Covered vs Uncovered with sustainer? Anyone know why Big Boy Bellorz has stopped using covered humbuckers on his MIDI guitars since 2015? Just a random thought.

No idea. Pretty sure he started on T2L tour, with the first one being the super lightweight/roasted maple matt black. I don't think it really makes a difference otherwise - just one of those things like covering your guitar in tape.

This is cool, how come I've never seen it before?

LUhwtvk.png

Think they did that a few times in 2010, but that's probably the highest quality recording

Also, you all will be glad to know that this new EHX reverb does the close encounters effect 1000000% correct.

No idea. Pretty sure he started on T2L tour, with the first one being the super lightweight/roasted maple matt black. I don't think it really makes a difference otherwise - just one of those things like covering your guitar in tape.

LUhwtvk.png

Think they did that a few times in 2010, but that's probably the highest quality recording

Also, you all will be glad to know that this new EHX reverb does the close encounters effect 1000000% correct.

Close encounters with earrape 1000000% correct? Just ordered one.

Do you prefer it to the Hall of Fame, James? I might look for another reverb pedal after I offload the Dispatch Master.

Do you prefer it to the Hall of Fame, James? I might look for another reverb pedal after I offload the Dispatch Master.

Yeah, though the dispatch master is a delay + reverb, so it's not exactly the same.

I guess you could get a separate delay pedal to run with the oceans 11. I've currently got the TC flashback paired with it.

So I bit the bullet and got myself an okay setup-kit for my basses, great stuff (with feeler gauges etc.).

Sad times though, my jazz bass truss rod is under the pickguard. Very tempted to file it out a bit to not have to take it off again. Y/N ?

nerd herd

What's a Tizer? I see it's made by the irn bru company, but I've not heard of it before.

Also found a peach flavored coke. I still haven't gotten over the vanilla one... when did this actually become a thing?

So I bit the bullet and got myself an okay setup-kit for my basses, great stuff (with feeler gauges etc.).

Sad times though, my jazz bass truss rod is under the pickguard. Very tempted to file it out a bit to not have to take it off again. Y/N ?

N

You might be able to get it more precise with feeler gauges I guess, but I usually eyeball the neck relief, and use a string action gauge for a guide only. Nothing I have is setup exactly the same I'm sure

nerd herd

What's a Tizer? I see it's made by the irn bru company, but I've not heard of it before.

Also found a peach flavored coke. I still haven't gotten over the vanilla one... when did this actually become a thing?

It’s orange/citrusy from what I remember, but I’ve not had it in years. Peach coke is a bit... unpleasant. I think it was quite recently they started selling that.

How good were QOTSA?

It’s orange/citrusy from what I remember, but I’ve not had it in years. Peach coke is a bit... unpleasant. I think it was quite recently they started selling that.

How good were QOTSA?

Yeah I'd agree with that. Is it not readily available where you are?

...Actually, that's probably a dumb question.

It was interesting to say the least!

As for QOTSA, quite good. Encore was Song for the Deaf into Song for the Dead. :facemelt: Not sure if they'll be able to top this setlist wise on Tuesday unless something really rare comes out.

Yeah I'd agree with that. Is it not readily available where you are?

...Actually, that's probably a dumb question.

It is, but I don't see it very often which is weird.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=855RrWacGTQ

Such a great show. Think the one tonight will be pretty special though.

Ooooooaft that must've been amazing. I heard the organisation of the event was a bit of a clusterfuck though.

Sold out.

tom-delonge-wtf1.gif

Did you manage to get one?

I did. There should be another 20 available in the next few days though.

N

You might be able to get it more precise with feeler gauges I guess, but I usually eyeball the neck relief, and use a string action gauge for a guide only. Nothing I have is setup exactly the same I'm sure

Well, it does help - I'm just annoyed that I have to take the pickguard off for the setup :rolleyes:

It is, but I don't see it very often which is weird.

Ooooooaft that must've been amazing. I heard the organisation of the event was a bit of a clusterfuck though.

I did. There should be another 20 available in the next few days though.

I've only seen it at that one place.

Yeah apparently it was, but I got my posters and fucked off for the rest of the day, so didn't really notice.

It was amazing, but...

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/queens-of-the-stone-age/2018/the-eden-project-st-austell-england-5bea7b24.html

And I'm still waiting. :nerd:

If the studio version's anything like that, then I'll be happy. Haven't liked the other two songs so far really.

If the studio version's anything like that, then I'll be happy. Haven't liked the other two songs so far really.

I think I missed something :eek:

I think I missed something :eek:

Dig Down and Thought Contagion?

Or have I missed something as well?

Haha, yeah, I'm talking about those two, haha! I thought Dig Down was pretty awful, and Thought Contagion, while better, still isn't that inspiring. I'm hoping the rest of the album will be better though.