Agreed. On the 2nd listen, I think Aftermath is pretty fucking awesome. The guitar work and solo are top notch. Is this the first "proper" ballad Muse have done since Falling Away With You?

Also the ending guitar makes me remember Blackout. Plus the Falling Down vibe I've been getting since the beggining

They stepped in with Soaked?? That song was amazing. Better than at least 70% of the stuff that has made it to the last 3 albums.

I remember Matt saying Dom stepped in and said its not Muse and he's thankful to have him and Chris there to stop him when he goes too far.

They stepped in with Soaked?? That song was amazing. Better than at least 70% of the stuff that has made it to the last 3 albums.

Yeah, Matt said in an interview Chris thought it was an Elton John song, or something like that.

I'm honestly always a bit surprised that Matt doesn't take more control than he apparently does; I mean, he's still (rightfully) bitching about Fury all these years later. :chuckle:

I remember Matt saying Dom stepped in and said its not Muse and he's thankful to have him and Chris there to stop him when he goes too far.

lol. So that wasn't Musey enough back during Black Holes era and they didn't say a word after everything shite that came from TR and on. Big Freeze, NSC, Explorers, Revolt is the biggest offender, Madness. I can go on and on.

lol. So that wasn't Musey enough back during Black Holes era and they didn't say a word after everything shite that came from TR and on. Big Freeze, NSC, Explorers, Revolt is the biggest offender, Madness. I can go on and on.

I wonder if Dom and Chris regret the decision of saying no to Soaked? There's only so many times you can reject Matts songs. Meanwhile Adam Lambert is jumping up and down cos he got Soaked instead of Revolt.

If Revolt ends up being the next single over The Handler I'm going to have to hide. TH is perfect, just snip a bit off the solo for the radio and it'll make a perfect return to form for Muse for the general public.

This. If they release revolt as the next single I will never mention muse again in front of anyone :LOL:, it'd be way too embarasing