Same now actually. Has he used it much live?

Nope, I don't think it's been used live yet

quick question: How the hell do you strip the teeny tiny pickup conductors without cutting the entire thing off? :facepalm:

Do you have wire strippers? The ones I have don't go small enough for these, but I usually manage to strip them with these anyway. Usually.

Nope, I don't think it's been used live yet

Do you have wire strippers? The ones I have don't go small enough for these, but I usually manage to strip them with these anyway. Usually.

I have this giant thing http://smile.amazon.com/Tools-VISE-GRIP-Stripper-Crimper-2078309/dp/B000JNNWQ2/ref=sr_1_2?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1459760716&sr=1-2&keywords=wire+stripper

but I'm not sure what gauge they are. everytime i try to strip them I end up just cutting them :$ so lately i've been using my teeth :$

Ya know, I really want to try a Russian NOS, Mallory and OD test to see what the fuss is about. All the youtube videos sound like there's barely any difference, but I'm so curious I wanna know for myself :$

There isn't a difference as far as I'm concerned. Just use the small orange drops I linked.

But whatever you do, just avoid the gibson capacitors...

DSC03253.jpg

$113 for a disguised $0.50 film cap.

also

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2tNAXPczMk

doesn't sound right with overdriven bass :erm:

There isn't a difference as far as I'm concerned. Just use the small orange drops I linked.

But whatever you do, just avoid the gibson capacitors...

DSC03253.jpg

$113 for a disguised $0.50 film cap.

also

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2tNAXPczMk

doesn't sound right with overdriven bass :erm:

Yeah, those sound crazy. I'm not going over $10 a pop for sure :D

Edited by Cider

Yeah, those sound crazy. I'm not going over $10 a pop for sure :D

Did you measure that Russian cap before you installed it? It might have a small effect if it measures WAY off like some of my NOS PIO caps did, but only because of that and not because of the different materials.

I'm not entirely sure what the tolerance of those 100v orange drops I linked are, but they'll certainly be more consistent and closer to the indicated value than the NOS Russian caps.

Did you measure that Russian cap before you installed it? It might have a small effect if it measures WAY off like some of my NOS PIO caps did, but only because of that and not because of the different materials.

I'm not entirely sure what the tolerance of those 100v orange drops I linked are, but they'll certainly be more consistent and closer to the indicated value than the NOS Russian caps.

According to the cheap multimeter I got from Amazon, this one is at 0.021 - not too shabby. The other one was 0.019 tho :$

@dickmovedom

Am I right in saying that you have experience with running/organizing events?

Because somehow I've ended up with the responsibility of working at a festival (although a relatively small one) soon, and I'm not entirely sure what to expect... Do I just bring the pics?

Edit:

But then there was that one time

5ul9tv.jpg

Edited by james90

@dickmovedom

Am I right in saying that you have experience with running/organizing events?

Because somehow I've ended up with the responsibility of working at a festival (although a relatively small one) soon, and I'm not entirely sure what to expect... Do I just bring the pics?

Edit:

But then there was that one time

5ul9tv.jpg

Aside from small bar shows I don't have experience running, but I work as a sound/system tech. What's your role at the festival? (And what fest?)

Aside from small bar shows I don't have experience running, but I work as a sound/system tech. What's your role at the festival? (And what fest?)

You're the guy that makes everything louder during the heavy parts then? Everyone should appreciate that guy.

I don't think I get to have any fun like that. Just photographing the bands, and organizing some... stuff. I have no idea what they're doing for sound equipment.

And it's a new one, but I don't think they've named it yet. It's a bit early.

Also trying to find something for #indieamnesty ... best I could think of was that time I had to be that guy who went up to the guitarist from Ash and asked "Is that a dual or triple rectifier?"

It's all good though, as he seemed happy to discuss it, but I don't think most guys would be like that.

You're the guy that makes everything louder during the heavy parts then? Everyone should appreciate that guy.

I don't think I get to have any fun like that. Just photographing the bands, and organizing some... stuff. I have no idea what they're doing for sound equipment.

And it's a new one, but I don't think they've named it yet. It's a bit early.

Also trying to find something for #indieamnesty ... best I could think of was that time I had to be that guy who went up to the guitarist from Ash and asked "Is that a dual or triple rectifier?"

It's all good though, as he seemed happy to discuss it, but I don't think most guys would be like that.

Well last gig I was the guy that had to deal with an absolute shitpile of cables as the band arrived late and wanted monitors moved from one side of stage to the other and had a different FOH/Monitor split situation than expected and we didn't have enough looms with us so ended up having to use something like 30 individual XLRs. Must have spent 2-3 hours solid that night coiling fucking cables. That and setting up and watching the loudspeaker amps. Basically I'm there to patch shit and fondle the touring Monitor guys balls to make sure he's happy

I imagine they'll just hire it out from whatever's your nearest PA company. 'Stuff' sounds suspect. Is it racket?

Well last gig I was the guy that had to deal with an absolute shitpile of cables as the band arrived late and wanted monitors moved from one side of stage to the other and had a different FOH/Monitor split situation than expected and we didn't have enough looms with us so ended up having to use something like 30 individual XLRs. Must have spent 2-3 hours solid that night coiling fucking cables. That and setting up and watching the loudspeaker amps. Basically I'm there to patch shit and fondle the touring Monitor guys balls to make sure he's happy

I imagine they'll just hire it out from whatever's your nearest PA company. 'Stuff' sounds suspect. Is it racket?

Fair enough. Sounds like fun anyway - most I've done is work the lighting for a smaller indoor event. Never worked the audio or anything, but then I'm not sure if anyone else at this event will have either. They might just bring in a PA and someone to operate it, since we all know nothing either.

And nothing suspect - I just have no idea what it is. I know one of the other jobs is working one of the tables with the tickets, which is more than likely going to be stressful.

Fair enough. Sounds like fun anyway - most I've done is work the lighting for a smaller indoor event. Never worked the audio or anything, but then I'm not sure if anyone else at this event will have either. They might just bring in a PA and someone to operate it, since we all know nothing either.

And nothing suspect - I just have no idea what it is. I know one of the other jobs is working one of the tables with the tickets, which is more than likely going to be stressful.

It's pretty alright, Did end up working a 25 hour day that day though, took a little too long at the end. Everyone should check out Moderat though, they are so fucking good.

I can never really deal with lighting, one day I'll learn. Just bring a Manson or 10, put them on stage, no audio, just let people look at them #GroupPhoto

http://digitech.com/en-US/products/whammy-ricochet. This looks pretty good. Does it reapers though?

I saw that the other day. Very interesting - I'll send Bs the link.

This week in the continuing adventures of "So close, yet so far".

Replace the overdrive and octave on the bass with a compressor, job done.

Exactly. His bass sound isn't anything particularly unusual, but I will say that the fender super sonic has a lot to do with his fake guitar sound. It's quite a dark amp - I plugged a gretsch bass and micro POG into one and that was basically the main sound.

:eek::eek::eek:

Fender Custom Shop #1 of 35 Aluminum Stratocaster

Neck is kinda gross though

I'd rather a different car brand than ford if I was paying that much for a guitar.