Whats a loveboat? and why are people `keeper of..` something?

JackAndrews

The argument that they're redundant after the profile commenting function thingy isn't unfair though, I think. The problem is that people don't post on their own profile and they should cause it makes it way harder to follow than the loveboat threads, where you can see all the correspondence at once right away.

I think groups would probably be a more logical replacement for loveboats than the profile messaging. Multiple people can get involved in conversations in groups and you can see what everyone is saying all on one page.

But... if everyone keeps posting the same amount, but simply does it in other ways in other places on the board, won't the server load be the same in the end? :erm:

dont worry about the server load stuff, thats irrelevant really and be factored in to future decisions on the board unless for some reason we suffer some sort of budgeting crisis.

a lot of love boat stuff would work in the social groups? have many people experimented with that? they've never really got used much, i can think of a few reasons why but i expected them to be embaced more than they were.

dont worry about the server load stuff, thats irrelevant really and be factored in to future decisions on the board unless for some reason we suffer some sort of budgeting crisis.

a lot of love boat stuff would work in the social groups? have many people experimented with that? they've never really got used much, i can think of a few reasons why but i expected them to be embaced more than they were.

I guess I personally find that it's just difficult to talk to people in the social groups, mostly as you're unable to quote others, which kind of confuses interaction. It's like the rest of the board, but stripped of the useful functions! You could in theory move the loveboats there, but it would be then exactly the same as it is now, only less practical and more difficult for people to actually use, so i'd personally argue it would be a bit pointless!

I guess I personally find that it's just difficult to talk to people in the social groups, mostly as you're unable to quote others, which kind of confuses interaction. It's like the rest of the board, but stripped of the useful functions! You could in theory move the loveboats there, but it would be then exactly the same as it is now, only less practical and more difficult for people to actually use, so i'd personally argue it would be a bit pointless!

yeah i was hoping that the combination of social groups and profile messaging would be enough to render the love boat obselete (as i like things to make semantic sense) but there's no point forcing that if they're sub standard in use to regular posting, i hope there's software updates soon that will improve them soon.

I can't help that I find Mark attractive. :phu:

This argument is silly anyway...there used to be loveboats for non-members, like David Tennant, but then THAT got deleted by mods. So to say that the loveboats are supposed to be for anything, not just Musers, is invalid since the mods don't let people make boats for non-Musers anyway!

Yeaa well we have other areas to do all that

- bands

- media

- muse

etc etc. So that makes sense.

I have always thought the love boat was pointless.. but mehh, its just my opinion

I know sometimes I didn't get that either but it's just the reaction I get from posting in several parts of the board. You just get different vibes. It may be obvious that I have had issues with certain parts of the board and just find it difficult to post because if I get a certain vibe I just don't feel comfortable. And lately it has become more evident and I'm gradually lowering my post count :rolleyes:

+1...

sometimes i just dont wanna post cause I know I'm just gonna get shut down.

Everyone on heres a comedian :rolleyes:

Guest Fluffy the Conqueror

Just as posting to some parts of the board is more comfortable to you, many of us find the loveboats more comfortable. It's all just random discussion... just different threads and people.

And yeah if the updates make the social groups better that would kick ass. It'd probably be weird getting used to, but it'd be nice going to the same thread as opposed to having to jump between several loveboat threads simultaneously to hold a conversation. Still, they might consequently end up moving too fast to follow with all the concentrated action.

What I've always liked about the loveboat threads is that a note someone leaves you a day earlier can still be easily found and responded to, which doesn't work so well in banter.

But... if everyone keeps posting the same amount, but simply does it in other ways in other places on the board, won't the server load be the same in the end? :erm:

inorite. That's what I was thinking too. Stop the hate. Embrace the love... boat. :cool::LOL:

i like the loveboats mainly for one thing and thats how friendly it is

*waits to be flamed by the mods and banter-types*

i don't like banter i have one thread in there that shouldn't even be in there (muse family anyone??) and it should be in loveboat.

banter i don't like for several reasons:

A) banter wankers; on the rare occasions i have posted in various threads in banter i have either been ignored and/or flamed because i was a main muser.

B) it moves to bloody fast; when the non-stop muser orgy got cruelly locked and we were told we couldn't have it any more i tried the banter thread. i just couldn't keep up with the thread pace it's bloody ridiculus i tell you.

C)it's hostile; like what tash said , it just doesn't feel comfortable in there especially if your posting for the first time and your a regular in another section (i find banter is more hostile to main musers).:confused:

D)B33F; enough said. theres too much b33f in banter the times i do go in thers always bitching going on:rolleyes:.

loveboats calmer more friendlier and relaxed, theres very little bitching going on conversations are easier to keep up with between friends, the atmosphere is completely different.

i know what your going to say : its the internet deal with it go out get a life,

but this board means so much to me as i said in a thread earlier :

same here, was a completely different person when i joined but being on this board has really helped me make new friends and do stuff i would never have dreamed of doing before, such as going to the northern UK muser meetup for the first time this year. fucking nerve racking as i was meeting people i only new online for the first time but i really boosted my confidence to do it again.

when i'm having a shitty time or me and john have had an argument i come on here and talk about it (ok i admit i'm a bit of a moaner but it helps).

when my mum kicked me out of home last september i spent alot of time on here talking about it to help me through what had happened and the same with what happened over my landlord too.

this boards ACE dudes and dudettes :D

i have read several such posts over time too so go figure :)

/rant

say what you want i needed that off my chest

When I first came to the board I posted mainly in Main Muse and the PMT and stuff and then I went to banter and I didn't feel like I was ignored or anything :erm:

I like the loveboat though, it lets me talk to people who I wouldn't necessarily talk to on the parts of the board I post in but I'm still mates with :)

I am FED UP with this "omg, mods and banterwankers vs the world" attitude. It's only shared by one small group of people, one clique (there I said it) who bring this up every fucking time there's a debate about the layout of the board's forums. Us mods have spent most of this year reorganising things, trying to make this place good for everyone, and you're still going on about this Muse vs Not Muse 'war' that never even existed in the first place. AARGH.

A) banter wankers; on the rare occasions i have posted in various threads in banter i have either been ignored and/or flamed because i was a main muser.

REPORT THE POST THEN. And have a look at the forum layout - There is no such THING as 'main Muse' anymore.

B) it moves to bloody fast; when the non-stop muser orgy got cruelly locked and we were told we couldn't have it any more i tried the banter thread. i just couldn't keep up with the thread pace it's bloody ridiculus i tell you.

It's not like chat, it doesn't disappear forever if you don't read it all! It stays up there for you to catch up. And you can subscribe to threads if you're worried you're going to miss something.

C)it's hostile; like what tash said , it just doesn't feel comfortable in there especially if your posting for the first time and your a regular in another section (i find banter is more hostile to main musers).

Again, this is PRECISELY what the report button is for. We do not allow unnecessary hostility towards people in that area, and if it was that bad, how come there's a whole new set of people in there all the time? If we were really all a bunch of 'wankers', why are there new people coming in all the time and making friends?

I'm sorry to have a go but when I moved all those threads from Main Muse a few months ago into Banter the idea was not to piss people off or to make the place look nice, it was to stop this pathetic MainMuse/NonMuse divide. And for the most part it worked; tens of people integrated nicely, made some awesome new friends and have been to meet ups and everything. Everyone's happy apart from you lot, who insist on being different and special and hiding out in the Love Boat. You're like a bunch of old locals in an old pub, sitting in the same corner, whinging about changes. Never mind keeping the Love Boat/not keeping the Love Boat, why are you even on the board? Why not make your own forum? Why not chat on MSN?

Blimey.

When I first came to the board I posted mainly in Main Muse and the PMT and stuff and then I went to banter and I didn't feel like I was ignored or anything :erm:

I like the loveboat though, it lets me talk to people who I wouldn't necessarily talk to on the parts of the board I post in but I'm still mates with :)

;) Thanks Ro. :D This is one fine example of how new people are accepted into the group. It's no DIFFERENT IN BANTER THAN IT IS ANYWHERE ELSE ON THE BOARD. I know that some people will never give it a try because they're all so fucking biased. The whole thing RILES ME, it really does. When it comes down to it I just don't get how you can write off getting to know such a diverse, fun group of people just because ":'( someone might tease meee 'cause I talked about Muse once".

And yeah, while I do think it's a bit unnessary, I have also been quite fond of the Love Boat at times. I've had many a good chat in there, when it's quiet elsewhere I'll dive in and see who's about spreading the love. :D

Nothing rules more than Other Bands though, that shit's the mac daddy

Gemsy I totally 100% know what you mean in reply to Colly's post. I have become an excessive poster in Banter so I don't feel any of this "Oh I get ignored.. I feel different because I'm a whatever muser" I've never been dedicated to one part of the board. I've made way through all of them.. it's just lately things have got.. weird. Some people notice others don't. I used to be oblivious but I have started to notice things which just annoy me a little bit so I just step out of the way and come back to see if its still there. It's just with Love Boat we never had any of that until recently but we won't go into that. I dunno how to explain it. As Monkey said it's just vibes really. I guess my opnion isn't important anyway

Yeah, I understand about 'vibes'. I get it, and it's fair enough to stay out of it if you don't fancy it. I'm just sick of hearing this 'banter wanker' malarkey after everything that's gone on in the last couple of years, all the meetups and Muse gigs we've all been to, and there's still this beef going on.

Archived