"Inside" inside, or inside the back, because one of those things is stupid, the other potentially a Darwin award nomination.

Inside inside. :facepalm:

:eyebrows:

But it's not that I was poking around in there for no reason. I needed to change one of the internal fuses, and somehow managed to touch something else in the process...plus I only really know how to drain the caps in a plexi type amp. This was a JCM 900, so it's super complicated.

Also, just about one week to go... and two weeks until I meet the mythical Jaicen.

I have several times. Why do you need to replace them?

They feel really loose when I turn them and don't hold tune well at all. I barely have to retune the AJB (which has gotoh tuners), but I have to constantly with the Grestch even in standard tuning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APP4acYOKaw

Looks like he put a gretsch mini humbucker in that. Guess it's important to his sound...

Nice. I really wish Fender would release Mike's signature bass one of these days. I quite like the Gretsch mini humbucker sound on the G2220.

[YT]

[/YT]

I didn't realize Mike used Marshall amps in his rig. Their live sound changes quite a lot right?

I don't think that's his. Nothing is plugged into it either. Looks like he's using the fender hot rods that he was using early on, but those bass amps probably belong to someone else.

Haha you're right. Man, I'm embarrassed :facepalm:

Does the orange on his new Jaguar (/ Jazzmaster?) bass have a name?

Looks vile whatever it is.

Had to buy some new valves for my amp, and bought the Bugera labeled ones because they were half the price of the other available brand.

I realize they're exactly the same as the other ones, but... it's like comparing craft beer to something inferior... the amp will still catch on fire with these, regardless of what kind of beer spills on it.

Went to Guitar Center earlier and played with this really nice Strat http://www.guitarcenter.com/Fender/Limited-Edition-American-Professional-Stratocaster-Ebony-Fingerboard.gc

I don't know what a "deep C" neck is but it feels really nice. I've never seen an ebony fretboard before, but the rescued ebony looks pretty good - dark with light yellow grain.

Didn't like the pickups though :(

Well, I really like the Toan on that vid, and the control options are great.

Except, that it always sounds like the same fundamental tone, just slight variations. Sort of sounds like an 18 watt (EL*4's?). With that level of control, it would have been nice to have more than one voicing, even if the one voice is pretty damn sweet.

EDIT: Bullseye James.

that moment when you're playing time is running out at glastonbury 2004, and you manage to partially rip the nail off your thumb because you didn't cut the excess string off the machine heads well enough.

That's two injuries this week. I have to be more careful.