Was just watching that Rockslide gig and [JFK] into Uprising is so jarring. Does anyone think they'll make Defector a staple soon and if so will they add it or replace something?

European sets are generally longer than NA ones so I guess Defector will slot in after JFK and before Reapers.

European sets are generally longer than NA ones so I guess Defector will slot in after JFK and before Reapers.

I personally hope my gig will have Reapers right after the Drones opening, like in the first American gigs. I found ingenious the exploiting of the last choral note in Drones for the Reapers beat and guitar feedbacks and scratches to take off and properly start the show.

I personally hope my gig will have Reapers right after the Drones opening, like in the first American gigs. I found ingenious the exploiting of the last choral note in Drones for the Reapers beat and guitar feedbacks and scratches to take off and properly start the show.

That makes sense. Don't know why they changed it

Regarding the weather... it's not really about a pissing contest about where it COULD be freezing... it's just, why wouldn't you play in places that *might* be cold (if you absolutely have to tour this time of year) instead of places where it's *always* below freezing this time of year.

Exactly, it's not a pissing contest. :LOL:

So, wouldn't it just be the best if they avoided winter in general in all places that on average actually HAVE a winter, regardless of how "bad" people think/data show it is - if it usually gets freezing during a time, and there can be snow, don't tour.

My work isn't letting me take the morning off, so I'm just wondering, if I'm there at 12:45, a) How long will the line be? And b) what sort of spots could I get (I don't have VIP). I'm in the cold of TO, so hoping slightly less than Cali.

I got there around 11:30am for staples, got #67 and ended up with a great spot on rail near the center circle. It was supposed to rain in the afternoon, so it may have thinned the line a bit. Didn't rain til 5. And only a few more people came up behind me between 1-3pm. I think you'll be good. :yesey:

Obviously, they tour "the world" this time of year to keep the summers available for outdoor stadiums in Europe. The problem with weather is that you really never know what to expect. Last week, people were worried about the San Diego gig because of rain and flooding. You wouldn't be able to tour the southeast during hurricane season, the midwest during tornado season, the central to northeast during the winter, etc. And that's just the US.

I'd rather see a summer show in a nice outdoor venue than drive to Detroit in January but it is what it is. That said, I'm not sure about the wisdom behind scheduling back to back nights in Chicago and Detroit. I live halfway between the two cities and the weather is not bad today. Hopefully, everything goes according to plan.

The Chicago to Detroit drive is tonight right?

How late do we think that gig will start?

not really related, but having the shows back-to-back means there's near zero chance the band will be spotted out in the wild post-gig, since have they have to scurry onto their private jet to get to Detroit.

with this elaborate set, if there's any setback in the drive, maybe there could be problem in Detroit, but that's just speculation. by now the crew is expert at tear down and set up of the NA version, and the Joe has the floor space, but I can't remember their center scoreboard, if it's extra massive or folds out of the way or needs to be taken down manually.

I just hope all the hurrying up doesn't trim the Chicago setlist at all :eek: last tour/s some venues only got 15 songs while others got 18 (if I remember right)

I just hope all the hurrying up doesn't trim the Chicago setlist at all :eek: last tour/s some venues only got 15 songs while others got 18 (if I remember right)

It's been a consistent 17 so far, can't see them trimming it now. I imagine they'd just delay the gig if needs be, like they did with some gigs a couple of weeks ago.

the Joe has the floor space, but I can't remember their center scoreboard, if it's extra massive or folds out of the way or needs to be taken down manually.

The scoreboard at the Joe an old piece of crap, certainly compared to the huge high tech boards in some of the newer arenas. I wondered if the score boards at some arenas deterred them from scheduling gigs at those places. I know that the one at the Pepsi Center in Denver is massive, stretching from blue line to blue line during hockey games.

For the record, the Red Wings don't play at home tonight. I wonder if they've managed to take the scoreboard down already.

I got there around 11:30am for staples, got #67 and ended up with a great spot on rail near the center circle. It was supposed to rain in the afternoon, so it may have thinned the line a bit. Didn't rain til 5. And only a few more people came up behind me between 1-3pm. I think you'll be good. :yesey:

Did you have VIP? Or regular tickets? How many entrances were there and where were you in comparison to entrance?

Did you have VIP? Or regular tickets? How many entrances were there and where were you in comparison to entrance?

I had regular tickets for that show, so I guess that makes my #67 more like #100 and something. There were a bunch of entrances (VIP had a separate one), but only one dedicated to regular GA that had four doors. When we came in we were facing the side that had the sound desk on the right side. That side filled up pretty quickly, so we went around to the other side and there were a lot less people there. There's only one point where you can walk around to the other side, the other point is blocked off as that connects to the backstage area where they release the big huge drone balloon, etc.

The scoreboard at the Joe an old piece of crap, certainly compared to the huge high tech boards in some of the newer arenas. I wondered if the score boards at some arenas deterred them from scheduling gigs at those places. I know that the one at the Pepsi Center in Denver is massive, stretching from blue line to blue line during hockey games.

For the record, the Red Wings don't play at home tonight. I wonder if they've managed to take the scoreboard down already.

I thought I saw some tweets or similar that said there were technical issues with size and placement of these center scoreboards, as one of the factors for changing some shows middle of the tour.

Just comparing the scoreboards at Pepsi Center (1st 2 pictures) to Joe Louis Arena (3rd picture), it's pretty easy to see that some arenas would present a much larger undertaking to set up this show.

I have no idea what it involves to dismantle that larger board but I can't imagine that it lowers down and out of the way too readily.

20131231_171500.thumb.jpg.178f55bbef363565e774a70f5629f597.jpg

DSC01691.thumb.jpg.91de363db4a1ada6bac71f8203061d40.jpg

20150131_135845.thumb.jpg.a6d89ad1afcc7e29c8912345031d1cfc.jpg

They're at least designed to come down for repairs and replacements; I'm sure it's just a colossal pain in the ass.

The scoreboards can typically be lowered down as you said or raised up to the rafters. It would just depend on what was required for set-up space on the floor, lighting, sound systems..and to accommodate flying drone-like objects.

Stepped outside to mail a bill earlier, and actually sort of glad for the first time that the Chicago show was announced after my work schedule came out.

Way too fucking cold.

yeah I don't care how old/ young you are. it is nearly dangerous for a healthy person to be out in this for that long, much less someone ill, with asthma, etc

I hope the band and management realize don't f*cking do upwards of the mason dixon line in the f*cking winter! :noey: although maybe the west coast with the pacific warm air and all

Does anyone know if they have been selling the Drones vinyl at the merch booth? Or if there is merch sold before doors open outside the doors as well as in the venue?

haven't been to as many gigs as other folks, but the only time I saw merch physically outside the venue was at Wembley .... I haven't been to every venue they've been to tho so maybe there's a few like that? I would only trust official merch on their online store or inside or maybe a old-fashioned record shop

Does anyone know if they have been selling the Drones vinyl at the merch booth? Or if there is merch sold before doors open outside the doors as well as in the venue?

Going from past arena tours in the UK, I'd say no to both. Obviously that could be different in the US for all I know, though I don't see why it'd change.

Edit: Pretty sure none of the bands I've seen in arenas have sold merch outside the venue actually, it's always inside from my experience (not counting the blatantly shifty people who sell shirts and posters from rugs on the pavement). Stadiums are a different story though, obvs. Jack White's the only person I've seen flogging vinyl as well.

Edited by Jobby