Why doesn't the burst go all the way around? Or is that a feature reserved for the premium version?

@nerd herd

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqxnPCWdgHQ

Doesn't sound that good... probably just the amp though. Would've sounded better through a soldano...

Do want! The amp isn't the nicest sounding, though the only amp I've ever played an original Wolfgang through is a peavey bandit :LOL:

Apparently boss are releasing some new stuff on Friday. More metal zone I hope.

How much better was his guitar tone on TR tour? Really digging the tone in SMBH

I caught a glimpse of them at Reading (for Showbiz) and the Ashamed outro just sounded ike absolute guff

I thought his current sounds are some of the best ones he's had in a while. Did you manage to hear that satellite instrumental track the other day before it was taken down?

Do want! The amp isn't the nicest sounding, though the only amp I've ever played an original Wolfgang through is a peavey bandit :LOL:

Apparently boss are releasing some new stuff on Friday. More metal zone I hope.

Did you sound like Simon Niel when you plugged your strat into it?

Say what you want about the metal zone. This guy was getting some great sounds by using his as an amp switcher.

AGQHOJQ.jpg?1

I thought his current sounds are some of the best ones he's had in a while. Did you manage to hear that satellite instrumental track the other day before it was taken down?

Say what you want about the metal zone. This guy was getting some great sounds by using his as an amp switcher.

AGQHOJQ.jpg?1

Didn't have a strat then, but I could never sound that good.

:LOL: that's a genius use for it. I quite like the metal zone now. Dialled in the secret settings and it sounds pretty good, but that might just be cause its the only really high gain pedal I've got.

AGQHOJQ.jpg?1

Really? Since he's got the Kempers I've really disliked a lot of the tones he's had. TR was so beefy though. I always remember SMBH from Reading 2011 and how beef it was. Since T2L it's never had quite the same kick

And no I saw it linked but never got to watch it before being taken down! If anyone (Olly) has a download they can send me...

Really? Since he's got the Kempers I've really disliked a lot of the tones he's had. TR was so beefy though. I always remember SMBH from Reading 2011 and how beef it was. Since T2L it's never had quite the same kick

And no I saw it linked but never got to watch it before being taken down! If anyone (Olly) has a download they can send me...

It was

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wnv_LGSB6ZQ

But it's all about the drums at the beginning. Just ask Bs.

I'm not sure really. It seems like it's improved greatly after the drones tour.

For what it's worth, it seems he's got... six? different main sounds at this time

20914177_10155416254230944_5170083546234675931_n.jpg?oh=fa1b63a9af955f3294fe8067324b8642&oe=5A1297EE

It's on musebootlegs as well, but might be easier to get from Olly or someone else who has it.

Although actually he doesn't use the Kempers now does he? Something still sounds guff though

Based on the picture above, everything is kemper except for deizel diezel.

Not sure what each patch is based on, but I figure it's like:

Clean = Clean (... probably AC30)

Crunch low = AC30 (or maybe JTM45) driven sound? Likely used for the second half of dead inside, uprising verses, etc

Crunch high = ??? Guessing this is the main drive tone he uses for the psycho riff and pretty much everything else #chuggz. I'm not entirely sure what this would be based on, but my best guess is his special blend of AC30 and VH4 channel 3.

Kemper fuzz = fuzz factory direct with some adjustments. SMBH etc.

Ampeg = the V4B with the mid control cranked. This is likely the sound he uses for the riff on the handler.

Deizel = probably just switches to the actual VH4 heads he's using. Guessing channel 4.

The last show I saw a month back, his tone was hit or miss for me. SMBH sounded better than it had in some time. I'd say it's a marked improvement over early Drones tour stuff. The SBE gig had some nice tone for the most part too, though some of it was through a Marshall and not a the kemper.

My starcaster bass is currently sitting at my apartment leasing office which is closed today :(

The last show I saw a month back, his tone was hit or miss for me. SMBH sounded better than it had in some time. I'd say it's a marked improvement over early Drones tour stuff. The SBE gig had some nice tone for the most part too, though some of it was through a Marshall and not a the kemper.

My starcaster bass is currently sitting at my apartment leasing office which is closed today :(

None of it was through the Marshall, unless you mean the sound that was transmitted through the air inside the empty head..

Are you the one that was commenting on their Facebook?

:LOL:

I understand that he typical just has a speaker cabinet on stage for show, which is dumb. However, I was under the impression that jubilee was actually used given it was just shipped to him.

The cabinet is connected to the rest of his setup, but the head is just for show. Same as the 1959HW stacks they were talking about, which we found out didn't have valves or transformers inside.

Was hoping that I'd have an opportunity to meet some QOTSA tomorrow (as it's a fairly small show) but I don't think the weather will help that... standard

I preferred what he started doing on T2L tour actually for SMBH. After the intro, it got deep and robotic when the bass came in.

+1. At least when I heard it live, it seemed he was (maybe?) continuing that. Hard to discern live though when everything is so loud. He was doing some real fat Morello-esque scratch/killswitch stuff in the Hysteria intro I liked too.

I preferred what he started doing on T2L tour actually for SMBH. After the intro, it got deep and robotic when the bass came in.

I actually hated that. Remember seeing them at The O2 in 2012 and the riff started then when it all kicked in I thought the guitar had cut out!

I think the sub octave thing for SMBH sounds way better now than it did on T2L tour, it was a bit too much like the bass. Really liked the close encounters intro he did for it at Reading this year.

Watching the Absolution tour dvd today, not much beats the tone during Muscle Museum :facemelt: There's something special about how brilliant the bomber sounds.

Are you the one that was commenting on their Facebook?

Not guilty, though I was embarrassed for Marshall, especially the 'all Marshall' bit since I actually was at the gig. The head clearly had no transformers in as it toppled off really easily.I do wonder if it was shipped that? I hope not as it make it even more embarrasing.

Also, Nerd_herd knows where it's at.

Lol that's funnier every time I see it. No way would he be able to catch it and push it back over the cab if it had the trannies in. Those things must weigh what, 25kg fully loaded??

22 kg per the Marshall site so yeah :facepalm:

Apologies for assuming he actually used physical amps for once. How they gutted the amp so fast for that gig is beyond me.. quite frankly why you'd even order it is too.

It was probably supplied empty purely as a marketing tool. Marshall used to supply dummy cabs back when a wall of stacks was a thing, this is basically the same thing.

And no apologies needed. He actually is using a Diezel live,and his tone has improved a lot compared to the pure Kemper days.