I've never seen "e.g." used anywhere other than academic texts, tbh... I know the difference, I just never see anyone use them correctly.

Anyways, my feelings when I first saw that were that that was where/when he wrote the actual song. Maybe the time was a joke, maybe it was so important he remembered it.

A gig is more likely, but it's still an odd answer to a "question" about when the song was made.

Did Matt make his "tomorrow" Tweet on 3/10? I have this awful concern that he wrote it after midnight, or was mistaken on the time, and he meant Thursday...

He wrote it at 11:52 PM Tuesday UK time. But again we have more uncertainty, because is he one of those people who say "tomorrow" to refer to the period of time after one sleeps/after the sunrises, or literal "tomorrow" as the proceeding day? He might have been thinking it was midnight already.

Edited by jonisdead

Honestly I think that this was just a date given for the making of the song.

Matt Bellamy ‏@MattBellamy 13h13 hours ago

“@nisheFR: Make the most awesome riff ever made. Wait 16 years to make a song with it."there's a time and a place i.e. 9pm, Belfast, Sunday

I just thougt about this. What if he meant in reply to taking 16 years that it only took that one sunday at 9 PM in Belfast to make the song. Or I guess come up with the riff (was that the case in Belfast 16 years ago??)

pls, stahp.

He wrote it at 3 AM Wednesday UK time. But again we have more uncertainty, because is he one of those people who say "tomorrow" to refer to the period of time after one sleeps/after the sunrises, or literal "tomorrow" as the proceeding day?

I suggest you check your timezones... It was still tuesday when he tweeted that.

Edited by fabripav

So a French Muse fan account tweeted the belfast festival and they said it's a possibility...this is old news? Oui?

Prob just trying to get themselves publicity. Le sigh.

Ps. I'm in work therefore haven't read the last 20 pages.

Yeah afterwards they said they have no idea. lol.