Isolated System is alright but it really bores me after a while. Plus for me the clear Tubular Bells sound from it takes a little bit away from it. I'd definitely say Reapers and Exo (and MK Ultra obv) are the best things Muse have done since BHAR, for me.

This, so much

Isolated System is alright but it really bores me after a while. Plus for me the clear Tubular Bells sound from it takes a little bit away from it. I'd definitely say Reapers and Exo (and MK Ultra obv) are the best things Muse have done since BHAR, for me.

Reapers is definitely imo their best track since BHaR and is better than a lot of that album (Map, TaB and Hoodoo aside)

4/8 actually i think :p but yeah while isolated system doesn't do much for me, hoodoo is an amazing song

wonder if they'll further experiment with polymeters on drones

The Resistance ended up being far better live - Uprising, USoE, MK, US, IBTY all sound so much better live. Agree that Resistance isn't great as a song btw, drags so much

Ah yeah, you're right on that!

Yeah, can't wait to hear rhythmic technicalities in Drones! What I'm talking about would include: polymeters, polyrhythms (not too fussed on these - more of an African or Tool thing anyway), time signature changes, odd time signatures.

Ah yeah, you're right on that!

Yeah, can't wait to hear rhythmic technicalities in Drones! What I'm talking about would include: polymeters, polyrhythms (not too fussed on these - more of an African or Tool thing anyway), time signature changes, odd time signatures.

a song in 5/4 would be cool, loved the 5/4 parts of animals and it tends to be a fun time signature

a song in 5/4 would be cool, loved the 5/4 parts of animals and it tends to be a fun time signature

Yes, 5/4 so is!! I'd love to see Muse pull a Dream Theater and have something like 7/16 and what not. Stuff like in The Dance of Eternity.

OR even the rhythmic changes in the Munich/Varia Jam where Dom went from straight to triplet beat, and then back again, drastically changing the feel of the music through rhythm.

Would really love to hear Muse experiment more with time signatures. Not because it makes anything better, but because it opens up a lot of new doors to their sound. And I will never stop pointing to Pain of Salvation for inspiration. I mean, it's overblown, dramatic and cheesy prog-rock but with focus on melody and quality rather than technical proficiency.

I'm late with the rankings but I feel left out so I'm joining in!

OoS>BH&R>Abso>Drones>TR>Showbiz>T2L

At the moment Drones hype is pushing it above TR but I see them two as equal at the moment.

On the topic of time signatures, I think Muse writing songs similar to The Dance of Eternity would work brilliantly!

I'd probably go Reapers > Dead Inside = Mercy > Psycho at the moment.

I might like Psycho without the background speaking parts.

Even if I can't hear "Your ass belongs to me now" without imagining Matt having bought a donkey at some kind of farm market.

tumblr_ng1gewL1A51u544jio8_500.jpg

It gives a distinctly rural feeling to the song, haha!

The ass thing must be America rubbing off on him (and military films)... I don't think anyone here thinks "donkey" when we hear "ass."

(And interestingly, Matt showed on a radio program that he's not ENTIRELY sure what an ass actually is...)

Is the album supposed to make me like, actually start being really concerned about Drones...cause it's working. :confused:

I would say this depends on what area of the world you live in...

It's so frustrating that I don't get home until the 19th of June. My box set is just going to be sitting there...waiting for me. At least I'll have the digital downloads to listen to.

Mine will get dropped off when I'm at work all day, and I'll be pretty happy if one of my cunts of neighbors doesn't steal it off my porch, like about 1/4 of my Amazon orders. :mad: