I completely agree with Phill.

The neck Mississippi Queen neck pickup is by the far the best pickup I have ever, and probably will ever have the pleasure of using.

I miss it.

What about in the bridge?

The black Manson has one and I think it sounds really good with the slide at the start of invincible...

+1 sortof.

I put Fender Custom Shop Texas Specials in my MIM tele and they're fantastic. Sounds how a telecaster should!

I have Texas Specials in my Strat and it sounds amazing if your going for great tone :D. Kinda bad for Muse stuff though.

I also have EMG 81s and 85s in my hella-modded epiphone LP Jr. lol I actually routed out a whole new pickup cavity for my Neck pickup. Anyways, that gets great Muse sounds if you know what pedals and how to wire your pedal board. Also if you know a little secret I discovered about a week and a half ago ;)

What about in the bridge?

The black Manson has one and I think it sounds really good with the slide at the start of invincible...

The overwound bridge MQ I have is excellent. Drives an amp but without the dull tone you get from a humbucker. Much more character!

I have Texas Specials in my Strat and it sounds amazing if your going for great tone :D. Kinda bad for Muse stuff though.

Ridiculously good-sounding !

As for muse. I'm not sure if there's an equivalent setting with strats but the mid position on my tele is now incredibly beefy - I do all the 'heavy' parts in my band with it as it records so well:happy:.

i wish bareknuckles weren't so expensive so i could try them out :( i was thinking of getting matched sd alnico pro II's in my next guitar but i'm starting to think maybe i should get a slightly hotter alnico pickup

Would it be a good idea to put a hot rails in my tele to give it more power?

Cuz it has too low output for playing songs lik SS, and I love the looks of my tele, and I think it would be a shame if i don't play it often because the pickups are a bit lower output...

Cuz it has too low output for playing songs lik SS, and I love the looks of my tele, and I think it would be a shame if i don't play it often because the pickups are a bit lower output...

The trouble is hotrails will kill your clean tone. I'd experiment with layers of fuzz and distortion to get the meat you need from them, your pick ups are capable.

turn down the tone control and stop being a pussy.

Guest bshuker
My ultimate pickup is: "hi there, i have a cat! She'd really like to meet you!"

....im here all week! :$

Mine would be:

"Hey, does this smell of chlorform to you?"

My ultimate pickup is: "hi there, i have a cat! She'd really like to meet you!"

....im here all week! :$

:LOL: Epic!

Quick n00b question: Could i put a fender blue lace sensor in my teles neck position?

Short answer yes. But you'd need to route a bit of the pickguard because the pick up is a bit bigger then your usual single coil.

Mine would be:

"Hey, does this smell of chlorform to you?"

:LOL: Date rape? :LOL:

Short answer yes. But you'd need to route a bit of the pickguard because the pick up is a bit bigger then your usual single coil.

Eeeeekkk...cant be doing that :(

What other pickups would be good for a teles neck?

Don't tele's have their own sort of neck pickup?

I wouldn't have a clue about tele's and I have 2 of them :p

1 has a P90 and is a hollowbody, gives the most feeble sound from a guitar, and the pickups don't help.

The other has a Single coil type pickup with a nice nickel casing on it.

I wouldn't have a clue about tele's and I have 2 of them :p

1 has a P90 and is a hollowbody, gives the most feeble sound from a guitar, and the pickups don't help.

The other has a Single coil type pickup with a nice nickel casing on it.

n00b.

n00b.

yea... :p

now that i look back I was given both Tele's for free....and i never asked for them at all.

both are custom jobs and not Fender/Squier...and I haven't talked to the people who gave me them so I'd like to know what I'm holding when I take the PU's out one day.

Archived