so what sort of t00lz (besides ChrisirhC :p) are needed?

hmmm

you'll probably need a Jemblowerafin 3000

electric_engraver.jpg

a molecule harmonizer-octavator 20

11242.jpg

the last one seen was in Doc's car from Back to the Future 3

but incase you don't want to go looking for all these things.....erm, the only thing you might need (though extremely rare) would be an iron firction inducing rod......also known as a file.

p4069879_l.jpg

hmmm

you'll probably need a Jemblowerafin 3000

electric_engraver.jpg

a molecule harmonizer-octavator 20

11242.jpg

the last one seen was in Doc's car from Back to the Future 3

but incase you don't want to go looking for all these things.....erm, the only thing you might need (though extremely rare) would be an iron firction inducing rod......also known as a file.

p4069879_l.jpg

not even a lol?

What are some good pickups that are P or J style? The stock pickups on my bass are a weird style, so in any case I'll have to reroute it when I replace them, but I haven't found any particularly attractive alternatives that are reasonably affordable.

EMG?

I think they sound awful clean, I remember hearing metallica and kirk was playing this clean riff, and it sounded absolutely crap, it was like they had only cared for the heavy sound and just kicked the clean to the side.

that put me off them

Guest bshuker

*sigh* same old EMG misconception. If you heard Kirk Hammet's clean tone it would be an EMG 81 (the most trebley pickup with the highest output with the most sterile sound).

The other EMGs (the 85 inparticular) are gorgeous sounding pickups if you like that sort of thing.

ahhh

metallica trying to do clean sounds, not something they aren't very well known for

:stunned:

No. They can be known for some of their cleaner stuff. Nothing else matters comes to mind as one of the tracks that got them very famous. Mostly clean through out..... Also an 85 in the neck is pretty much the fucking sex.

Archived