Wow, Map still packs a hell of a punch live. Hope it stays around.

Love or hate U2, they certainly know how to make a setlist that covers their entire career. Muse could learn a lot in that regard. This current tour had such potential, it's frustrating how little effort they need to put in to greatly improve things. Sadly, I don't think Europe is going to be the turn around people are hoping for.

I'm still pretty pissed off about Chicago getting announced so far off the rest of the dates.

Flights are still super, super cheap and I'd have only needed to miss one day of work.

Going to be cold as balls, though.

So, you've finally decided to go to see them?

And how's the weather situation there (there must be a lot of snow, I suppose)?

EDIT: Oh, my... I've just realised that I've made the 6,666th reply to this thread.

Edited by MartianSpaghettiRider

I'm more still just moaning. :chuckle: I still have tickets to Philly, but it's a huge hassle, and I think the bf and I decided it's not worth it.

If Chicago had been announced even a handful of days earlier, I could have gotten the day off work and only missed the one; as it is, Weds is the ONE day a week I need someone to cover if I'm not there, so I can't go running off or anything.

Seemed like an awful lot of the gigs were on Weds. :noey:

I think it's a little warmer in Chicago, but probably not much. Was -6F here yesterday, snowed the days before, and now there's a nice terrifying layer of ice over the snow. :chuckle:

I'm more still just moaning. :chuckle: I still have tickets to Philly, but it's a huge hassle, and I think the bf and I decided it's not worth it.

If Chicago had been announced even a handful of days earlier, I could have gotten the day off work and only missed the one; as it is, Weds is the ONE day a week I need someone to cover if I'm not there, so I can't go running off or anything.

Seemed like an awful lot of the gigs were on Weds. :noey:

I think it's a little warmer in Chicago, but probably not much. Was -6F here yesterday, snowed the days before, and now there's a nice terrifying layer of ice over the snow. :chuckle:

I could only imagine the delusion about the hasty and "half-baked" tour-de-force this US Tour has been by now, with the late announcements and gig re-scheduling piling problems upon problems for those who, like you, wanted to attend a gig of theirs.

And the polar weather is just the... icing on the cake (talk about the irony).

I could only imagine the delusion about the hasty and "half-baked" tour-de-force this US Tour has been by now, with the late announcements and gig re-scheduling piling problems upon problems for those who, like you, wanted to attend a gig of theirs.

And the polar weather is just the... icing on the cake (talk about the irony).

Captain Logic suggests that since it's less extreme weather in Europe, and lots of major cities are all close together and accessible with public transport then you do Europe in Nov/Dec/Jan/Feb then go to the US when it's a bit more maneagable.

Seems to me like these US gigs are just warming up for the big Europe run.

Captain Logic suggests that since it's less extreme weather in Europe, and lots of major cities are all close together and accessible with public transport then you do Europe in Nov/Dec/Jan/Feb then go to the US when it's a bit more maneagable.

You can't know what the winter is going to be like on either side of the planet sufficiently far beforehand to decide that though, y'know. It's not like trains manage with winter very well either.

It's chance (and probably related to climate change) that larger parts of Europe are so far "enjoying" a lame excuse of a winter. AGAIN. But it's by no means a regularity. It's not so far back that we had -20°C over a while in the middle of Europe.

Maybe it would be a better idea to just not tour at all in winter. Maybe do something like southern hemisphere in their summer/spring and northern in theirs. Win for all.

Maybe they should've done like that, like they've always done (I think). Using an entire leg to test everything in the circus it's a bit unfair towards the fans attending those gigs.

You can't know what the winter is going to be like on either side of the planet sufficiently far beforehand to decide that though, y'know. It's not like trains manage with winter very well either.

It's chance (and probably related to climate change) that larger parts of Europe are so far "enjoying" a lame excuse of a winter. AGAIN. But it's by no means a regularity. It's not so far back that we had -20°C over a while in the middle of Europe.

Maybe it would be a better idea to just not tour at all in winter. Maybe do something like southern hemisphere in their summer/spring and northern in theirs. Win for all.

It's never going to be -20°C in the UK, France, Spain etc though.

I don't think there's anywhere else large enough... I know some large bands play in the AECC but i don't think it's big enough

I agree on the aspect of arenas. Was surprised that on the Psycho Tour they didn't go for somewhere else, at least Edinburgh.

It's never going to be -20°C in the UK, France, Spain etc though.

UK possible, Spain possible, France - dunno but it was in Germany, and since that shares a border with France...

There's no point in touring only parts of Europe in the winter though. I think touring worldwide during slightly warmer times is still the best idea. No need for garderobes.

UK possible, Spain possible, France - dunno but it was in Germany, and since that shares a border with France...

There's no point in touring only parts of Europe in the winter though. I think touring worldwide during slightly warmer times is still the best idea. No need for garderobes.

Can't speak for Germany but October - February seems to be indoor gig season here.

The midwestern US has had a really light winter so far this year as well. I'm in Michigan and we have the first snow on the ground here today since a relatively heavy snow storm back in early November. Definitely cold out there today though.