Well that was a mixed gig. After getting fury so early I thought we must be in for a crazy setlist. Map sounded crystal clear and heavy as, another highlight. Guiding light is more underwhelming live. Hysteria and Pib are sounding great live. Edit - ls was surprisingly beefy

I've been barrier both nights and I definitely enjoyed this one more. Although we obviously had a feeling that something might be different. Loved that both Map and Hysteria got played, and Fury omg (everyone around me sort of moved away when I started bouncing at that point). I suppose I can now say that Guiding Light is a mood killer and have proof. But otherwise, wow.

Just out of curiosity, when did people start considering USOE to be that good? Must have missed that - it's alright but I've never thought it was amazing or anything. I don't get the obsession with MOTP either though to be fair - likewise it's good, but it wouldn't be high on my list of songs I'd want to hear live or anything really! XD

The sets are 95% fine.

It's just that moodkiller run of cheese in the middle that is bugging me. Even if that just separated them out a bit more, that would be better.

well said, it's just when a set suddenly receives GL and Explorers that things go a bit blegh, tonight's set in Melbourne honestly was as close to perfect as you get, Unnatural Selection, Hysteria, Map, Fury, USoE, no Resistance and yeah it would be nice if GL had been shifted for Animals or something but hey, for Map and Fury, i'd have no complaints seeing that in Sydney next week

Just out of curiosity, when did people start considering USOE to be that good? Must have missed that - it's alright but I've never thought it was amazing or anything. I don't get the obsession with MOTP either though to be fair - likewise it's good, but it wouldn't be high on my list of songs I'd want to hear live or anything really! XD

USoE and Map are both incredible live. I'd take them both any day.

I don't know about incredible. I'd still say good, but yeah. I have high standards and expectations of Muse live I suppose, as I tend to compare to their best. I never knew USOE was so well liked on here though. "Take them both" over what though, might be the key. It's all relative to the options I suppose.

Fair enough I suppose. I'd definitely have MOTP in a set somewhere, I just don't get when people get really excited about it, haha! You'd prefer USOE over something like Space Dementia though? Even on The Resistance, I'd prefer Redemption personally.

I'd take USoE over all of the piano songs currently being played, though Sunburn is quite close, though that just might be because I've seen USoE twice in the last 4 years but Sunburn twice in the last 12 months, so USoE feels fresher to me.

Give me Space Dementia or Hoodoo over anything though.

Fair enough I suppose. I'd definitely have MOTP in a set somewhere, I just don't get when people get really excited about it, haha! You'd prefer USOE over something like Space Dementia though? Even on The Resistance, I'd prefer Redemption personally.

I agree, although USOE is a huge improvement on Explorers/Feeling Good - but I'd rather have almost any of the older piano songs over it. And I prefer Bliss to Map in that slot

Of the 3 piano songs I've seen live Eurasia by far made for the best experience. On album I prefer Redemption but judging from the only live footage we have it doesn't look very amazing live.

There's other songs I'd prefer to see but Eurasia is up there and probably my favorite of the currently rotated ones.

Is it because the sound of the instrument is really important for flow? That way I could see that you want to have all the piano songs played to follow each other for flow. Given that, piano slots (and comparing piano songs separately from other songs) makes sense. However, that theory in itself makes no sense.

Maybe it's really difficult for Matt to actually walk to the piano, and therefore he want to keep those walks to a minimum, by having all piano songs follow each other. That would also explain why he doesn't want to play the New Bown intro. That doesn't explain why boardies would defend this system, though, since Bellamy should stop being lazy anyway.

Yeah, still have no idea.

Is it because the sound of the instrument is really important for flow? That way I could see that you want to have all the piano songs played to follow each other for flow. Given that, piano slots (and comparing piano songs separately from other songs) makes sense. However, that theory in itself makes no sense.

Maybe it's really difficult for Matt to actually walk to the piano, and therefore he want to keep those walks to a minimum, by having all piano songs follow each other. That would also explain why he doesn't want to play the New Bown intro. That doesn't explain why boardies would defend this system, though, since Bellamy should stop being lazy anyway.

Yeah, still have no idea.

As I said in the other thread, other bands have slow sections (which makes perfect sense from a flow point of view), Muse have a piano section. Simple.

They have to roll the piano out don't they? Except for stadiums I think where it always sits there. It is more efficient that way to have all the tracks connected.

They bring it out for Survival though so it could still be done for New Born.

The piano was on the stage constantly for my T2L arena gig.

Archived