Do muse now just feel like human drones controlled by a record label and is this record a veiled protest at the psychological abuse and reduction of musical freedom suffered at the hands of their label?

They shouldn't be under any label as far as I know. The Warner contract expired and suddenly they started playing Agitated, and other B-sides. Unless I missed something. Hope they didn't resign or with someone else.

My guess is it's online and uploading. Hence "on". Work is probably just the rest of the Muse related stuff he has to prep for the album and probably tour. Maybe we'll be getting a lucky Monday with a "surprise" single

Was thinking there is the possibility of that with the album, especially when some pop artists have done this (and have apparently done tremoundously well).

Was thinking there is the possibility of that with the album, especially when some pop artists have done this (and have apparently done tremoundously well).

Possible, I just doubt it though. If Muse were to do that I feel like they'd drop the single everyone expects then "maybe" drop the record later without an official date to be wild. But I don't feel like they're thst gutsy

Definitely, his voice sounds a little more strained these days but that's only down to the vast amounts of touring Muse have done since they started out. His range has certainly increased and he exhibits way better control over it live nowadays.

I think you need to relisten to some 2004 gigs. Matt is way less strained now. (Well chest voice at least)

Do muse now just feel like human drones controlled by a record label and is this record a veiled protest at the psychological abuse and reduction of musical freedom suffered at the hands of their label?

To tell the truth, they were always given a quite infinite amount of creative freedom in their contract. Going "pop" and eclectic, and such, has always been their choice.

The "human drones" bit is referred to psychopaths' domination over the whole world

Edited by MartianSpaghettiRider