Muse fans name Absolution the band's best album

RedStar

Really? So basically half the album is crap?

Okay, maybe really weak is a bit harsh but for me its basically:

Good songs: Apocalypse Please, Sing for Absolution, Stockholm Syndrome, Hysteria, Butterflies & Hurricanes, Ruled by Secrecy

Meh songs: Time is Running Out, Falling Away With You, Blackout, The Small Print, Endlessly, Thoughts of a Dying Atheist.

Good songs: Apocalypse Please, Sing for Absolution, Stockholm Syndrome, Hysteria, Butterflies & Hurricanes, Ruled by Secrecy

Meh songs: Time is Running Out, Falling Away With You, Blackout, The Small Print, Endlessly, Thoughts of a Dying Atheist.

Love Blackout and Endlessly, and FAWY is nice. The rest are a bit annoying most of the time though.

A few songs from the Abso era are only annoying for me because I overplayed them during the years. But I can still remember how much I enjoyed them at first. Comparing them to the last 2 (especially the latest) records, well you know....

To be honest I rate TR and T2L above Showbiz. TR and T2L both and pretty great highs as well as their lows whereas Showbiz just leaves me feeling meh.

I don't get how you can feel like that, Showbiz is my favourite Muse album.

Damn i love OPINIONS :happy:

How very wrong you are.

For me the albums that are consistently good all the way through are OOS, BHAR and T2L (except for Save Me). Showbiz is decent but a only has two or three great songs for me, as I've said Absolution is very variable and The Resistance has a mostly poor first half and great second half.