I remember he learned stockholm syndrome in E, as he refused to detune his guitar.

Absolute walloper

Edit - did he not have a “perfect A minor” or suchlike?

He didn't like what down tuned guitars represented.

Yeah, the perfect E5!

Also, found this copied from the old board wiki (remember that?) in an old post...

2z6uq69.jpg

Banned for being a slanderous twat with less grasp of reality than a newborn child Valentin joined the board in the summer of 2008, and immediately proceeded to insult man, woman, child, beast and Ryan. A former Scientologist, Valentin left the cult after deciding that Scientology just wasn't messed up enough for him. As a result, Valentin created the cult, Valentykyo, based around the moon, Valentin essentially being god, and the world flooding in 2012. The boardies were so amazed by his incredible outlook and his bizarre religion that they told him to GTFO; at which he donned his eyeliner and bitched about it on youtube. In an attempt to stop the ridicule, Valentin decided to try and win over the notorious K&T.

He failed.

Miserably.

He is also illiterate and probably only has the intellect of a 10 year old. Highly immature child that was abused at a younger age. Someone in his family touched him, and since then he's being projecting his problems on to others. He probably hates himself, and tries to convince himself otherwise but using material objects to justify his existence.

Valentin decided that declaring preternatural musical ability was the way to win over K&T, which it would have been... had Valentin's idea of musical genius not been the playing of the "perfect" E5 powerchord and playing "Plug In Baby" behind his head. Other moments of glory include a clip where he draws a perfect circle or at least, that's what he wanted us to believe. Val's only decent moment was this awesome quote:

I drive a nice car, does that really make me a bad person?

No, it doesn't.

It actually makes me a pretty awesome person.

Valentin is currently perma-banned from muse.mu and muselive.

Val proved himself to be even more stupid than anyone ever imagined by trying to vandalize the board wiki, totally forgetting that any "mindless dolt" can revert edits.

I read that a few times, and I'm still not entirely sure what he means in that first sentence.

Remember the posts about the SM57 copy? He really lost it when that happened, although people did go a bit far with that one.

He has no friends

Nope, those must have passed me by.

As bad as Sam trolling Henocast’s invisible Soldano?

He has no friends

Nope, those must have passed me by.

As bad as Sam trolling Henocast’s invisible Soldano?

Damn. Even Phill had to make an exception for tczechan.

Maybe not as bad as that, though most of it got deleted before I actually saw it.

And better that it's invisible than being a behringer amp with your forum username on it. #SignatureAmp

Damn. Even Phill had to make an exception for tczechan.

Maybe not as bad as that, though most of it got deleted before I actually saw it.

And better that it's invisible than being a behringer amp with your forum username on it. #SignatureAmp

Who had that?!

you would have been thirteen when that one happened, far too young to have been involved! :D

Then there was the other K&T as well. All I really remember is cheddatom's raps, and the "girls with fruits" thread...

He also had his own thread on this board for his raps, but also poetry:

growing up....

Holding hands with mummy

Picnics and long walks in the countryside

Playing football with my friends

Uncle Graham's cold hands

Colouring inside the lines

Sticking tickets into a scrapbook

Uncle Graham's bad breath

The first day at high school

Fingering a girl for the first time

Uncle Graham's awkward questions

Insomnia

Absolute insomnia

And Uncle Graham's pork sword.

That other board - was it not because sam and ben got banned from muselive (rip)??

Pictures of girls eating fruit, i remember that. Wouldnt get away with that nowadays!

As far as I remember, Sam (along with a handful of others) got banned permanently because of the whole K&T banter situation. Ben was banned temporarily.

Then someone (I can't remember who - probably Ben) started the other board and they moved there. Meanwhile, we were allowed to have a K&T group on this board, and it had about two people... me and Niel/trad3mark (the mod at the time) :facepalm:

I didn't realize muselive was gone completely... their community (see what I did there?) sort of scared me. They seemed to love valentin for some reason, at least from what I remember.

And no, we really wouldn't!

I know this question is a bit different to the slightly strange turn this forum has taken over the last couple days but it's about gear anyway.

Does anyone know how I can get a similar sound to the Psycho Jam that Matt plays after Map on the 2nd law tours, I know it's an octave sound but I don't know how many subs or up octaves he's using. I think he uses the same tone of SMBH as well on the 2nd Law tour.

Here's a couple videos of it:

Cheers ;)

I know this question is a bit different to the slightly strange turn this forum has taken over the last couple days but it's about gear anyway.

Does anyone know how I can get a similar sound to the Psycho Jam that Matt plays after Map on the 2nd law tours, I know it's an octave sound but I don't know how many subs or up octaves he's using. I think he uses the same tone of SMBH as well on the 2nd Law tour.

Here's a couple videos of it:

Cheers ;)

I think that's just the same DI fuzz factory sound, but with some kind of octave effect. The MOTP one just seems to be an octave down (the guitar already has the low E tuned to C)

I'm not sure about SMBH. It seems to vary depending on what he's playing (listen to the octaves in the chorus bit) .. almost sounds like a ring mod at times.

But for all I know, he could have programmed a MIDI track for the whammy so it switches modes at a specific time. Unlikely though.

Yeah I was also wondering what the fuzz sound was. It does sound like a DI or a sansamp fuzz. He did have a couple fuzz heads in his rack in the 2nd Law tour though.... Maybe they were just backups considering he uses Axe Fx most of the time now.

The chorus in SMBH could be a filter modulation, cause it's shifting the EQ constantly throughout the chorus until the verses where it just goes back to the standard DI fuzz

Wish he didn't make it so complicated..