a big deal out of nothing, but I do know for a fact at least one person was seriously hurt by these awards alone.

"If, for whatever reason (but really it's such an honour to be nominated), you'd prefer not to be included in the final votes if you're nominated, please let us know now because it's easier to not include you now than remove you later. Thanks."

"If, for whatever reason (but really it's such an honour to be nominated), you'd prefer not to be included in the final votes if you're nominated, please let us know now because it's easier to not include you now than remove you later. Thanks."

*licks you*

If anyone is 'seriously hurt' by the award nominations, they probably have bigger problems to worry about...

You obviously didn't read a word of what you quoted. :rolleyes: People make fun of those who pull their names out so why would they do that and cause more unneeded drama? Look, stop with the snarky comments. You're just emphasizing my point with them, really.

You obviously didn't read a word of what you quoted. :rolleyes: People make fun of those who pull their names out so why would they do that and cause more unneeded drama? Look, stop with the snarky comments. You're just emphasizing my point with them, really.

What she said is a direct quote from the original announcement about nominations for awards being opened. I understand that some people might get hurt from the awards, but they've been around for years and are a tradition. They're meant to be light-hearted, and if people do take their negative nominations seriously, then obviously we need names so in future the same thing doesn't happen. We don't want people to get hurt of course, but we can't take action if we don't know anything. If a couple of people are offended, we're not going to pull the whole thing though because if we started pulling other things on this site that offended people, then we'd be left with nothing but the news forum.

For the record, we don't say if people have pulled out. People just figure it out, and no-one really cares that much unless it's someone who seems to not be able to face the music.

I didn't see any snarky comments in my original post, love. As Sammy said it was a direct quote from the announcements, which you obviously didn't read as it says you can opt out before they even post the shortlists and nominations.

Several people pulled out and the only person I've seen being made fun of was Haze, as people had already voted for him and suddenly he was off the list. Gary and Marita (just seen the thread.. maybe she did get some mentions.. but I assume most people find it perfectly understandable why she doesn't want to be in) hardly got a mention and who knows who else opted out.

And right now you are creating all the drama. Does melon even know you're fighting her battles here?

I didn't see any snarky comments in my original post, love.

That was actually aimed at Dramatic Hammer's post above mine, I was too lazy to do a separate quote, whoops. :p

And right now you are creating all the drama. Does melon even know you're fighting her battles here?

Never really meant for it to be a "battle" with my original post, but everyone felt the need to butt in.

That was actually aimed at Dramatic Hammer's post above mine, I was too lazy to do a separate quote, whoops. :p

Never really meant for it to be a "battle" with my original post, but everyone felt the need to butt in.

I'm serious, I don't know who you're talking about but you'd have to be extremely naive to take the awards seriously. I know 'it's just the internets' is a tired cliché but if you're attaching that much value to the opinions of a bunch of jokers you've never met, it's probably time to log off and hang out with some real people.

• 7 months later...

Archived