Participate in new single reaction video compilation?

crazydays

In the Muse sub-topic at reddit.com, the idea to record reaction videos to hearing Muse's upcoming single (Psycho/Drones) for the very first time is caching on. Does this sound fun/interesting to anyone else here? Someone else has also offered to edit the reactions into a compilation type thing with the song.

Respond if you're interested, a discussion thread is also located on reddit here. I'm totally down if you guys are:

There's a chance that the single will come out this Thursday the 6th on Zane Lowe's last show.

Is your reaction still included if you find the song shit?

I don't know, there's just so much hype (The artistic director of the Music Video literally called the album a 'game changer for humanity'. That's just stupid, the amount of hype is ridiculous.) I think whether it's disappointment or satisfaction it'd be funny to see how it actually sits with people. Personally I'm expecting to be underwhelmed.

Edited by crazydays

These things are always so awkward because it's obvious that the people involved exaggerate their reactions for laughs.

*screams because of song breakdown*

*gets attention*

I've never actually seen a reaction video to a song (is it even a thing?) but I'd hope that we wouldn't do that... especially since listening to the actual song should be taking up anyone's attention more than mugging.

I've never actually seen a reaction video to a song (is it even a thing?) but I'd hope that we wouldn't do that... especially since listening to the actual song should be taking up anyone's attention more than mugging.

I'm of the opinion that a reaction video to the music video (song included, as a first listen type deal) would be perfect. Considering the hype and everything you mentioned, it probably wouldn't be as interesting to just do it to the song

I'm of the opinion that a reaction video to the music video (song included, as a first listen type deal) would be perfect. Considering the hype and everything you mentioned, it probably wouldn't be as interesting to just do it to the song

Sweet and yeah good point, I'm just not sure that the video and the song will come out at the same time. If it's just the song first, I won't be able to not listen to it.

I say first time hearing or seeing the song/video, record it if you feel like it (even if it's just to see your own pure disappointment/joy in your eyes as it comes), and then we'll see if we want to do anything with the clips/share anything. At least that way we'll have it.

Sweet and yeah good point, I'm just not sure that the video and the song will come out at the same time. If it's just the song first, I won't be able to not listen to it.

I say first time hearing or seeing the song/video, record it if you feel like it (even if it's just to see your own pure disappointment/joy in your eyes as it comes), and then we'll see if we want to do anything with the clips/share anything. At least that way we'll have it.

Have faith, good man. I think they will. You should do this too if it ends up this way, so you'll at least have something initial to work with!

It's definitely a thing. There was one for Unsustainable and/or Survival and it was so bad.

Have faith, good man. I think they will. You should do this too if it ends up this way, so you'll at least have something initial to work with!

Oh I definitely will.

And that's interesting, I had no idea it had been done before. To be fair I can imagine most of the reactions to Unsustainable and Survival might have been pretty iffy

aladeen-o.gif