Ah good ol' Spiders & Vinegaroons intro :happy:

Tbh, they've often done things like that with No One Knows, so I'm not surprised they started it. But.. yes, Josh seemed a bit surprised.

Yes, of course. Here's one of my favorite examples.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Y8KK8d47Sk

It's like that time Bs quoted one of his own posts - it was literally one of his posts inside another one. It's something that shouldn't work, but it doesn't make enough sense for it to NOT work either.

reece.JPG

It was more Joey's reaction that made me think it wasn't planned though. The initial pause, and then the nod of "That transition... Not bad.... for a bassist"

;)

I had forgotten about that :LOL:

While that transition didn't work for a Muse song, the question is... would it work for a QOTSA song? He might be onto something, but I have no recollection of what chord that was.

Probably an imperfect Bb5.

Also, having brought up the subject of the board wiki yesterday... I did find jon's page. Likely NSFW.

H0GX1.jpg

I also had the entire K&T page and everything linked to it, along with all images (including william turner's masterpiece) in a zip file, but I can't find it....

Probably the best one I've seen actually. Needs the PDF-1 set differently, but at least they're not using too much gain like everyone else.

Amen to that - most covers sound too fuzzy and fat, while in fact often it's way more crunchy. #esparobasound

Amen to that - most covers sound too fuzzy and fat, while in fact often it's way more crunchy. #esparobasound

:LOL: Exactly. I recall TVL actually said reverb's attempt at the sound was too distorted, and that was one of the cleaner sounding ones.

Here's my attempt. Didn't actually require 'breaking the bank' for most of the setup... actually being able to find such old and obscure gear is another story though.

[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/jamespetrow/know1nose[/soundcloud]

Nice. What are the two pedals on the top center and right? Can't say I recognize them.

My peddlebored hasn't changed a whole lot recently. Re-did it with those lava cables that can be cut custom length, but I'm either really bad at making them, or they just are a bad design.

Likely the former. :facepalm:

Nice. What are the two pedals on the top center and right? Can't say I recognize them.

My peddlebored hasn't changed a whole lot recently. Re-did it with those lava cables that can be cut custom length, but I'm either really bad at making them, or they just are a bad design.

Likely the former. :facepalm:

There's the Devi Ever Hyperion in the middle and the Adventure Audio Fuzz Peaks on the right. Both are basically different styles of muff, but the hyperion is more ripping.

I was about to build my own cables with one of those things, but man was that pricey:LOL:

that and I sure as hell don't know how the heck to make em

Maybe a long shot to ask it here, as there's so few bass players around, but I'm looking to replace the electronics in my MMJ bass.

Currently it's a mix of bartolini and (SD) basslines.

Now, I was thinking of getting Aguilar 4m and 4j-hc pickups, together with an OBP-1.

Thing is, I am not very good with combining different wiring diagrams (which I'd need to do).

The idea would be then: this for the PUs, and the on/off schematic from this.

I'm fine with either a dual volume or master volume/blend option for the pickups, and bass and treble controls.

How would I go about this?

Of course, it's a facebook memory ;) Seems like a lifetime ago.

Oh I saw it. It's Facebook official after all.

Don't forget the picture I got last year either...

18671117_10155130175235944_6511343421184341873_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=f5141b79e6671d15709fbaf87725185d&oe=5B84ACD9

It really does. I do remember that day quite well though, even though that was the worst case of jet lag I remember having.

Will be over again for two weeks in a little under a month from now if anyone's around. Already got quite a bit planned :ninja:

I knew I was doing something wrong!

I don't think they'll like my tone carpet though :facepalm: I feel like I need some stylistic wooden tiles or colorful shag carpet for anyone to notice me.

Though as @musecasters said, it's every luthier's dream to see their guitar against the tone carpet. One day Jaicen.... :ninja: