POLL: What 10 songs would you most like to appear on Muse's 20th anniversary tour?

ryanp16

No way they'd play those songs after two weeks, maybe a soundcheck for one of them at best. I'm sure Muscle Museum won't even be considered though, at all.

One of them could be played, maybe. If that Futurism thread did actually contribute to it being brought back then they could definitely play one of them, since the thread started two weeks before Zepp. But if they play all the ones on the list that they've already rehearsed and played on the T2L tour then I guess it means they at least acknowledged the list. That or it's a massive coincidence.

No way they'd play those songs after two weeks, maybe a soundcheck for one of them at best. I'm sure Muscle Museum won't even be considered though, at all.

Weren't they trying out MM again last year though? IIRC the only reason they gave for not taking it further than a rehearsal was because it sounded too old, surely a 20th anniversary gig would be the perfect time :awesome:

Weren't they trying out MM again last year though? IIRC the only reason they gave for not taking it further than a rehearsal was because it sounded too old, surely a 20th anniversary gig would be the perfect time :awesome:

Yup. Tom Kirk told a fan at Coventry it was being planned for Manchester. Another fan met Chris at a football game after Coventry and said it was sounding great but too 90s. A video exists of the latter. Unfortunately I don't have it but could try and get the owner to upload it.

these guys are supposed to be the best so wouldn't find those oldies a problem. Matt recognised at Zepp that there was going to be an anniversary tour and that would/could/should include those greats that they trail blazed and some old school b-sides.

[YT]

[/YT]

It would hopefully be loads of songs from all of their albums including some from the most recent 2 albums.

Are you drunk?

Ipad.

When did he say Coachella would get something special?

I just recall him talking about playing one or two special songs when he was asked if America would get a anniversary tour.

Edited by Alesi08

• 1 month later...

I'd really wanted them to play more of their old (fucking brilliant!!!) stuff since it's their 20 years' anniversary. And I would really love something except Sunburn from Showbiz and Bliss/Plug in Baby from OOS. They do respect Absolution... though i am pretty sure that most of the songs will be TR and T2L. I hope I am wrong.

I'd really wanted them to play more of their old (fucking brilliant!!!) stuff since it's their 20 years' anniversary. And I would really love something except Sunburn from Showbiz and Bliss/Plug in Baby from OOS. They do respect Absolution... though i am pretty sure that most of the songs will be TR and T2L. I hope I am wrong.

you are

Why would you wanna hear their old stuff if you don't even think Matt sounds good doing it?

Why would you wanna hear their old stuff if you don't even think Matt sounds good doing it?

True. But first of all, I like their old stuff TOO much to resist. And secondly, I think there are songs that could sound tolerable. Like... No Micro Cuts obviously... They perform New Born quite well... I can no longer hear Plug in Baby and Bliss. What about Citizen Erased? Hyper Music? Screenager... Ok. Not sure about Hyper Music... Futurism was quite ok at Zepp... It is difficult with Showbiz though... I cannot imagine it with his voice as it is today. Unintended, may be... May be Uno, may be MM, but those would probably sound strange nowadays. They are sort of adolescent... And I'd want some b-sides, definitely. The Groove? Eternally Missed? I think this one may sound.

Edited by SpiralStatic1