Music Production Software

Liamoc123

• 1 year later...

Sorry for the massive bump, but...

Reaper says that it's an "evaluation version" and that I'll have to buy a license after 30 days, but people have told me that Reaper is free...Do you actually have to buy a license after that 30 day period, or does it let you keep using it? Or, is there a free version of Reaper?

Sorry for the massive bump, but...

Reaper says that it's an "evaluation version" and that I'll have to buy a license after 30 days, but people have told me that Reaper is free...Do you actually have to buy a license after that 30 day period, or does it let you keep using it? Or, is there a free version of Reaper?

You can carry on using it, just it prompts you to buy it each time you open and doesn't stop you doing anything.

You can carry on using it, just it prompts you to buy it each time you open and doesn't stop you doing anything.

AWESOME!

Cheers dude. I thought it might do that, but thought I'd better check! Incase it went psyco after 30 days, and deleted projects or something :p

Can let this thread die again now...

• 2 months later...

Does anybody here use Ableton Live or Virtual DJ and can they recomend anything decent for electronic musakkk production?

Also how does one go about producing electronic tracks without instruments, is it all via samples orrrr...? /n00b.

Does anybody here use Ableton Live or Virtual DJ and can they recomend anything decent for electronic musakkk production?

Also how does one go about producing electronic tracks without instruments, is it all via samples orrrr...? /n00b.

I use Ableton Live for all my electronic stuff and honestly couldn't live life without it now, best programme for it :happy:

Samples & softsynths, can do whatever you like pretty much with just those, the only "necessary" hardware is a keyboard.

Once you get into glitching everything up, then yeah, everything will be samples.

I use Ableton Live for all my electronic stuff and honestly couldn't live life without it now, best programme for it :happy:

Samples & softsynths, can do whatever you like pretty much with just those, the only "necessary" hardware is a keyboard.

Once you get into glitching everything up, then yeah, everything will be samples.

Cool, I'd love to get some midi controllers and stuff, vinyl etc, I don't particularly want to be a 'laptop dj' but I figure it's the best place to start out and teach myself I guess! I have ableton live 7 but I just haven't figured it out yet =/

Cool, I'd love to get some midi controllers and stuff, vinyl etc, I don't particularly want to be a 'laptop dj' but I figure it's the best place to start out and teach myself I guess! I have ableton live 7 but I just haven't figured it out yet =/

Nothing wrong with laptop DJing at all, can do some really interesting stuff with it which would be stupidly difficult/impossible with vinyl, like making your own edits, mashups and even being able to do that on the spot live. Traktor & Serato are better for "traditional" DJing, but that's pretty much cheating :chuckle:

I've got Live Suite 8 and warping is different, so can't help you too much there, but youtube will have videos on how to warp whole song for DJing with Live 7.

If you turn warping off, you can actually use Live like turntables, as you can detune the audio which speeds it up/slows it down and you can beatmatch tracks that way, so it's possible to get the hang of it before spending lots of money on decks & vinyl :)

Archived