Damn, GA Royal Blood tickets are only $25 a pop. Do they usually do VIP meet & greet stuff?

I remember that one time I paid around $9 or something like that to see them at a 250 capacity venue. Good times.

Not on their first US tour, or at least from what I gathered, but radio stations will occasionally run contests like that. I was in line two hours early because I worked right down the road from the venue they played, so they chatted with me in passing for a few.

I don't recall seeing any contests on the first tour. And yeah, first time I saw them, I showed up really early. Saw them walk by twice and said hi, but didn't really want to bother them.

Waited afterwards the second time and got to have a good chat with Ben as well as a picture.

Damn, GA Royal Blood tickets are only $25 a pop. Do they usually do VIP meet & greet stuff?

Doubt it, not really their thing. Just hang around the venue in the day/after the show and say hi when you see them. Ben's always friendly (not saying Mike isn't, just not met him)

I don't recall seeing any contests on the first tour. And yeah, first time I saw them, I showed up really early. Saw them walk by twice and said hi, but didn't really want to bother them.

I thought it was them because I remember being real pissed a few random people were getting in real early on some VIP list, but that easily could have been someone else. All the concerts at that venue are sortof blending together at this point.

Anyone going to attempt getting tickets for the Royal Blood gig tomorrow? Hopefully some kind person records any new songs they play :awesome:

I was there :ninja:

5 new songs, three that were previously known and two new :) There wasn't a Gretsch in sight anymore it's all fender now, Mike's definitely running with more distortion now (yes really) and the other two new songs were really effect heavy with lots of Wah on one of them :)

All in all it was a brilliant gig and if the other half of the album is as good we have nothing to worry about and a lot to look forward too!!!

5 new songs, three that were previously known and two new :) There wasn't a Gretsch in sight anymore it's all fender now, Mike's definitely running with more distortion now (yes really) and the other two new songs were really effect heavy with lots of Wah on one of them :)

God damn it the week I paid for the Gretsch :twitchy:

I saw something that looked like a Jaguar, right? What else did he use? :)

Btw, how do people even get artists to sign their guitars? I assume you can't bring something that big anywhere near the concert venue, right? There's a person on Youtube who keeps getting Muse signatures on his (multiple) MBC-1's :|

Edited by Cider

His two previous fender starcasters, several jaguars and I think a custom short scale jazz bass but I couldn't tell for sure :D

Btw, how do people even get artists to sign their guitars? I assume you can't bring something that big anywhere near the concert venue, right? There's a person on Youtube who keeps getting Muse signatures on his (multiple) MBC-1's :|

Stalkers/have hotel or parking near enough venue that they can pop back after gig, get guitar, go back to venue and wait for them to come out

His two previous fender starcasters, several jaguars and I think a custom short scale jazz bass but I couldn't tell for sure :D

Nice! Thank you :D I know that Fender Japan does some medium scale Jazz bass, but not short scale :$ Wonder how big the difference is jumping from 30.3" to 32"

Stalkers/have hotel or parking near enough venue that they can pop back after gig, get guitar, go back to venue and wait for them to come out

I was wondering if I should contact the venue before hand to see what their policy is, but I would hate to piss the band off :$ "Could you please sign the back of the headstock? Just the back of the headstock please. No no no not the front of the guitar" :facepalm:

Nice! Thank you :D I know that Fender Japan does some medium scale Jazz bass, but not short scale :$ Wonder how big the difference is jumping from 30.3" to 32"

I was wondering if I should contact the venue before hand to see what their policy is, but I would hate to piss the band off :$ "Could you please sign the back of the headstock? Just the back of the headstock please. No no no not the front of the guitar" :facepalm:

Nah don't worry about it, they're just human too.

I mean you're not likely gonna get a guitar into the gig venue, so if you're going to the gig your best bet is to park near and grab it out your car afterwards

I think I know who you're talking about. Are we sure that those signatures are real?

I doubt his is a production model. It's probably the same scale as the gretsch, whatever that might be.

I wonder what Mike's reaction would be, considering he's always been secretive about his setup. I realize it's mostly the pedals, but still... it's one of the reasons I probably wouldn't bother bringing that ovation to Josh for a picture/autograph if I ever had the opportunity. Wouldn't want to give him the wrong idea, and I have a feeling he doesn't really want to be associated with those guitars anymore.

Nah don't worry about it, they're just human too.

I mean you're not likely gonna get a guitar into the gig venue, so if you're going to the gig your best bet is to park near and grab it out your car afterwards

musecasters surely can help with this. He's somehow managed to get three (or two and whatever amount of a guitar that a 15" scale electric ukulele is) signed over the years.

I think I know who you're talking about. Are we sure that those signatures are real?

That I don't know :$

I doubt his is a production model. It's probably the same scale as the gretsch, whatever that might be.

I wonder what Mike's reaction would be, considering he's always been secretive about his setup. I realize it's mostly the pedals, but still... it's one of the reasons I probably wouldn't bother bringing that ovation to Josh for a picture/autograph if I ever had the opportunity. Wouldn't want to give him the wrong idea, and I have a feeling he doesn't really want to be associated with those guitars anymore.

Yeah, I think I'm too socially awkward to ask for a signature anyway.

BTW, I got them presale tickets :) Bought 2 just in case I can find someone to go with me :facepalm:

Yeah, I think I'm too socially awkward to ask for a signature anyway.

BTW, I got them presale tickets :) Bought 2 just in case I can find someone to go with me :facepalm:

I only got one thing signed.

1382213_10151944294050944_1689501487_n.jpg?oh=d0a9d386ebf5dab470ebf04469c8d216&oe=598DF214

Usually I just ask for a picture. And I noticed they're playing a show in brooklyn, but doors are at 11:30pm... not sure if I'll bother

I only got one thing signed.

I would never want my name on signed stuff, mainly because I'm 99% sure they would misspell it :facepalm:

1382213_10151944294050944_1689501487_n.jpg?oh=d0a9d386ebf5dab470ebf04469c8d216&oe=598DF214

Usually I just ask for a picture. And I noticed they're playing a show in brooklyn, but doors are at 11:30pm... not sure if I'll bother

Doors at 7PM here. Come down and go with me!! :D We have Nando's here too

I would have just had several nando's by the time that happens :(

Just come hang out anyway :(

Looking at Mike's pedalboard again - I'm wondering if it's possible that he uses the 2 Boss PS6 Harmonist to change the tuning of his bass? That sounds easier than downtuning a short scale to C standard :facepalm:

I don't think the harmonist does the effect you're thinking of. That's more like the digitech drop.

Plus he seems to switch basses for songs in C anyway.

Ah, I see James. I watched some youtube videos for the Harmonist earlier and you're absolutely right.

Got the G2220 yesterday. The neck & frets are incredible for a $300 instrument. The 30.3" scale neck feels so different from the 34" AJB too.

Irncaster™ is famous Not that it wasn't before. Should be coming back today, along with the blue one.

Ohhhhh, that's Gary Brawer's place right? I heard lots of great thing about it when I lived in the area, but I didn't want to drag my guitars on public transit to get there so I just used a mediocre local guy instead :facepalm:

No idea who that is. And also, I hope someone is recording that live video that's currently going as I can't watch it

Edit: Never mind. Also, pre-recorded backing vocals on lights out?

peddleboard is hidden :'(

4jDCBb1.png

peddleboard is hidden :'(

4jDCBb1.png

I can't tell, but his main pedal board looks like a liquid foot controller (or something similar)

I guess that's one way of preventing people from finding out how you get your signature sound. :nerd: I do remember that when I last saw them, he had a second pedalboard near the amps just like that.

wut? :twitchy:

Not sure if you're referring to the lineup or the fact that I've never been to Ireland.

I mean. Dave is in Ireland. But everyone else on here isn't.

I guess I'm going to Ireland.