2015.06.12 - Pinkpop Festival, Landgraaf, Netherlands

forevermusic

Nice, hopefully Nos Alive tickets are still avalaible by then, so i can choose.

You better beware. I believe NOS Alive tickets will sell out sooner or later (Muse day only). Hopefully only by March or April, but you never know. I've never been in Pinkpop but I can assure you that NOS Alive is great (great headliners and great alternative bands; is cheap; the weather is amazing; nice people; etc.)

You better beware. I believe NOS Alive tickets will sell out sooner or later (Muse day only). Hopefully only by March or April, but you never know. I've never been in Pinkpop but I can assure you that NOS Alive is great (great headliners and great alternative bands; is cheap; the weather is amazing; nice people; etc.)

I'm planning to go for the full weekend (would 3-day tickets be avalaible by January?)

I'm planning to go for the full weekend (would 3-day tickets be avalaible by January?)

In January I believe 3-day tickets will still be available. In the last 3 years, only one day/ year has sold out (and as so the 3-day pass) - Artic Monkeys day in 2014, Radiohead day in 2012, etc. Usually they sold out about the end of May. This year I believe it will sold out sooner (Muse calls more people in Portugal then AM or Radiohead) but in any case I believe not before April or May.

• 3 months later...
Last year though, it sold out really fast. But I think that was mainly because of The Rolling Stones playing then.

I really hope it will be better this year.

Yes, that was because of The Rolling Stones (and Metallica, Arctic Monkeys, Editors too for sure) and because of the last day (on a holiday). They seemed to struggle a bit before that. They faced a huge loss of visitors in 2013, even though they had QOTSA, The Killers and Kings of Leon. They didn't have the kind of acts I like in 2013, except QOTSA, but besides the headliners this year's line-up is worse. Robbie Williams and Avicii, are they serious?

Yes, that was because of The Rolling Stones (and Metallica, Arctic Monkeys, Editors too for sure) and because of the last day (on a holiday). They seemed to struggle a bit before that. They faced a huge loss of visitors in 2013, even though they had QOTSA, The Killers and Kings of Leon. They didn't have the kind of acts I like in 2013, except QOTSA, but besides the headliners this year's line-up is worse. Robbie Williams and Avicii, are they serious?

Oh right, those played too. Yeah makes more sense. Also Biffy Clyro played last year, and John Mayer.

This year I only really want to see Muse and Foo Fighters. And Rise Against is enjoyable I guess.

Oh right, those played too. Yeah makes more sense. Also Biffy Clyro played last year, and John Mayer.

This year I only really want to see Muse and Foo Fighters. And Rise Against is enjoyable I guess.

Yeah, there are some good names but it's a weird combination with all those pop acts on the bill now.

So forget what I said. After a few hours, weekend passes and Saturday passes are already sold-out. Lost my faith in humanity, or in Dutch mainstream festivals though...

Friday passes (with Muse) and Sunday passes (with Foo Fighters) are still available. And Saturday has Avicii, Robbie Williams, The Script... What's wrong with those guys? :LOL:

I don't find it very surprising. Avicii, Robbie Williams and The Script are quite popular with the general audience.

Exactly, the general audience, the Pinkpop audience used to be a bit different. But not anymore I guess..

I also got my Friday ticket, after staring at the little waiting list circle for 60 minutes.

Exactly, the general audience, the Pinkpop audience used to be a bit different. But not anymore I guess..

I also got my Friday ticket, after staring at the little waiting list circle for 60 minutes.

The line-up decides the audience I guess. So if the line-up appeals to the general audience, that's the audience that will come. And there is a lot of general audience.

• 2 months later...