Hey guys, I'm getting custom build in a few months and really need to decide on pickups. Haven't tried anything out yet just looked around the net. I thought I wanted the BKP Motherbucker in the bridge until I read what was said on here about it :/

My other choices for bridge were Rio Grande Crunchbox, BKP Nailbomb or BKP Warpig.

Also I'd like for the neck pickup to give a nice warm, glassy stratocaster-esque tone, what's everyone's thoughts on BKP Mississippi Queen? or Rio Grande Jazzbar?

^^ All previous Bellamy pickups but they seem to be what I like :happy:

Also gotta point out the body will be Mahogany and the neck Birdseye Maple ;)

Any other suggestions and demos you can direct me to would be helpful.

Cheers

some red/red lace sensor duallys or a bare knuckle nailbomb

yes a punch in the face to whomever guesses why i thought of those two first when i think of pickups

basically i need something to replace my weedy sounding single coil in my fender tele, so im gonna get it routed for a humbucker and then coil tap it, i need it to sound pretty big, have a nice sustain, yet be able to coil tap it and still get a single coil sound out of it.

duallys tempt me because i can redo my guitar into a tele plus and then that will be ossum

nailbombs tempt me because they sound big

open to suggestions?

Yesterday i realised that i only use the bridge pickup in my HSS guitar, the neck and middle pickup got absolutely no use in the last year.

But they are shit duncan designed stock PUs.

I thought about getting something really bright in mid position and maybe a single sized humbucker in neck position. (for match the bridge volume) Is there any worthwhile pickups made by the cheap guys (GFS, Iron Gear, etc.) for these positions? I don't wanna buy something overly expensive because i am still not sure about if i ever gonna use those PUs. Also i can sell these cheap ones in 1-2 days if i won't need them.

Archived