aye thanks

I still don't get the shitting on revolt though :D

I defector is actually my least favourite of the entire album so far

aftermath sounds really cheesy but it is still okay

well let's hope my hype for the globalist will not be disapointed

if it is I will set fire to the rain

:LOL:

Only according to Matt; the protagonist after escaping ascends and falls during that track becoming the evil he was trying to avoid. The "second narrative" is necessarily linked to the first and I think there really only is one story. The segues alone should make that obvious

Did you read all that the person was saying? I was responding to everything they were saying as a whole. And Matt says that the main story runs from Dead Inside through Aftermath, with The Globalist and Drones as a sort of possible outcome. He said he likes the ambiguity of not knowing whether it ends well for him or not.

Wow. Revolt. One thing to say. YOU CAN GROW!

I think it is okay

but why the heck did they decide that defector is worth to be more than a b-track :LOL:

okay drones gets a pass since the flow from the globalist into it is nice

I like psycho btw

You make it sound like 99% of people are aware of and can hear audible distortion due to clipping. No matter how bad audiophiles make clipping seem, it's not as obvious as mixing problems and it certainly doesn't make music unlistenable.

Listen to the start of The Globalist and tell me the clipping isn't obvious on all the whistling parts.

Listen to the start of The Globalist and tell me the clipping isn't obvious on all the whistling parts.

wait are you talking about the chairs and boxes matt threw around the room to add some different sound during the whisteling?

Mini Review

Dead Inside - 6/10 A grower, starts the album off in a bizarrely effective manner.

Psycho - 6/10 A riff so cool you'll play it, loudly; but you know deep down it's shit.

Mercy - 4/10 The Starlight sequel no-one needed, with worse lyrics.

Reapers - 9/10 Banger. A couple of hokey lines and unecessary robot voice away from a 10.

The Handler - 10/10 A classic already. Has a deliciously dark sound not heard since Fury.

Defector - 6/10 Muse songs of late always walk the line between cool and totally lame. Never has a track been as aggressively both at once. It kinda, sort of works?

Revolt - 3/10 Sounds like that generic pop music you hear in Poundland. Offensively inoffensive.

Aftermath - 3/10 This song starts out really strong but nose dives off a cliff. It makes you beg for it to end before it finally does the polite thing and die.

The Globalist - 7/10 Exceeds its grasp but has many nice turns.

Drones - 4/10 At least twice as long as it should be, it's novel but becomes dull very quickly.

5.8/10. Not great, better than 2nd Law, and there's 2 songs that I genuinely love on here.

wait are you talking about the chairs and boxes matt threw around the room to add some different sound during the whisteling?

Nah. :D

It's normally a result of how the track is mastered... or hopefully in the case of the leak, whoever ripped the audio did a bad job.

I saw in Twitter that Kerrang magazine gave the album a 5/5 score. Maybe this album will be reviewed better than I expected (not because I'm think it's bad, I actually like it a lot). I'm diying to see the Pitchfork review, it's always a funny reading :happy:

I saw in Twitter that Kerrang magazine gave the album a 5/5 score. Maybe this album will be reviewed better than I expected (not because I'm think it's bad, I actually like it a lot). I'm diying to see the Pitchfork review, it's always a funny reading :happy:

It'll get a 5.8/10, and called better than T2L.