Searched and there wasn't much on here.

So what you all using and what is your favourite pickup you use atm? I just put a Seymour Duncan JB in my strat and its all high end and punch, also thinking on a new purchase for a new guitar which will have a Sustainer in neck some point or other, Steve Vai inspired that no doubt ^^

Wish I could try before I buy, Seymour Duncan did quite a nice thing and had a guy play same guitar and riffs on neck and bridge for every pickup for e guitar in his arsenal, poor guy was sick of soldering for life.

The neck pickup on my Tokai is utter crap, just no character to it....muddy and just not useable, i can't see why i would ever use it over the bridge, no clarity, just muffled....maybe its just me being picky...or all les pauls neck pickups sound crap.....even blending them is bad

i would normally stick with stock pickups, but since i can wire them it just becomes more realistic rather than hot water you're jumping into IE having to pay a professional.

Soldering can be a pain in the arse....especially when the tip of your cheap ass iron doesn't heat up and you have to use the side for the fiddly bits.... :D

I hate the smell of burnt wire insulation with a passion....

Haha I need a new soldering iron. Mine is this massive industrial style thing.

I can almost solder, mind you i picked up a soldering iron for the first time in about 5 years last weekend to solder the jack plug back onto my brothers guitar, managed to stab my hand with it while it was turned on and dropped in in pain, only for it it land on the carpet... I was so fucking annoyed with myself. :mad:

It's gonna get bashed but BKP MQ's are the best pickups i've heard.

Very true :) Have one in the neck position of my guitar and love it. I'd love to hear one in the bridge position first hand though, apart from the Kaoss Manson which Bellamy uses (although that's two).

bare knuckles all the way for me. i've used mississippi queens, p91, p92's, miracle mans and nailbombs - all amazing sounding pickups. and if they dont have just what you're looking for, ask tim and chances are he'll make it for you. great pickups and great service

Archived