Music Production Software

Liamoc123

Is cubase 4 a new thing? I have SX3. Are there many differences?

cubase 4 is the next version of cubase sx3... cubase studio 4 is the new version of the lighter SE version of cubase.

new stuff include 5 or 6 synths and new VST3 standard plugins, allowing multi in and out and also sidechaining (finally ffs ;P ) group tracks no longer need to be routed in the order they were created (big pita earlier) and there is a preset browser called media bay (very handy). new track type called instrument track... is basically a midi track, but a little different.

theres a new mixer too called control room, which is useful for controlling headphone monitor buses and different monitoring systems. probably some other stuff ive forgotten to mention, but thats the main bits i think.

never got along with it myself :noey:

at all..

me neither, we tried to use it to sequence things live for a little while... it pissed us off so much when we were trying to make the projects... always getting the tempo of our loops wrong even though they were exactly the right length (exported from cubase) and then when we set the correct tempo, the hitpoints were always messed up!! annoyinggggg!!1 not good for recording as a tape machine either, more suited to electronic music and looped stuff, thanks to its pattern thingy mode. i liked that, but the track lane view was appalling!

That sounds miles better! I'll have to get downloading it. The biggest thing for me (although not very cool) is that i'll be able to create a group channel and not have to figure out where in the track order it needs to sit!

yeah thats a big bonus.. but i dont think youll be able to download it, as i dont think its been cracked yet

The guitar plugs into the pedal board so there is no need for an interface.

I just got guitar rig 3

*ignores Chris' evil glare*

gives great valve sound but my PC is ghey and as a VST its like half a sec of latency if you monitor the track :LOL:

It does good cleans, the MOTP guitar effect perfect, light crunch, nice metal tones, but each amp doesn't sound too different, just a bit of EQ changing IMO....

the cool thing is you can set the cabs to dry or air, creating a mic placed WAY back in the room or right close, or what microphones to use....SM57 style looking ones (they dont use that name for legal reasons) the other one sounds too fizzy.

good if you can't be bothered mic'ing your own crap amp for recording

I just got guitar rig 3

*ignores Chris' evil glare*

gives great valve sound but my PC is ghey and as a VST its like half a sec of latency if you monitor the track :LOL:

It does good cleans, the MOTP guitar effect perfect, light crunch, nice metal tones, but each amp doesn't sound too different, just a bit of EQ changing IMO....

the cool thing is you can set the cabs to dry or air, creating a mic placed WAY back in the room or right close, or what microphones to use....SM57 style looking ones (they dont use that name for legal reasons) the other one sounds too fizzy.

good if you can't be bothered mic'ing your own crap amp for recording

Google asio4all, it will reduce your latency to pretty much nothing.

in cubase versions up to sx3, if i make 3 new group tracks (1, 2 and 3 respectively, in order of time) i cannot route the output of group 3 to group 2's input.. or ouput of group 2 to 1's input. you can in cubase 4.

Ahh, I haven't come across that issue before - seems a bit odd really!

Archived