This would have been enough of a downer for me personally even without all the tech failures.

No amount of gimmicks would lessen the impact of seeing the bands backs during the climax of a song or a solo.

I'm not impressed with someone skipping in a circle while playing.

Eh, it happened during T2L too with the half circular stage, didn't it? I think people are blowing up a lot of little things into bigger problems than they really are.

I'm not impressed with someone skipping in a circle while playing.

Yes, really!

Compared to all that skipping, the Plug In Baby dance looks like something from the Bolshoi.

A few pages back somebody made a joke about the U2 song Vertigo. I'm surprised that Matt and Chris don't have attacks of Vertigo themselves after running around on a revolving stage for almost 2 hours. :confused:

Eh, it happened during T2L too with the half circular stage, didn't it? I think people are blowing up a lot of little things into bigger problems than they really are.

You may be right. Most of the issues are little things. But so many little things cumulatively end up being a great big thing.

You may be right. Most of the issues are little things. But so many little things cumulatively end up being a great big thing.

That's true, especially if zero drones were working and crashing into the audience. That's a big thing. :LOL: But band performance wise, I didn't think it was a big deal that I was looking at Matt's back on occasion. There were plenty of opportunities for face time with all of the band members with this stage setup. So while you might not get him at the climax of one particular song, it would happen for others.

I don't really remember seeing the back of anyone during T2L?

I've just done center stage stuff before, and it's always been something I've hated. Really takes me out of the performance and makes everything feel super impersonal.

From the vids, it looks like Muse spends too much time trying to hit the angles and make cues, and I imagine that's not great for spontinaity, either.

I've just done center stage stuff before, and it's always been something I've hated. Really takes me out of the performance and makes everything feel super impersonal..

Are you going to any of the shows on this tour? For what it's worth, I had the exact same concerns that you did going into the show, I don't like 360 stages, concerts in the round, etc., and I really didn't expect to enjoy this setup, but somehow they actually did things right and made it very accessible. Although there are a shitload of tech problems, the band themselves do a great job performance wise. There was almost too much closeness to the band from the floor. Felt like I could reach out and touch them a few times, and felt awkward with eye contact quite often. :$ I felt like there was so much more distance during T2L. Although that stage setup was pretty straightforward while still looking cool, I didn't like the physical distance from the stage and they played so far in the back for most of the show. I think once you see the Drones stage in person, you'll change your mind a bit.

Are you going to any of the shows on this tour? For what it's worth, I had the exact same concerns that you did going into the show, I don't like 360 stages, concerts in the round, etc., and I really didn't expect to enjoy this setup, but somehow they actually did things right and made it very accessible. Although there are a shitload of tech problems, the band themselves do a great job performance wise. There was almost too much closeness to the band from the floor. Felt like I could reach out and touch them a few times, and felt awkward with eye contact quite often. :$ I felt like there was so much more distance during T2L. Although that stage setup was pretty straightforward while still looking cool, I didn't like the physical distance from the stage and they played so far in the back for most of the show. I think once you see the Drones stage in person, you'll change your mind a bit.

I still have tickets (to two shows...) but likely no, I won't be going.

Too much hassle involved, and with the technical issues and my hang ups going in, I'm afraid I'd just be upset and disappointed. We'll lose money on the flights, but we'd lose more not going to work, and we can use the flight credits to maybe go back to Denver and actually go hiking and to Casa Bonita this time. :chuckle:

Plus, I made the mistake of getting GA thinking my health... er, issue would improve, and now I wouldn't be able to queue, which I assume would be a HUGE problem with the stage being what it is.

Plus, I made the mistake of getting GA thinking my health... er, issue would improve, and now I wouldn't be able to queue, which I assume would be a HUGE problem with the stage being what it is.

You could be in the very "back" of the floor section anywhere in front of the circular stage and still likely be fine. The stage is supermassive (yes i went there :LOL:) - it practically takes up the whole floor. We were front row of the lower bowl section last night and still felt right there. I figure it was maybe only 10 rows of people standing between us and the stage? Way different than if you were at the back of an end stage GA show.

Despite the comical malfunctions of some show aspects, I feel like this really is a great production. My major complaints are the setlist (how/why were they mixing things up more in the first few shows?) and crowd reactions. Seeing most of the Joe lose their shit when they started Resistance last night was an eye-opening experience for me. That's the people they're pandering to.

I think that would be my concern - if I'd have to show up right at door opening time, wouldn't the 10 "rows" around the center be completely filled up by the time I got in, and I'd be stuck on the obstructed view wings?

I really wasn't planning on being permanently disabled when I bought those tickets.

Nah. Some people said they got there at 7 and still got 3rd row. It's usually pretty empty when the opener starts too.

Nah. Some people said they got there at 7 and still got 3rd row. It's usually pretty empty when the opener starts too.

I guess that doesn't sound too bad, really... However, Casa Bonita *does* have dive shows and a guy dressed up like a gorilla. :chuckle:

Probably not that far off from the next Muse tour...

I had a really bad experience in Denver, being about 7 people from the stage WAY off to the left side, almost near the wall, with people not letting me back into my spot after the opener, separating me from my bf, so I'm rather nervous, tbh, now that I have unpredictable bathroom needs.

I feel like a 100 year old... :'(

I guess that doesn't sound too bad, really... However, Casa Bonita *does* have dive shows and a guy dressed up like a gorilla. :chuckle:

Probably not that far off from the next Muse tour...

I had a really bad experience in Denver, being about 7 people from the stage WAY off to the left side, almost near the wall, with people not letting me back into my spot after the opener, separating me from my bf, so I'm rather nervous, tbh, now that I have unpredictable bathroom needs.

I feel like a 100 year old... :'(

Aww, maybe trade for seats? The theatrics are better from the seats anyhow!

Aww, maybe trade for seats? The theatrics are better from the seats anyhow!

I actually plan to see if any of the VIP or StubHub stuff goes cheap at the last minute and try and score some good seats. Right now it's down to the stuff on the points, and I'm sure that's not all that exciting not being able to see the curtains.

I should say the Denver story had a happy ending (for me,) as inexplicably the same people who said "move your meat, lose your seat" when I went pee went for beers right at the start of the set, and it did not end well for them. :chuckle:

Although some older woman did punch me in the kidneys.

I think that would be my concern - if I'd have to show up right at door opening time, wouldn't the 10 "rows" around the center be completely filled up by the time I got in, and I'd be stuck on the obstructed view wings?

I think if you go around the stage to the opposite side of the room once you're let in, you'll be fine. Everyone at the Chicago show stayed on the side of the stage closest to the entrance. Maybe 4 or 5 rows of people were there once I got in. I went around the stage and got barrier right near the center of the circle, I was surprised. We were all under the assumption that doors opened at 6 and I got in line at 5:45. I don't think many people even realized it was a 360 stage.

Tbh even being 10 or 15 rows back would still be a decent view and you could probably appreciate the visuals a bit more too.

Seeing most of the Joe lose their shit when they started Resistance last night was an eye-opening experience for me. That's the people they're pandering to.

A girl a couple rows in front of us gleefully exclaimed "Oooo...It's Resistance!" just as I was thinking "Oh, it's Resistance".

For better or worse, it did get the crowd hopping for a bit.

TBH, I would rather take a shit song that everybody is jumping like crazy about and singing along to, than an amazing rarity that nobody even recognizes or cares about. That's kinda hard to say but it's the truth. :LOL: A concert just isn't enjoyable for me if I can't see anyone jumping more than me. :p

To be fair she's the only person here who's still complaining about a stage set up she hasn't even seen yet in person :rolleyes:

To be fair she's the only person here who's still complaining about a stage set up she hasn't even seen yet in person :rolleyes:

I'm still not a fan of the whole setup either. And there's nothing wrong with having a preconception about these things. It's not like either of us are saying it's definitely outright shit, we're saying it looks like there's things we wouldn't like.

I'm still not a fan of the whole setup either. And there's nothing wrong with having a preconception about these things. It's not like either of us are saying it's definitely outright shit, we're saying it looks like there's things we wouldn't like.

Definitely not wrong to have a preconception of something, but to (read someone) harp on about it every time the opportunity arises gets old. Everything also just feels more pointless knowing the band doesn't really give a shit what any of us really think at the end of the day. Unfortunate, but I wish it wasn't true. Otherwise, I'd join in too.