...use the whammy -1/+1 setting?

Or am i being dumb and not understanding what you’re after

No mate, I mean being able to go to -1 octave (heel) and +1 octave (toe) on the same setting. It's the same idea as the harmonizer -1/+1, but only for pitch.

None that I know of. Would changing between -1 & +1 on the whammy with MIDI work? When the CC number goes from 127 to 0 for one -1, then it switches to +1 and goes from 0 to 127, but all during the sweep of an expression pedal.

Or that's complete nonsense and it won't work.

You absolute madman

I don't think MIDI would work in this case, especially for on the fly stuff

Unless there's a MIDI controlled expression pedal that will switch between -1/+1... basically, EXACTLY half way on the expression could be bypassed. Forward (toe) from that middle point would be 0-127 +1 octave, and backward (heel) from that middle point would be 0-127 -1 octave...

Somehow I don't think such a thing exists.

If I'm reading it right I do exactly this with a Line 6 M5 with exp pedal Harmonizer would blend dry signal, this is all effected.

Pitch glide setting

Toe down = +12 (these are half steps)

Heal down = -12

Mix = 100%

The knob is really touchy to get exactly 12 plus or minus.

No mate, I mean being able to go to -1 octave (heel) and +1 octave (toe) on the same setting. It's the same idea as the harmonizer -1/+1, but only for pitch.

You absolute madman

I don't think MIDI would work in this case, especially for on the fly stuff

Unless there's a MIDI controlled expression pedal that will switch between -1/+1... basically, EXACTLY half way on the expression could be bypassed. Forward (toe) from that middle point would be 0-127 +1 octave, and backward (heel) from that middle point would be 0-127 -1 octave...

Somehow I don't think such a thing exists.

:nerd:

It's probably a way too elaborate way of doing it. Did you find out if the pitchfork does that? I think mission engineering makes MIDI expression pedals that can do all sorts of weird stuff, so one of them might work for my mad idea.

Speaking of MIDI, my old laptop completely died last week so I won't be playing MOTP for a while.

:nerd:

It's probably a way too elaborate way of doing it. Did you find out if the pitchfork does that? I think mission engineering makes MIDI expression pedals that can do all sorts of weird stuff, so one of them might work for my mad idea.

Speaking of MIDI, my old laptop completely died last week so I won't be playing MOTP for a while.

tczechan didn't need a laptop to play MOTP

And I didn't, but I bought one of these. It might do what I want, but then again... it might not.

https://www.audiofront.net/MIDIExpression.php

Still, should be a pretty neat and potentially useful thing to have.

Gibsons might end up being rare in a few years.

Anyone got a trick for stopping schaller straps locks from squeaking?

Bacon grease?...Oh wait, forgot this wasn't TGP.

Have you seen these? I might get some if the locking bits fit the existing strap buttons

https://www.mansonguitarworks.com/index.cfm/product/schaller-s-locks-new-2018-product--178

Doesn't this just mean that they'll be rearranging or getting new leadership?

#MakeGibsonGreatAgain

Bacon grease?...Oh wait, forgot this wasn't TGP.

Have you seen these? I might get some if the locking bits fit the existing strap buttons

https://www.mansonguitarworks.com/index.cfm/product/schaller-s-locks-new-2018-product--178

#MakeGibsonGreatAgain

:LOL:

I've had a set of those in my amazon basket for a few weeks but forgot about them.

It's here!

What does it do?

Does it work for your whammy magic?

Which one did you get??

The basic one that's listed at $49. Actually haven't taken it out of the packaging yet. :facepalm:

I've had a set of those in my amazon basket for a few weeks but forgot about them.

Does it work for your whammy magic?

Time will tell.

and you should add them to your basket on MGW. I don't think you can actually save anything on there, so you can only clear it buy purchasing the contents.

Or at least that's what it says in the guerrilla marketing contract I have with them.

The basic one that's listed at $49. Actually haven't taken it out of the packaging yet. :facepalm:

Time will tell.

and you should add them to your basket on MGW. I don't think you can actually save anything on there, so you can only clear it buy purchasing the contents.

Or at least that's what it says in the guerrilla marketing contract I have with them.

Well... I do need some more of their strings so might as well.

9Wf362W.jpg

It’s not funny... but it also really is.

Bit of a leftfield question but does anyone know if tremolo speed could be controlled by an expression pedal? Working on a solo and there's a part that slows down the trem speed towards the end. :stunned:

Yeah, what kind of tremolo pedal are you using, or is it in your amp?