Do you think Futurism can be played live?

TheRD101Person

I mean, when they played it at Reading Festival in 2000, it was... bad, to say the least. Matt couldn't hit the notes, the effects were off, and it just didn't go too well.

But, that was over a decade ago... do you think their skills have increased enough for them to play it again?

As much as I would love to hear this song live, sadly I don't think it would happen. Even though Matts vocals right now are probably the best they have ever been I doubt he could pull it off.

Can it be played? Yes

Can it be played well? I doubt it

Does it work?

Kueller, make it happen.

Just put it two semitones down and one semitone down, both sound good imo. I like it one semitone down more

edit: wow, saving it after changing the pitch takes 5 minutes per version :LOL:

Edited by fabripav

Also, making it a half step down would do nothing to make it less difficult. The tough part of Futurism is that Matt has to hold notes for a long time, and quickly transition to falsetto at some parts.

:facepalm:

And it's not easier to hold mid range notes than high range ones?

The tough part is that the chorus is really high with indeed a lot of sustained notes, and the melody tops at Bb4 which is right at the top of Matt's chest range. Lowering it to A4 makes all the difference in the world.

Also don't get why people get the idea that the chest->falsetto switching in Muse songs is hard. It's incredibly easy. Maybe not for YOU, but for anyone who knows how to use their falsetto. In fact, Matt is quite bad at switching on the studio songs.

If you want hard switching, check out someone like Daniel Heiman.

:facepalm:

And it's not easier to hold mid range notes than high range ones?

The tough part is that the chorus is really high with indeed a lot of sustained notes, and the melody tops at Bb4 which is right at the top of Matt's chest range. Lowering it to A4 makes all the difference in the world.

...Alright, you win. :rolleyes: