True Meaning of BH&R Cover

Defector.

I might have just found out some of the meaning behind the cover photo here..

If you look at the man in the front center, you'll see that two of the three men are all looking at him, and his suit is covered in eyes. All eyes are on him.

However, the man to the left, covered in religious symbols, wearing horse blinders, and is not looking at the man with all eyes on him. Religion is blind.

What is the meaning of the other two men?

BlackHolesdeskti.jpg

Edited by L.
picture too big

I don't think where they're looking is significant. To me, the guy wearing eyes represents Big Brother, the all-seeing eye of government surveillance. The guy wearing mirrors is invisible, pulling strings and influencing change behind the scenes. He could also represent invisible societies (Illuminati) but that doesn't fit as well with the apocalyptic implications.

The guy wearing mirrors is invisible, pulling strings and influencing change behind the scenes.

That made me think of angels, doing God's bidding. Or something. :LOL: If that's the case then it's pretty cool that the mirror man and the All-Seeing Eye man are sitting across each other, as if they were opposing forces. I suppose the guy in gold represents the rich, looking to the All-Seeing Eye.

As much as I think where they're looking is not terribly intentional.

I love this album cover here and it has always confused me what it meant, I always disagreed with the "four horseman" theory, it just didn't make much sense to me.

The invisible man is another good analysis but I think there's another meaning behind him.. Not sure.

And thank you, my username is fantastically pretentious.

I heard someone say before that there is the black horse of the 4 horses missing. I think this could mean there is no famine. We live in a world of plenty but the horses of War, Plague, and Death are there so they are all present in our world with the four men (Symbolising Religion, The Rich, The government, and The secret societies) controlling them and debating their usage, each thinking of their own gain. It could also be that the men bring famine due to their own greed taking resources away from everyone else. I also think the horse binder on religion is meant to symbolise religious societies ignorance.

Whatever the artwork is meant to represent, it's pretty crap.

It's a brilliant piece of artwork. Maybe not brilliant as an album cover (it's small, difficult to make out at a distance). But it's very clever and thought-provoking in it's own right.

It's a brilliant piece of artwork. Maybe not brilliant as an album cover (it's small, difficult to make out at a distance). But it's very clever and thought-provoking in it's own right.

Why difficult to make out? Its red-blue combo is easy to spot. Not iconic ofc, but still great.

Probs on par with OoS and Abso covers, however those work functionally and aesthetically as covers more.

Miles better than OoS imo, I tend to like covers made with real photos more most of the time

Why difficult to make out? Its red-blue combo is easy to spot. Not iconic ofc, but still great.

I agree about the contrast and general landscape/sky, but the details of the men (the textures of the outfits themselves, let alone interpreting a meaning from them) being observable is unlikely in a record store when viewed from a distance. I guess what I'm saying is it's perhaps too esoteric? I dunno.

I agree about the contrast and general landscape/sky, but the details of the men (the textures of the outfits themselves, let alone interpreting a meaning from them) being observable is unlikely in a record store when viewed from a distance. I guess what I'm saying is it's perhaps too esoteric? I dunno.

Well you wouldn't analyze a cover in depth from a distance, would you?